Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

Kh90 wrote: »
    Have you been signed off or have you rang them?

I haven't rang!! I might ring up and see, do you juat ask of youve being signed off??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

Sue93 wrote: »
    I haven't rang!! I might ring up and see, do you juat ask of youve being signed off??

Ya that’s all let me know what they say if you do. What’s your oom and when did you do fitness and medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

Kh90 wrote: »
    Ya that’s all let me know what they say if you do. What’s your oom and when did you do fitness and medical?

I will give a ring some day this week!!! I did my interview in Sept medical in feb and my physical two weeks ago. My oom is low 50s!! When did you do them?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

I will give a ring some day this week!!! I did my interview in Sept medical in feb and my physical two weeks ago. My oom is low 50s!! When did you do them?

Have you received any confirmation saying that your vetting was cleared?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

My interview was September too, medical in November and physical start of February my oom is 70, don’t know what way people are called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pickoneforme34

Hey everyone,

Did anyone have to do the Irish assessment exam? Any hints or advice? Did my leaving cert 17 yrs ago so am not feeling very confident even though I'm doing grinds and classes.

Got an email today regarding my vetting looking for information about someone I've had no contact in years, he is in America somewhere (my mams ex husband, messy seperation), they want all his information from his family aunt, uncles, grandparents etc, information that is impossible for me to get so to say I feel like it's another obstacle after been put in my way in this already long process is an understatement. Oh they have also given me 5 days to get the information and in the 5days I'm also due in templemore for information day and to sit an Irish exam.. so no pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Hey everyone,

Did anyone have to do the Irish assessment exam? Any hints or advice? Did my leaving cert 17 yrs ago so am not feeling very confident even though I'm doing grinds and classes.

Got an email today regarding my vetting looking for information about someone I've had no contact in years, he is in America somewhere (my mams ex husband, messy seperation), they want all his information from his family aunt, uncles, grandparents etc, information that is impossible for me to get so to say I feel like it's another obstacle after been put in my way in this already long process is an understatement. Oh they have also given me 5 days to get the information and in the 5days I'm also due in templemore for information day and to sit an Irish exam.. so no pressure!

Night mare! Did you put her ex husbands name on your Form B? Or did they just ask for the information. Maybe if you explain you may need more time they will understand.
    There seems to be very little info out there on the Irish exam, I'd say you are doing more than enough with grinds and classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pickoneforme34

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Night mare! Did you put her ex husbands name on your Form B? Or did they just ask for the information. Maybe if you explain you may need more time they will understand.
    There seems to be very little info out there on the Irish exam, I'd say you are doing more than enough with grinds and classes.

There is no way I can find anything about him, have no idea where in America he even is, for all I know he's dead so how I'm suppose to trace his anchesters is beyond impossible. I've never met any of his family. He walked out 5years ago and none of us have heard or seen him since. I sent them an email explaining and to be honest I'd be gutted if I was put out of the running because I couldn't find out my stepfather, grandfather's name who is dead about 100yrs.

I'm dreading it, have always found Irish hard, it's embarrassing because my 8yr old is fluent, even he has been trying to help me. I have to do an easy and I wish I had an idea of the subject topic because I've only had over a month to prepare for it and only a genius could learn Irish that quick to be able to do the oral and wrote an easy. I think I'm pretty sure this is the end of the road for me and because of my age I won't get the chance again 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

When do people think offers will be out for July. Week two or three of June maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Anyone from September 2016 been in contact with hrm lately in regards to vetting? I'm still on the suitability list it seems....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

D Trent wrote: »
    We're not even sure there's an intake in July- it's equally likely that there will be one in mid August,

And considering they're having a lot of Reserve applicants do their medicals now im thinking Reserves will be trained up late June- early August, then there will be a full time intake.

