Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

montanas wrote: »
    Waiting is killing me...

Try waiting from earlier campaigns. Still a few on here from January 2016 campaign. I myself is from the Sept 2016 campaign. Awaiting sign off by senior management. Waiting is the worst part :( but it will be worth it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

My mate from 2013 campaign only got in August 2017...

That's crazy long :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

WTF ? Seriously.

TallGlass wrote: »
    WTF ? Seriously.

Yep, his and his missis families are living all over the world, background check took him forever..
    My case is not much of a difference 😣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Servo91

That's a ridiculous wait!

Take it he had to redo medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Anyone from 2016 heard anything? I seen another from 2017 got in. I'm starting to think they've forgotten about us from 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I did my medical the 29th of March last year .. :(
    That’s gonma expire most definitely, does that mean I’ve to re do it?
    My head is fried, it’s gonna be two years after I applied before I hear anything.

Servo91 wrote: »
    That's a ridiculous wait!

Take it he had to redo medical?

Not sure about that. I think he done medical after background was cleared

I did my medical the 29th of March last year .. :(
    That’s gonma expire most definitely, does that mean I’ve to re do it?
    My head is fried, it’s gonna be two years after I applied before I hear anything.

I've heard you have to redo it, I did mine last June but I've never actually seen on here anyone redo it. It's ridiculous that they would let it get to that stage. Vetting can't possibly take as long as it has.

• Advertisement

I've heard you have to redo it, I did mine last June but I've never actually seen on here anyone redo it. It's ridiculous that they would let it get to that stage. Vetting can't possibly take as long as it has.

I actually really hope you do not have to do the medical again. Can someone clarify with HRM cause I seen it mentioned on here before that you do need to redo medical after one year. Let's hope that is not the case.

I actually really hope you do not have to do the medical again. Can someone clarify with HRM cause I seen it mentioned on here before that you do need to redo medical after one year. Let's hope that is not the case.

I'm actually afraid to ring, I rang 3 times since April offers started going out. They probably blocked my number haha.

I'm actually afraid to ring, I rang 3 times since April offers started going out. They probably blocked my number haha.

That's gas I rang that amount of times to:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

I defered to finish my degree i did my medical last march and physical in June so im definitely expired! i wonder do you have to do it again if you defered?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

So the next intake is July when will it be after that? Im finished my degree in August hoping to wait out till then hoping next intake after july will be September? Anyone clarify? Thank you

So the next intake is July when will it be after that? Im finished my degree in August hoping to wait out till then hoping next intake after july will be September? Anyone clarify? Thank you

Going by the way it's been the last two years I reckon the next intake after July would be November.

That's gas I rang that amount of times to:pac:

Haha yeah to be honest I'm afraid to ring up so I'll probably wait till around June cause my medical was last June. I hope to God there's no repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

I defered to finish my degree i did my medical last march and physical in June so im definitely expired! i wonder do you have to do it again if you defered?

Was it easy to defer?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Well lads. Leeroy are we still on waiting for suitability List?

Well lads. Leeroy are we still on waiting for suitability List?

As far as I know yeah. I haven't rang in awhile though so it could have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

Has anyone contacted HRM since April offers went out and been told they have been signed off or will it slow down again until August intake I wonder?

Kh90 wrote: »
    Has anyone contacted HRM since April offers went out and been told they have been signed off or will it slow down again until August intake I wonder?

Good question!

I haven't. It would be good to know if anyone else have????

I got told a few weeks ago my file was awaiting sign off by senior management. Then received one of the generic emails that people received here; your file remains awaiting a decision regarding your suitability etc.

My vetting is complete....is it still awaiting sign off? Or in a maybe pile?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lauranolan

meeting the superintendent tomorrow!! everything else done and finished! any tips be greatly appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Lauranolan wrote: »
    meeting the superintendent tomorrow!! everything else done and finished! any tips be greatly appreciated!!
    Any of your past studies/workplaces he/she asks you about you might say you found it tough at the start but are thankful for the experience.

Don't say u hated the course or hated the work,

he/she wants to see that you'll be a good team member on a garda unit, and can work with all sorts of people, colleagues and the public

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Naughy94

Contacted Hrm today and my file is part of a que awaiting to be signed off by senior management , it’s a ridiculous setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

Naughy94 wrote: »
    Contacted Hrm today and my file is part of a que awaiting to be signed off by senior management , it’s a ridiculous setup

It’s crazy how it works. So like does that mean your guaranteed a place or it’s still a waiting game, this is my thing the not knowing is horrible isn’t it?

Naughy94 wrote: »

I've a feeling the response will be the same until a week or 2 before the next intake. It's a load of bollox to be honest. Its a quick look over your file and a yes or no. I can't plan any sort of a holiday. My missus has to take her holidays in August so we've no choice but to take separate holidays. And the other thing is i dont know weather to be saving my arse off or not to try pay off my mortgage while potentially in templemore. Head is melted with this!

• Advertisement

Lauranolan wrote: »

Hope all went well for you. How did you find it?

Advertisement