Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir is a pure joke altogether avoid like the plague

Options
  • 22-03-2018 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I have discovered today my connected to eir pay and go service was terminated at their end when I tried to contact them via phone every agent I eventually got through to cut me off just after asking wether it possible to reactivate the service..

so I went onto webchat and surprise surprise the same again very rude and obnoxious shower of fools.

eventually i did manage to speak to somebody who hung around long enough to respond only to be told if i want the service go to nearest eir shop and purchase another simcard then also purchase top up for that sim this to me was not helpful at all most other networks if sim is disconnected will re activate the existing sim providing a top up is made within 24 hours but no not eir they only want your money and then good luck to you.

I will be lodging a complaint to comreg regarding this company

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi ant1_2k,

Thanks for getting in touch. I sincerely apologise and will be sure to relay your feedback in regards to this matter. If you need any further assistance or clarification as to why the account may have been cancelled, please send on the mobile and PIN in a PM and I'll be more than happy to help you.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ant1_2k

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi ant1_2k,

Thanks for getting in touch. I sincerely apologise and will be sure to relay your feedback in regards to this matter. If you need any further assistance or clarification as to why the account may have been cancelled, please send on the mobile and PIN in a PM and I'll be more than happy to help you.

Thanks,

Sarah
    the account was disabled because I had left my phone behind in the accommodation i was in abroad and it took 5 months for me to get it back by that time eir had already disconnected my number i would  like my number restored so I can at least port it over to a network that actually cares about its customers I WILL NOT BE PURCHASING A NEW SIM CARD AND TOPPING UP BY 20 EURO AS YOUR OUT OF IRELAND CUSTOMER CARE TEAM TELL ME I HAVE TO DO IN ORDER FOR MY NUMBER OF 10 YEARS TO BE REACTIVATED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

ant1_2k wrote: »
    Hi ant1_2k,

Thanks,

Sarah
    the account was disabled because I had left my phone behind in the accommodation i was in abroad and it took 5 months for me to get it back by that time eir had already disconnected my number i would  like my number restored so I can at least port it over to a network that actually cares about its customers I WILL NOT BE PURCHASING A NEW SIM CARD AND TOPPING UP BY 20 EURO AS YOUR OUT OF IRELAND CUSTOMER CARE TEAM TELL ME I HAVE TO DO IN ORDER FOR MY NUMBER OF 10 YEARS TO BE REACTIVATED.
    Hi ant1_2k ,

Without topping up we would be unable to assist you in regaining service.

Once again I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi ant1_2k,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi ant1_2k ,

Without topping up we would be unable to assist you in regaining service.

Once again I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas
    then tell me how can I top up if there is no service on the phone to do so ?

I find it amazing how a service rep can reply to a post within 15 minutes but then when asked such a simple question like how is somebody supposed to top up a mobile account when service is disabled they cant even provide a valid answer 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 mkov1

It takes about 4 seconds to type in into google how to top up eir account

You can top up anytime using our online top up service. This allows you to either make a quick top up for you or someone else or save your payment details in your profile for even faster topping up

If you choose to register for a top up account, this will allow you to top up by text, online or even schedule a frequent top up.

You can also:
    • Call 1743 – top up by debit, credit or laser card.
    • Voucher – buy in store and dial 1741 to top up. You can also freetext the voucher number to 50103 to top up by text. The minimum top up amount available in store is €5.
    • From your bank account – top up at an ATM, Online or over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Emm, you didn't use your phone for 5 months. It'll go inactive and fall off most networks.

If the SIM has been cancelled, you likely do need a new one, which is free of charge according to their website.

Topping up just reactivates your services, like it does any other time you top up.

All you need to do is prove its your account by going to a store and bringing ID.

If the account isn't registered to anyone, you'll probably have lost it unless you've got the SIM, as there's no way of proving it's yours.

That's not unreasonable. Otherwise anyone could just take anyone else's mobile account over by just claiming it's theirs.

Also it's not "your" number. It's the mobile networks' number and you're using it as per the T&Cs of your agreement. One of those is usually that you keep it active by making a call / sending a text every X months. If that doesn't happen the networks usually automatically close the account. The number is then put into a suspended state for a while and would go out of service.

After about 6 or is it 9 months (I can't remember), it's potentially recycled and issued to someone else.

Once you stop paying for a service (not using it and occasionally topping up on prepay) it will get cancelled. That applies across all the networks and actually Eir isn't the most aggressive about doing that.

mkov1 wrote: »
    It takes about 4 seconds to type in into google how to top up eir account

You can top up anytime using our online top up service. This allows you to either make a quick top up for you or someone else or save your payment details in your profile for even faster topping up

If you choose to register for a top up account, this will allow you to top up by text, online or even schedule a frequent top up.

You can also:
    • Call 1743 – top up by debit, credit or laser card.
    • Voucher – buy in store and dial 1741 to top up. You can also freetext the voucher number to 50103 to top up by text. The minimum top up amount available in store is €5.
    • From your bank account – top up at an ATM, Online or over the phone.

[*]
    REALLY!! and how do you top up an account that was inactive for 2 days?

Skedaddle wrote: »
    Emm, you didn't use your phone for 5 months. It'll go inactive and fall off most networks.

If the SIM has been cancelled, you likely do need a new one, which is free of charge according to their website.

Topping up just reactivates your services, like it does any other time you top up.

All you need to do is prove its your account by going to a store and bringing ID.

If the account isn't registered to anyone, you'll probably have lost it unless you've got the SIM, as there's no way of proving it's yours.

That's not unreasonable. Otherwise anyone could just take anyone else's mobile account over by just claiming it's theirs.

Also it's not "your" number. It's the mobile networks' number and you're using it as per the T&Cs of your agreement. One of those is usually that you keep it active by making a call / sending a text every X months. If that doesn't happen the networks usually automatically close the account. The number is then put into a suspended state for a while and would go out of service.

After about 6 or is it 9 months (I can't remember), it's potentially recycled and issued to someone else.

Once you stop paying for a service (not using it and occasionally topping up on prepay) it will get cancelled. That applies across all the networks and actually Eir isn't the most aggressive about doing that.
    the account was topped up last 5 months ago days before it was misplaced took 5 months to get it back.

the account should not have been de activated for 6 months from last top up.

most other networks at request would reactivate the account providing top up is made within 24 hours from activation.

I am well aware I do not own the number however it is the number I have used for the last 10 years and everybody I know has that number for me including friends who have changed their numbers and have not yet got the number for.

all I want is for eir to reactivate my number so that I can top up the account and continue to use it since I now have my phone back.

also yes I still have the sim card the number is attached to and have been into the local eir shop 40km away to be told they cant do anything in store to call their customer services to have it activated again.

I googled and found their T&Cs:
    We may terminate Prepay Services if you fail to top up the Service by a minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit at least once every 150 days, though for a further 30 days you will continue to receive incoming service. We will lift the suspension during this 30 day period and thereafter up to 13 months from the last top up with purchased credit if you top up by a minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit. Upon expiry of the 13 month period we may unilaterally terminate this Agreement without notice to you. We will attempt to advise you of an impending suspension if you fail to meet the minimum requirement for applying call credit to the Services. If the Services have been suspended because of a failure to apply such a minimum top-up, eir Mobile will remove any credit remaining on your account after 240 days from the last top up with purchased
    credit. Additionally, if your account is terminated for any reason, you will lose any call credit remaining on your account at the time the Services are terminated.

So, they do suspend service after 150 days (5 months), but you still should be able to receive incoming calls for a further 30 days and reactivate the account for up to 13 months from that.

Have you tried just topping up by €5.00 using your bank account or something other than a voucher?

• Advertisement

I googled and found their T&Cs:
    We may terminate Prepay Services if you fail to top up the Service by a minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit at least once every 150 days, though for a further 30 days you will continue to receive incoming service. We will lift the suspension during this 30 day period and thereafter up to 13 months from the last top up with purchased credit if you top up by a minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit. Upon expiry of the 13 month period we may unilaterally terminate this Agreement without notice to you. We will attempt to advise you of an impending suspension if you fail to meet the minimum requirement for applying call credit to the Services. If the Services have been suspended because of a failure to apply such a minimum top-up, eir Mobile will remove any credit remaining on your account after 240 days from the last top up with purchased
    credit. Additionally, if your account is terminated for any reason, you will lose any call credit remaining on your account at the time the Services are terminated.

So, they do suspend service after 150 days (5 months), but you still should be able to receive incoming calls for a further 40 days and reactivate the account for up to 13 months from that.

Have you tried just topping up by €5.00 using your bank account or something other than a voucher?
    yes and it fails also I should be able to receive calls and messages (incoming) but no fully de activated this is the issue as it should have allowed me to top up

In that case they're breeching their own T&Cs.

In that case they're breeching their own T&Cs.
    exactly they are but it would not be the first time with them doing that 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

There are 2 numbers for payg help for eir

01 4307066

1800 690 000 (don't know if this works, never used it)

Had similar issue before and got it sorted over the phone. They gave 24 hours to top up after the bar was lifted. If you have a voucher I think they can apply it for you

Eir have the shortest top up interval, Vodafone is 6 months use plus 2 further months to top up.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    There are 2 numbers for payg help for eir

01 4307066

1800 690 000 (don't know if this works, never used it)

Had similar issue before and got it sorted over the phone. They gave me 24 hours to top up after the bar was lifted. If you have a voucher I think they can apply it for you