I think there will be an July intake as there is an intake every 3 months and that last year intake was late April next one will be July hopefully. Also reserves do training on the weekend I think not sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

A buddy of mine deferred the April class and was told the next class is going in on the 30th of July. I think that will be the official day and not the induction as he done induction for April and is going in in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Rparker17 wrote: »
    A buddy of mine deferred the April class and was told the next class is going in on the 30th of July. I think that will be the official day and not the induction as he done induction for April and is going in in July.

Do you mind me asking how easy was it for your pal to defer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how easy was it for your pal to defer?

He’s currently overseas with the defence forces so that was his reason. I’d imagine they’re very accommodating seeing previous posts and stuff. All for good reason I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Hi All. I done my medical today. ALl went well bar I had a High Blood Pressure and got dererred to my GP for further tests and then once that goes OK, he sends back a report giving me the all clear. Was told it may be white coat syndrone as told by the doc as maybe the nerves kicked in as I've never had this issue before.
    Any idea if this will hold this up by much time?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lauranolan

Random question, are they strict in the college when I comes to taking holidays I’m hopefully starting in July and already had a holiday booked for August!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Lauranolan wrote: »
    Random question, are they strict in the college when I comes to taking holidays I’m hopefully starting in July and already had a holiday booked for August!!

You're more than likely gonna be starting in August rather than July.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 navaradave

I’d genuinely say that once you start you won’t be given leave until they give it to you. Christmas id say. I’m in the same boat as you. Have physical in 2 weeks and hoping to be in the July/August intake. My OOM is in the teens. I had to cancel 2 trips just in case.

Lauranolan wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Whoishenry

Anyone not sure of where they stand it is worth emailing hrm to check the status of your application. I emailed prior to the april intake and was told I had vetting still outstanding so I wasnt expecting an offer.
    Waited approx 6 weeks and emailed again this week and was told my application is now complete. June 17 campaign. Top 10 oom.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Whoishenry wrote: »
    Anyone not sure of where they stand it is worth emailing hrm to check the status of your application. I emailed prior to the april intake and was told I had vetting still outstanding so I wasnt expecting an offer.
    Waited approx 6 weeks and emailed again this week and was told my application is now complete. June 17 campaign. Top 10 oom.

That's unreal! You will be expecting a place in July intake so. I take it you have pct and station interviews done?

• Advertisement

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    That's unreal! You will be expecting a place in July intake so. I take it you have pct and station interviews done?

Yes pct done back in february and both station interviews done seargent before christmas and super in march. Fingers crossed for July

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ldaw96

May sound stupid but what did you say? What stage is my vetting at?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ldaw96

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Ldaw96 wrote: »

Quote your name, DOB, address, your campaign year and OOM. You can just say something along the lines of can you please give me an update on the status of my file?

Please and thanks etc.

Quote your name, DOB, address, your campaign year and OOM. You can just say something along the lines of can you please give me an update on the status of my file?

Please and thanks etc.

Yes on the money exactly ðŸ‘

emailed hrm about 4 weeks ago, asking for an update, got reply that i am still in vetting stage, i'm from june17 campaign, oom early 40s so i was worried coz most of the guys here got their medical, pct and station interviews done while in vetting. so in nearly 7mths i haven't heard until today, got a date for medical. it seems they there is no order in what are things done

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

What's the email address for hrm

What's the email address for hrm

appointments@garda.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Anyone from September 2016 contacted hrm recently? I emailed yesterday and my file is STILL pending a decision on suitability which is very worrying. I hadn't contacted them in awhile so was hoping for some good news but looks like it's still the same as it was in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Anyone from September 2016 contacted hrm recently? I emailed yesterday and my file is STILL pending a decision on suitability which is very worrying. I hadn't contacted them in awhile so was hoping for some good news but looks like it's still the same as it was in January.

I'd say they're just going to do a large batch together. But it'd be nice to know. It'd be nice to know when the intake is too so can plan a holiday or not...ah well! There's no rush on them now either. They've another month/month n a half at least.

Advertisement