Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    I’m in Finally, absolutely shocked... is there a what’s app group ?? Sept 2016 campaign OOM in 800’s.
    Well done. When did you get the email. Were you told you were signed off before this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Im assuming all the second round offers
    have been sent and received?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Well done. When did you get the email. Were you told you were signed off before this?

I rang at the start of the week and my vetting was outstanding, I rang today and it was going for final check and I was told offers will be out this evening and again on Monday. Also they told me to watch my emails.
    There will be more offers to come lads

I rang at the start of the week and my vetting was outstanding, I rang today and it was going for final check and I was told offers will be out this evening and again on Monday. Also they told me to watch my emails.
    Thanks for the injection of optimism. Fingers ****ing crossed!

Nice one thanks for the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Nice one thanks for the post

No worries lad

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

I’m in Finally, absolutely shocked... is there a what’s app group ?? Sept 2016 campaign OOM in 800’s.

Fair play. Your long wait is over at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Congrats to everyone who got an offer.

Im a groomsman at a wedding in August mid week does anyone know do they allow you to leave for an occasion like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

June 2017.. ive repeat push/pull 7th July..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Kerry1992 wrote: »

Best of luck with it and you'll make the next intake hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Tommy1997

Hi there

I got offered to do the induction on the 23rd July but i have to give 4 weeks notice is anyone else doing an induction before or after this date.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭DeHorse88

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who got an offer.

Im a groomsman at a wedding in August mid week does anyone know do they allow you to leave for an occasion like that?

Yes they will allow you to leave for that. When looking for a day off for anything like that you have to put in an application and show proof. You will get the day off but that could be all you get, they could expect you back the day after the wedding

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    Yes they will allow you to leave for that. When looking for a day off for anything like that you have to put in an application and show proof. You will get the day off but that could be all you get, they could expect you back the day after the wedding

Well that is something anyway thanks for getting back to me.

Any idea on a whatsapp group?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jumpstart99

Congrats to everyone.. You are now intake 183!! Its a great feeling getting that email. Looking forward to seeing the fresh faces down there the first week! Your in suits for 6 weeks... Enjoy. 181.
    Your fitness test is week 5. So go running.

Congrats to everyone.. You are now intake 183!! Its a great feeling getting that email. Looking forward to seeing the fresh faces down there the first week! Your in suits for 6 weeks... Enjoy. 181.

when do you get measured up for the uniform?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jumpstart99

The measurement you gave is what you getting in the box. It will be in about 5 or six weeks when you get the uniform. If its to big or small on the day you will get a better size. Your made try it all on.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Tommy1997 wrote: »
    Hi there

I got offered to do the induction on the 23rd July but i have to give 4 weeks notice is anyone else doing an induction before or after this date.

There is an induction the week before starting 16th of July with official start on the 30th. I just got the bear 4 weeks notice. Surely your employer will have to accommodate you?

There is an induction the week before starting 16th of July with official start on the 30th. I just got the bear 4 weeks notice. Surely your employer will have to accommodate you?

No I have hours right up to the 27th and they want me to fulfil them but I have a weeks holidays the 9th July which is next week so I’m hoping I can do my induction then.

Thanks for the injection of optimism. Fingers ****ing crossed!

Do you know the number you can ring to see is your is your file gone through?

No I have hours right up to the 27th and they want me to fulfil them but I have a weeks holidays the 9th July which is next week so I’m hoping I can do my induction then.

Not sure you know the way the guards works lad they'll be no induction the 9th July it's the 16th and 23rd and there's no getting around it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Kerry1992 wrote: »

Was it a 3 month wait exactly from your first physical to the 7th of July?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CheekJones

Are we expected to do better this time?

Lads can you defer your place until the next intake as work will not leave me go without a full 4 weeks notice.

Lads can you defer your place until the next intake as work will not leave me go without a full 4 weeks notice.

ye but its not guaranteed and you would have had to submit your response by 10am this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3 J2018

Is that all of the second round offers done now for July or is there more out this week??

J2018 wrote: »
    Is that all of the second round offers done now for July or is there more out this week??

Called there. They said if ye havnt got an offer that's it because they're all out. Bad buzz

Called there. They said if ye havnt got an offer that's it because they're all out. Bad buzz

Bad buzz alright! Have to wait another couple of months so!

J2018 wrote: »

Bad buzz alright! Have to wait another couple of months so!

I wouldn't mind waiting it's just the not knowing if I'm getting in or not. Very unprofessional

I wouldn't mind waiting it's just the not knowing if I'm getting in or not. Very unprofessional

I know it’s annoying that way, your just constantly refreshing emails not knowing whether or not you’ll get one!

• Advertisement

Anyone have the HRM number to see if my file has gone through?

Advertisement