Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kcharters91!

Anyone have any ideas when offers will be out do you think it will be end of may or end of June? If anyone knows when in July it is to start? I'm from Jan 2016 have everything passed since last Jan 2017 but waiting to be signed off I really want to plan things even a summer holiday but don't know when to expect the offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

Anyone have any ideas when offers will be out do you think it will be end of may or end of June? If anyone knows when in July it is to start? I'm from Jan 2016 have everything passed since last Jan 2017 but waiting to be signed off I really want to plan things even a summer holiday but don't know when to expect the offers.

I was told by my mate who's recently finished 32weeks in tempelmore, that next intake will be august,not july,and following one november

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

According to HRM offers will be out middle to late June, induction weeks are 16th and 23 of July.
    Classes begin on the 30th of July hope this helps somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

There is two people I know of in Templemore currently and I have also been told the same that the next intake will begin on the 30th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Anyone from September 2016 contacted hrm recently? I emailed yesterday and my file is STILL pending a decision on suitability which is very worrying. I hadn't contacted them in awhile so was hoping for some good news but looks like it's still the same as it was in January.

I was apparently on the suitability list in April. Called a few days ago and they said they're still waiting on one vetting to come back. I'd say they haven't lifted a finger on my file for a while now. Probably same for you pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

I was apparently on the suitability list in April. Called a few days ago and they said they're still waiting on one vetting to come back. I'd say they haven't lifted a finger on my file for a while now. Probably same for you pal.

Yeah I got that reply when I rang them two weeks ago so I emailed them recently and I got a different reply. I emailed them to inquire about what's going on exactly, I was very polite and that but they have yet to respond to that. The fact my application is still being looked over after nearly two years is unacceptable in my eyes either give me a yes or no so I can move on. We probably have to resit the medicals and also I heard this panel is thrown out after two years so I hope to God that's a lie. I'm gonna keep at them about my Vetting till I get a definitive answer.

I also understand that the sheer amount of applications they must process is crazy and fair play to the job they are doing but I'm just afraid that the older applications have literally been forgotten about in some file and they're just dealing with the quickest from the newer campaigns so I think I may email them a bit more frequently in hopes they pull it out from wherever it is and give me some information.

I also understand that the sheer amount of applications they must process is crazy and fair play to the job they are doing but I'm just afraid that the older applications have literally been forgotten about in some file and they're just dealing with the quickest from the newer campaigns so I think I may email them a bit more frequently in hopes they pull it out from wherever it is and give me some information.

I think you're on the money there. Time to really start wrecking their heads

I think you're on the money there. Time to really start wrecking their heads

Yeah ah it's just the thought of the older applications being forgotten that gets me. I can see why they might be but they probably should have given us a no rather than forget about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

Yeah I got that reply when I rang them two weeks ago so I emailed them recently and I got a different reply. I emailed them to inquire about what's going on exactly, I was very polite and that but they have yet to respond to that. The fact my application is still being looked over after nearly two years is unacceptable in my eyes either give me a yes or no so I can move on. We probably have to resit the medicals and also I heard this panel is thrown out after two years so I hope to God that's a lie. I'm gonna keep at them about my Vetting till I get a definitive answer.

Sorry but what does that that the panel is thrown out after 2 years.
    What's the panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Whoishenry

Sorry but what does that that the panel is thrown out after 2 years.
    What's the panel?
    It means if you are waiting over 2 years from the open date of a particular campaign you can be culled so to speak. Thus leaving anyone from that campaign who hasnt got the call being removed from the competition. I am not sure if anyone knows for sure if this actually happens or not though. I know of someone who applied in jan 16 who hadnt heard anything by the time sep 16 came around so she applied again. As it turned out she did not need sep 16 application the ball started rolling not long after that and she started in templemore april 17. So if you are or were in that boat I would be applying to every campaign if it is what you really want a sa proffesion. It might stand to you when it comes to interview stage... desire/motivation to be a guard etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Naughy94

I’m from September 2016 and kept getting the reply of waiting to be signed off but then received a phone call from my local superintendent to meet him again as my file got returned due to vetting and had to ask me about two names and then gave me the all clear for July

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I’m from the September 2016 campaign. I’ve everything completed with 6 months plus ...
    I’ve emailed them numerous times asking where I stand. I keep getting a generic scripted email with loose information saying they’re checking my suitability. This is going on months, I cannot get my head around it and it’s holding me back in my current job as i am not applying for advancements etc within my job (also public service)
    Does this mean my vetting is complete and my total file is just sitting idle on a desk waiting to be flicked through and given the all clear or should I be worried they’ve got a reason not to sign me off? ..
    I’m at my wits end at this stage, I’m not getting any younger. Anyone having any similar experiences? .... any advice to when the next intakes are etc?
    Cheers.

Naughy94 wrote: »
    I’m from September 2016 and kept getting the reply of waiting to be signed off but then received a phone call from my local superintendent to meet him again as my file got returned due to vetting and had to ask me about two names and then gave me the all clear for July

Happy days I was hoping for something the same but I'm still awaiting a suitability check or something.

I’m from the September 2016 campaign. I’ve everything completed with 6 months plus ...
    I’ve emailed them numerous times asking where I stand. I keep getting a generic scripted email with loose information saying they’re checking my suitability. This is going on months, I cannot get my head around it and it’s holding me back in my current job as i am not applying for advancements etc within my job (also public service)
    Does this mean my vetting is complete and my total file is just sitting idle on a desk waiting to be flicked through and given the all clear or should I be worried they’ve got a reason not to sign me off? ..
    I’m at my wits end at this stage, I’m not getting any younger. Anyone having any similar experiences? .... any advice to when the next intakes are etc?
    Cheers.

I'm in the exact same boat as you and so are a few other people. I'm from September 2016 and passed the last stage there last August. Vetting was still outstanding just after Christmas then it changed to my vetting is back but they're checking my suitability. Same as you, when you ask about it you receive cryptic emails and riddles about your application. I was at boiling point awhile ago so I emailed them a lengthy email in hopes to find out something because my whole life is on hold for nearly 2 years and all I got back was bear with us while we reach a final decision on your application. It's been at that stage for nearly 5 months now so I've just decided to just roll with the punches because I can't get even a snippet of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

So contacted them. I'm genuinely more interested in so form of answer now at this stage rather than the job itself.

Still waiting to be signed off. I guessed as much, and honestly don't care about an offer for July or August or whenever it is.

I honestly think this is gonna be another ticking time bomb that AGS don't need. Headlines like, '100s of potential Garda recruits held up over management inability to sign off applications'.

All it takes is one spark and it will be off.

I'd half think sometimes, they know me and who I am by this account, and are holding me up over it, which if true is a poor reflection on how to judge someone. This is a phantom account for some ranting and raving mostly. Shouldn't be considered anything more.

What was your oom if you don't mind me asking or around your oom even?

TallGlass wrote: »
    So contacted them. I'm genuinely more interested in so form of answer now at this stage rather than the job itself.

Still waiting to be signed off. I guessed as much, and honestly don't care about an offer for July or August or whenever it is.

I honestly think this is gonna be another ticking time bomb that AGS don't need. Headlines like, '100s of potential Garda recruits held up over management inability to sign off applications'.

All it takes is one spark and it will be off.

I'd half think sometimes, they know me and who I am by this account, and are holding me up over it, which if true is a poor reflection on how to judge someone. This is a phantom account for some ranting and raving mostly. Shouldn't be considered anything more.

I know it's shocking like. They can't hold it against us for venting on here about how long and discouraging people from 2016 are feeling.

I see no reasons why it can take two years for a vetting then put on a suitability list for 4 or 5 months. Simple yes or no would do at this stage so we can move on with our lives.

What was your oom if you don't mind me asking or around your oom even?

750-800s

750-800s

Haha yeah me too.

• Advertisement

Haha yeah me too.

If I don’t get it by July or August I’ll be giving up on it , two years of a wait is a joke

If I don’t get it by July or August I’ll be giving up on it , two years of a wait is a joke

Ah I lost hope just after April. I think I'm just gonna be one of those unlucky few that just gets left on the panel, having passed everything yet not receiving an offer or rejection. I turned down a fantastic job as well because I couldn't make the commitment. More the fool me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sash1

Sept 26 also, agree with previous comments, at this stage all I want is an answers and put some closer on this whole experience! Have giving up all hope and faith in hr , not looking forward to another intake and still no further on!

I wonder would sending a kindly worded email to your local station asking what the hold up is would help? Or is it hq that look after vetting?

I wonder would sending a kindly worded email to your local station asking what the hold up is would help? Or is it hq that look after vetting?

I was thinking of doing that but I reckon it's down to hq to be honest. I could be completely wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CheekJones

I called HRM a while ago to ask about my vetting and they gave me a number to a station that did the vetting in my area but it was NOT my local station. So you're better off asking them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

sash1 wrote: »
    Sept 26 also, agree with previous comments, at this stage all I want is an answers and put some closer on this whole experience! Have giving up all hope and faith in hr , not looking forward to another intake and still no further on!

I'm September 16 had everything complete last June waiting on vetting got a guard i new to look into it for me he said when contacted his cousin in vetting they told him my file passed through there check nearly a year ago now. I rang vetting in thurles they gave me a number in hrm to call when I called about a month ago now they said my file had only gone to the commissioners office for sign off. And there is about 100 files waiting there. I asked what was the hold up and I was told the file was misplaced. All this and April's intake was short trainees.

That's ridiculous. Misplacing files when there's loads of us waiting nearly two years. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

I got good news a couple of days ago. My file has been signed off so an offer for me will be on the cards for the next intake all going well.

It's been confirmed also that induction weeks are 16th and 23rd of July with official start on the 30th of July.

I hope ye will all get good news soon especially people who have been waiting the longest.

Offers will be out mid to end of June I was told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Ldaw96

I got good news a couple of days ago. My file has been signed off so an offer for me will be on the cards for the next intake all going well.

It's been confirmed also that induction weeks are 16th and 23rd of July with official start on the 30th of July.

I hope ye will all get good news soon especially people who have been waiting the longest.

Offers will be out mid to end of June I was told.

Did they email you to let you know or how did you find out?

Advertisement