Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I overpaid on my credit card bill. How do I get the money back?

Options
  • 22-03-2018 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

I accidentally overpaid on my credit card bill. I transferred 500 euro into my credit card account in order to pay off most of that months bill. There was still about 200 euro left to pay so I just left it for the direct debit due date but the direct debit withdrew over 300 euro more than they should have from my current account. My credit card statement is now 350 euro in credit. How do I transfer this money back into my current account? It seems like a mistake on the banks part to direct debit me by more money than I actually owed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi,

I accidentally overpaid on my credit card bill. I transferred 500 euro into my credit card account in order to pay off most of that months bill. There was still about 200 euro left to pay so I just left it for the direct debit due date but the direct debit withdrew over 300 euro more than they should have from my current account. My credit card statement is now 350 euro in credit. How do I transfer this money back into my current account? It seems like a mistake on the banks part to direct debit me by more money than I actually owed.
    Hi Tommo3434343,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

Your direct debit will have already been in process if you made your manual payment less than 4 business days before your DD was due out of your account.

You can call Credit Card payments on 1890 882 960 and an advisor will be happy to help organise a transfer for you. It can take some time for a transfer to process from a Credit Card back to your current account, so as an alternative you can make a withdrawal at the ATM and lodge it directly into your Current account.

There's no additional charge for this on the Credit Card as its already in credit.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Hi,

Hi Tommo3434343,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

Your direct debit will have already been in process if you made your manual payment less than 4 business days before your DD was due out of your account.

You can call Credit Card payments on 1890 882 960 and an advisor will be happy to help organise a transfer for you. It can take some time for a transfer to process from a Credit Card back to your current account, so as an alternative you can make a withdrawal at the ATM and lodge it directly into your Current account.

There's no additional charge for this on the Credit Card as its already in credit.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane
    Cool. Thanks!

Advertisement