Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Looks like I'll park myself here then.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Looks like I'll park myself here then.

Oooh hello haha .. I’ve actually gone a little grey since i started this campaign and that’s a solid message.
    We are surely in some time this year! .. September 2016 jeeesus Christ boy.
    I got that email saying “as your vetting isn’t complete we cannot determine your suitability” ..
    it’s been forever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Yeah lads I'll be living in here as well. Applied September 2016 and the wait is killing me.

Oooh hello haha .. I’ve actually gone a little grey since i started this campaign and that’s a solid message.
    We are surely in some time this year! .. September 2016 jeeesus Christ boy.
    I got that email saying “as your vetting isn’t complete we cannot determine your suitability” ..
    it’s been forever!!
    Deja vu these days lol

I'm low 600s from Sept 2016 and my file is awaiting sign off by senior management. Looks like I can book a summer holiday now. Your life would be on hold over the whole process!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

I’ll join you all once again, but I think it’s time for a boards holiday ha easier said than done though !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Alright lads. We'll get cosy here so. But I heard other people say it was August. If it's July they'll send out the invite in May. Sure that will bate in! But chances are they'll still be checking us for suitability by then. Would you believe people going to templemore only did there physical on Tuesday. Did my physical a year ago. Sickening!

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2017-11-28a.682 can anyone confirm that the next intake is July? The minister says the next intake is August per the link.

Looks like peoples medicals will expire after 12 months too if you don't get the start in Templemore within the 12 month period. Is that confirmed? PCT does not need to be redone after 12 months expiry as far as I know. Anyone can confirm all the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Oh ****e medical again. Better stop listening to my ear phones again! And I meant to say we'll be getting offers in June not May. Can't confirm any of that but the next person that's onto hrm should ask them

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2017-11-28a.682 can anyone confirm that the next intake is July? The minister says the next intake is August per the link.

Looks like peoples medicals will expire after 12 months too if you don't get the start in Templemore within the 12 month period. Is that confirmed? PCT does not need to be redone after 12 months expiry as far as I know. Anyone can confirm all the above?

I really hope we don't have to do the medical again that is complete bollox if we do. They should not be letting it take that long. I did mine in June so hopefully the intake is July and offers go out in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

I’m from June 17 campaign, rang HRM last week to see any update, my vetting was still outstanding(lived in Away for a year)! Got an email yesterday with PCT for 2 weeks time..
    Hoping for July!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Kerry1992 wrote: »
    I’m from June 17 campaign, rang HRM last week to see any update, my vetting was still outstanding(lived in Away for a year)! Got an email yesterday with PCT for 2 weeks time..
    Hoping for July!!

Do you mind me asking when did you do your medical. I’m waiting on my date for PCT. I’d love to see where they are up to

But chances are they'll still be checking us for suitability by then. Would you believe people going to templemore only did there physical on Tuesday. Did my physical a year ago. Sickening!

I would't be surprised if the suitability status hasn't cleared by then. Becoming very pessimistic over the whole process and it's disheartening also seeing people from later campaigns receiving offers before you.

Hoping for July!!

Well you're definitely in for a chance for July anyway hopefully the vetting will come back quick enough. I did my fitness last August but I lived and worked abroad so it does add to the length of time it takes for it to come back.

I really hope we don't have to do the medical again that is complete bollox if we do. They should not be letting it take that long. I did mine in June so hopefully the intake is July and offers go out in June.

I know I also done my medical in June too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Oh ****e medical again. Better stop listening to my ear phones again! And I meant to say we'll be getting offers in June not May. Can't confirm any of that but the next person that's onto hrm should ask them

I asked several questions with regards to my vetting, is april full and when is the next intake but just got the vetting checks are still outstanding back, so i dunno will they give out that information at this point

I would't be surprised if the suitability status hasn't cleared by then. Becoming very pessimistic over the whole process and it's disheartening also seeing people from later campaigns receiving offers before you.

There's no way they could still be checking suitability by then what could they not possibly check between then and now?

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking when did you do your medical. I’m waiting on my date for PCT. I’d love to see where they are up to

I had my medical 20th November, open day on 6th Jan.. pct 7th April.
    My friend applied same time as me and got all dates the same then she had pct last week and got word yesterday she’s staring in April

There's no way they could still be checking suitability by then what could they not possibly check between then and now?

That's a good question. It's hard to remain optimistic. Ridiculously slow process....so much for an accelerated campaign.

Well you're definitely in for a chance for July anyway hopefully the vetting will come back quick enough. I did my fitness last August but I lived and worked abroad so it does add to the length of time it takes for it to come back.

Definitely adds time. Seems to still be lots from 2016 waiting also! I’m going to call them later to check if anything has changed with the vetting and I’ll keep ye posted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Definitely adds time. Seems to still be lots from 2016 waiting also! I’m going to call them later to check if anything has changed with the vetting and I’ll keep ye posted..

Hey. My dates are similar enough to yours but no PCT date yet. Do you mind me asking what your OOM is?

• Advertisement

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Hey. My dates are similar enough to yours but no PCT date yet. Do you mind me asking what your OOM is?

My OOM is 456, what about yours ?

My OOM is 456, what about yours ?

I'm in the 300s myself. Hopefully a date will come up soon.

I'm in the 300s myself. Hopefully a date will come up soon.

It’s so unpredictable, my friend who had same dates as me for everything except pct was in 300s also and now she’s got in for April.. I don’t think oom matters until after pct..

It’s so unpredictable, my friend who had same dates as me for everything except pct was in 300s also and now she’s got in for April.. I don’t think oom matters until after pct..

Yea I agree. They must pick the names out of a hat. I suppose it depends how far vetting is on. The people from 2017 who got April must have flew through vetting.

Yea I agree. They must pick the names out of a hat. I suppose it depends how far vetting is on. The people from 2017 who got April must have flew through vetting.

Yeah It must be!! I got a call the week after my interview to check what dates I was abroad from HRM so I thought my vetting would be well on its way before Xmas but obviously takes a lot longer..
    You should ring HRM and see if ya can get in for the next pct..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lauranolan

Going to join the long dreaded wait too!😳

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm from 2017 campaign, my oom early 40s, still haven't heard any word back. Thinking of ringing today to ask for an update. Anyone have number for hrm?
    Waiting is killing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

montanas wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm from 2017 campaign, my oom early 40s, still haven't heard any word back. Thinking of ringing today to ask for an update. Anyone have number for hrm?
    Waiting is killing me...
    The waiting around is the worst part.. I’m in the same boat as you but I’m
    In merit 300s but the number is 353 1 666 0000

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    The waiting around is the worst part.. I’m in the same boat as you but I’m
    In merit 300s but the number is 353 1 666 0000

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 ladybosskerry

same here....
    waiting on physical, my file has been sent back to hrm from garda station checks.
    oom early 250's
    have inlaws living in the north, relations in oz and nyc so i think my vetting will take a while, has anyone any insight into this...

Advertisement