Eir have the shortest top up interval, Vodafone is 6 months use plus 2 further months to top up.
    thank you only problem is I am unable to call them as phone not in service and the friend who let me use their phone to call is now out of the country 

reply from eir over twitter dm 

"I can see your account has been terminated on 20/4/2018. If you have topped up your account before that date, then account could have been in an active state. Please be advised that all our SIM card provided at free of cost in a store. However, if you need to activate the plan or add-on then you'll need to top up your account accordingly. I'd recommend you to pop into a nearby eir store and check if what the best they can do from their end. -Hema"

as well as the t&c's they sent

"2.4 We may terminate Prepay Services if you fail to top up the Service by a minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit at least once every 150 days, though for a further 30 days you will continue to receive incoming service. We will lift the suspension during this 30 day period and thereafter up to 13 months from the last top up with purchased credit if you top up by a minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit. Upon expiry of the 13 month period we may unilaterally terminate this Agreement without notice to you. We will attempt to advise you of an impending suspension if you fail to meet the minimum requirement for applying call credit to the Services. If the Services have been suspended because of a failure to apply such a minimum top-up, eir Mobile will remove any credit remaining on your account after 240 days from the last top up with purchased credit. Additionally, if your account is terminated for any reason, you will lose any call credit remaining on your account at the time the Services are terminated"

that states they can reactivate it again for up to 13 months after the suspension.

some of the replies correct me if I am wrong but is 20/04/2018 not next month??

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Yes, Eir are breeching their own T&Cs. What's new.

Comreg are useless, so you might as well suck it up ! Focus on getting your number back and run away from Eir , run very fast .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Eir did the same thing to my elderly mother's (former Meteor) phone number before Christmas. 

Phone would have had about €40-50 credit put on it some months back, so she didn't think it needing to be topped up. 
    Not even as much as a text reminding her that she needed to top up when the 5 months thing was approaching. I rang up on her behalf when she realised something was wrong with her phone, basically looking to put credit on and reactivate, only to be told there was nothing they could do and the number could not be reactivated. 
    So I had to get her a new number - and I got it elsewhere. Well done eir! Keep driving those pesky customers away.

"I can see your account has been terminated on 20/4/2018. If you have topped up your account before that date, then account could have been in an active state. Please be advised that all our SIM card provided at free of cost in a store. However, if you need to activate the plan or add-on then you'll need to top up your account accordingly. I'd recommend you to pop into a nearby eir store and check if what the best they can do from their end. -Hema"

"2.4 We may terminate Prepay Services if you fail to top up the Service by a minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit at least once every 150 days, though for a further 30 days you will continue to receive incoming service. We will lift the suspension during this 30 day period and thereafter up to 13 months from the last top up with purchased credit if you top up by a minimum of €5.00 of purchased call credit. Upon expiry of the 13 month period we may unilaterally terminate this Agreement without notice to you. We will attempt to advise you of an impending suspension if you fail to meet the minimum requirement for applying call credit to the Services. If the Services have been suspended because of a failure to apply such a minimum top-up, eir Mobile will remove any credit remaining on your account after 240 days from the last top up with purchased credit. Additionally, if your account is terminated for any reason, you will lose any call credit remaining on your account at the time the Services are terminated"

that states they can reactivate it again for up to 13 months after the suspension.
    Hi ant1_2k,

In order to have your number and service reactivated you will need to top up by €5 and call our support team. 

You can top up using banking online or if you purchase a voucher from a store an agent from our support team can apply this voucher for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement

Hi ant1_2k,

In order to have your number and service reactivated you will need to top up by €5 and call our support team. 

You can top up using banking online or if you purchase a voucher from a store an agent from our support team can apply this voucher for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    oh really then tell me what support agent that would be that is able to do this for me because the ones I managed to get through were completely useless and every agent I did manage to speak to told me they would not re enable/ reactivate my account until after top up had been applied..

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO TOP UP A PHONE WHEN SERVICE IS INACTIVE, AND WHEN EIR REFUSE TO RE ACTIVATE THE SIM FOR ME TO ACTUALLY MAKE THE TOP UP. THERE IS NO WAY TO DO THIS.

I think I would have a much better chance of finding a real wild unicorn in the land of faeries and dragons than I would of eir actually re activating the service in order for me to apply top up 

Hi ant1_2k,

Thanks 

Thomas
    oh really then tell me what support agent that would be that is able to do this for me because the ones I managed to get through were completely useless and every agent I did manage to speak to told me they would not re enable/ reactivate my account until after top up had been applied..

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO TOP UP A PHONE WHEN SERVICE IS INACTIVE, AND WHEN EIR REFUSE TO RE ACTIVATE THE SIM FOR ME TO ACTUALLY MAKE THE TOP UP. THERE IS NO WAY TO DO THIS.

I think I would have a much better chance of finding a real wild unicorn in the land of faeries and dragons than I would of eir actually re activating the service in order for me to apply top up 
    If you have purchased a top-up voucher and you call our support team they can apply the credit to your account by taking the pin number from the voucher.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi ant1_2k,

Thanks 

Thomas

Alternatively, you can top up using online banking.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement