Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

I've a feeling the response will be the same until a week or 2 before the next intake. It's a load of bollox to be honest. Its a quick look over your file and a yes or no. I can't plan any sort of a holiday. My missus has to take her holidays in August so we've no choice but to take separate holidays. And the other thing is i dont know weather to be saving my arse off or not to try pay off my mortgage while potentially in templemore. Head is melted with this!

I think the same. Yes your whole life is on hold unfortunately. I flew back from a family holiday just to do my medical cause I was afraid to defer in case it would slow me up. Spent a lot of extra money for different flights etc and still here. A lot of time effort, expense, sacrifices on the family for a start in AGS. It will be worth all the waiting but man the waiting game is agonising.

It is such a slow process even with it been an accelerated campaign......supposably!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lauranolan

Hope all went well for you. How did you find it?

Went really well it was only a chat really and went over my application asked my why I wanted to be a garda etc. He also asked me did I have any commitments if I needed to start soon, so hopefully that’s a good sign.

Lauranolan wrote: »
    Went really well it was only a chat really and went over my application asked my why I wanted to be a garda etc. He also asked me did I have any commitments if I needed to start soon, so hopefully that’s a good sign.

Sounds all good. Very informal really isn't it. Mine lasted about ten minutes. Like an assembly line of new recruits been interviewed the same day as me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

I've heard i don't know how true it is, but apparently there is supposed to be 250 recruited for April and they only have 120 talk is its being delayed until they fill the spaces or else going to be capped at 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Clono wrote: »
    I've heard i don't know how true it is, but apparently there is supposed to be 250 recruited for April and they only have 120 talk is its being delayed until they fill the spaces or else going to be capped at 150.

First induction week is tomorrow and second is next week for April campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Hi all, does anyone happen to know what the holidays are for those in college through Xmas?

Alberto17 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone happen to know what the holidays are for those in college through Xmas?

Usually two weeks off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

Alberto17 wrote: »

Usually two weeks off :)
    How do you know 2 weeks?
    I'm pretty sure it is just a week off. You get 2 weeks off over the duration of the course which is nearly 8 months, doubt it they would give it in one go at Xmas. Plus I asked this question of someone who was I the college who said it was about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Thanks lads. Probably changes every year, 25th Dec is a Tues this year, makes sense to have 21Dec – 2 Jan off which would be 10 days.

Getting ahead here obviously just a bit of planning ahead 😊

How do you know 2 weeks?
    I'm pretty sure it is just a week off. You get 2 weeks off over the duration of the course which is nearly 8 months, doubt it they would give it in one go at Xmas. Plus I asked this question of someone who was I the college who said it was about a week.

I confirmed two weeks from a friend of mine who was in the 152 class from Oct 2015. This might have changed now cause it's two and half years ago now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sharonom21

Can someone tell me what the "agencies" are which must come back to HRM 're vetting..emailed 2 weeks ago and that was the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

sharonom21 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the "agencies" are which must come back to HRM 're vetting..emailed 2 weeks ago and that was the reply
    The usual ones...FBI, CIA, MI5, SHIELD, UNCLE

The usual ones...FBI, CIA, MI5, SHIELD, UNCLE

Lol...we'd probably have already started if we were going for the FBI, CIA, MI5!

sharonom21 wrote: »

I'm aware or two agencies but they might be combined as one. I'm aware of the National Vetting Bureau there based in Thurles. The other is Crime and Security they may operate from the NVB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Morgan09

By any chance does anyone know somebody that was on the suitability list and how long they were waiting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Servo91

Morgan09 wrote: »
    By any chance does anyone know somebody that was on the suitability list and how long they were waiting for?

Have a read back through some of the pages on this, few awaiting sign off and suitability for some time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Morgan09 wrote: »

I'm not a bit confident about being on that list. I think it's a list of people they havnt got around to sending letters to yet but I hope I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

I'm not a bit confident about being on that list. I think it's a list of people they havnt got around to sending letters to yet but I hope I'm wrong!

A good few people were on that list and received offers for April. I'm on it too so I don't want to think negatively as it'll be two years in September since I first applied. To think they'd make us wait that long just to turn around and refuse us is appalling and very unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Folks I know this might sound patronising but chin up. Some of you are really letting the misery take hold and it does you no good. I do know what the situation is like all too well. A break from on here can help and trying to put it in the background. Its a very long wait for some but don't let pesimism take over or you'll torture yourselves. The time will come and never assume the worst. Keep the heads up and stay happy and sane.

Mutter Nutter

Sine Timore Aut Favore

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

Anyone here from 2016 may campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

montanas wrote: »
    Anyone here from 2016 may campaign?

I'm not sure. I'm from September 2016 though.

I'm not sure. I'm from September 2016 though.

Sorry typo error, looking fro someone from may 2017 campaign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

Sorry typo error, looking fro someone from may 2017 campaign

Yes I’m May 2017 recruit 😊

Kh90 wrote: »
    Yes I’m May 2017 recruit 😊

What stage you're in?

What stage you're in?

I have everything done so just a waiting game now what about yourself?

I have everything done so just a waiting game now what about yourself?

I'm still waiting for background check to clear..
    Have done medical, physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

Im june 2017 too everything done.

I haven’t rang Hrm in a while to see if I’ve been signed off so not sure on that when did you last ring?

Sue93 wrote: »
    Im june 2017 too everything done.

Have you been signed off or have you rang them?

• Advertisement

I haven’t rang Hrm in a while to see if I’ve been signed off so not sure on that when did you last ring?

About couple weeks ago, they are not very chatty people, it felt that i was some 100th person ringing asking same thing. Has anyone tried to shoot them email?

Advertisement