Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old SEPA transfer information

Options
  • 22-03-2018 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was looking for some information on two sepa transactions from 2015 and 2016 -  the account the money was paid to, the amount in GBP and EUR, the "Reason for Payment" and the "Message on Payee Statement".

I checked on 365online to retrieve this but it only shows this info for the last year. Further past that timeframe it is only statements that are available which do not contain this info.

So I though it would be best to ask the service desk on 365online. This was the answer they came back with:

We can order a Proof of Payment which would provide the information you require for these transactions but please note there may be charges for this request. Please see below as these charges would apply to your request also.
    If an international missing payment has been completed 6 months or > 6 months - there is a charge of EUR33.00 per hour with a minimum of EUR8.25 involved for Global Markets to retrieve the required information. Unfortunately, a timeframe cannot be given as it is dependent on the number of payments and background work involved in completion of the query

So I am now expected to pay for the privilege of being supplied my own banking information? Information that is available online until the bank locks it away....this seems ridiculous.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

ShRT wrote: »
    Hi,

I was looking for some information on two sepa transactions from 2015 and 2016 -  the account the money was paid to, the amount in GBP and EUR, the "Reason for Payment" and the "Message on Payee Statement".

I checked on 365online to retrieve this but it only shows this info for the last year. Further past that timeframe it is only statements that are available which do not contain this info.

So I though it would be best to ask the service desk on 365online. This was the answer they came back with:

We can order a Proof of Payment which would provide the information you require for these transactions but please note there may be charges for this request. Please see below as these charges would apply to your request also.
    If an international missing payment has been completed 6 months or > 6 months - there is a charge of EUR33.00 per hour with a minimum of EUR8.25 involved for Global Markets to retrieve the required information. Unfortunately, a timeframe cannot be given as it is dependent on the number of payments and background work involved in completion of the query

So I am now expected to pay for the privilege of being supplied my own banking information? Information that is available online until the bank locks it away....this seems ridiculous.  
    Hi ShRt,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

There can be a charge involved in retrieving this information. There are a number of factors involved and depending on the workload to get this information for you, the charge may be applied. We would always make the best effort to provide this information free of charge however we're obliged to inform you of this charge should we need to trace the payment through Global Markets.

When you complete transfer on 365 online, a confirmation page is displayed and you are prompted to save or print this page. If you make regular transfers we'd advise that you create a file on your device and save these pages as they are your copies for proof of payment and you can keep them for your records.

If possible, can you please send us a PM with your reference number for your secure message you sent us, and we can have this reviewed.

You can send a PM by clicking the link below my signature.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement