Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Ldaw96 wrote: »
    Did they email you to let you know or how did you find out?

Ya how did you find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

You ring the HR department to find out: 01 6662571 :)

Or alternatively you can email them at: appointments@garda.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

You ring the HR department to find out: 01 6662571 :)

Happy days man well done. I'm scared to ring. I rang mid April and I was still pending suitability. I think my chances are zero at this stage.

Happy days man well done. I'm scared to ring. I rang mid April and I was still pending suitability. I think my chances are zero at this stage.

Thanks. I also received an email pending suitability a few months ago so don't be to worried. File can be signed off in a day.

To my excitement when I rang and heard that my file had been signed off I was in shock cause you're longing to hear that line for the wait we have had.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I also received an email pending suitability a few months ago so don't be to worried. File can be signed off in a day.

To my excitement when I rang and heard that my file had been signed off I was in shock cause you're longing to hear that line for the wait we have had.

Haha ah I can only imagine it must've felt great. I may ring tomorrow but I know in my gut it's still not signed off and to hear that dreaded line again will be the end of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 navaradave

Are you the 2016 or 2017 campaign?

I did my physical last Saturday and I’m OOM 10-20 of the 2017 campaign.

Hoping to get called myself for July but only know that my vetting is back and all they were waiting for was my PCT

I got good news a couple of days ago. My file has been signed off so an offer for me will be on the cards for the next intake all going well.

It's been confirmed also that induction weeks are 16th and 23rd of July with official start on the 30th of July.

I hope ye will all get good news soon especially people who have been waiting the longest.

Offers will be out mid to end of June I was told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I got good news a couple of days ago. My file has been signed off so an offer for me will be on the cards for the next intake all going well.

It's been confirmed also that induction weeks are 16th and 23rd of July with official start on the 30th of July.

I hope ye will all get good news soon especially people who have been waiting the longest.

Congrats.

Did you have to re-do Medical or PCT due to them expiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Great stuff mate. Nice to see a lad for the suitability list getting in. You are from sept 2016? I'm a after getting a little hope from this!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sash1

Super, what a relief for u, great to c there is still hope!

• Advertisement

navaradave wrote: »
    Are you the 2016 or 2017 campaign?

I did my physical last Saturday and I’m OOM 10-20 of the 2017 campaign.

Hoping to get called myself for July but only know that my vetting is back and all they were waiting for was my PCT

I am from Sept 2016 OOM low 600s. You'd be surprised if your vetting is cleared and signed off in time you never know.

D Trent wrote: »
    Congrats.

Did you have to re-do Medical or PCT due to them expiring?

Not that I have been told yet anyway mind you my Medical was done early June last year.

Great stuff mate. Nice to see a lad for the suitability list getting in. You are from sept 2016? I'm a after getting a little hope from this!

Yes September 2016 OOM low 600's. I am after checking out also the people on here who was on the suitability list all received an offer for the last intake and previous intake.

It is probably normal practice to be on that list after all :) it would worry you a bit but we're probably looking into it to much.

Yes September 2016 OOM low 600's. I am after checking out also the people on here who was on the suitability list all received an offer for the last intake and previous intake.

It is probably normal practice to be on that list after all :) it would worry you a bit but we're probably looking into it to much.

So everyone from 2016 file has been cleared?? I'm afraid to ring up about mine haha

So everyone from 2016 file has been cleared?? I'm afraid to ring up about mine haha

Can't say that for sure but people that I have seen on here who has been on the suitability list from various other intakes got an offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PabloEstevez

I’m sept 2016, oom of mid 500s, everything completed on my part from last July. Vetting still outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Just out of curiosity, how many on here has everything completely with their vetting back and are waiting for the call? I know there’s people doing PCT’s over the next few weeks but their vetting is back so the PCT is just to complete the file. It’d interesting to know how far along they are with people for the next intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

On the vetting, is it mainly having lived abroad either yourself or having family members abroad that holds this up?

Alberto17 wrote: »
    On the vetting, is it mainly having lived abroad either yourself or having family members abroad that holds this up?

Yes that can be a factor and also markers that flag up on pulse if a family member/s had interactions with the Gardaí. Then you'll be asked to pop into your local station where you would speak to the Super or Sergeant for to disclose what dealings you have with the people that popped up in your vetting.

kerryman85 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, how many on here has everything completely with their vetting back and are waiting for the call?
    All complete, file signed off waiting for the call :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Fair play lad, you’re another one from the Stone Age recruitment campaign. As of last week I still wasn’t signed off, I’m losing all hope at this stage.
    I’ve no chance to make the July one.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

From June 2017 emailed them this morning my file is now in line to be signed off by management

Fair play lad, you’re another one from the Stone Age recruitment campaign. As of last week I still wasn’t signed off, I’m losing all hope at this stage.

You never know man you could be signed off in time. Stone Age recruitment campaign that's funny it definitely feels such a long long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lauranolan

kerryman85 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, how many on here has everything completely with their vetting back and are waiting for the call? I know there’s people doing PCT’s over the next few weeks but their vetting is back so the PCT is just to complete the file. It’d interesting to know how far along they are with people for the next intake.

Everything complete and signed off on too just waiting for a date to start now!!

I'm the same. Had a shred of hope after hearing stim got the all clear so I rang up and was told they're waiting for my file to come back from senior management. July is a no go for me anyway.

I'm the same. Had a shred of hope after hearing stim got the all clear so I rang up and was told they're waiting for my file to come back from senior management. July is a no go for me anyway.

You'd be surprised offers won't be out until week two or three of June so still plenty of time to be signed off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Whoishenry

So Im thinking first round offers will be out middle of next week. going by Aprils offers when they came out and the predicted start dates for July being the exact same as Aprils the 16th and 23rd. Another few weeks of constantly checking emails on the horizon roll on :P

Whoishenry wrote: »
    So Im thinking first round offers will be out middle of next week. going by Aprils offers when they came out and the predicted start dates for July being the exact same as Aprils the 16th and 23rd. Another few weeks of constantly checking emails on the horizon roll on :P
    Are we taking bets :P lol. I'm predicting Friday week the 15th, 19th would have to be the latest and going by April's offers first round offers came out a day after four weeks notice but I'll stick with the 15th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

Is 23rd june too late doing pct.. for July intake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 navaradave

Did you get an email or something saying your all signed off and ready to go? Or how do you find out

Lauranolan wrote: »
    Everything complete and signed off on too just waiting for a date to start now!!

Advertisement