Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

navaradave wrote: »
    Did you get an email or something saying your all signed off and ready to go? Or how do you find out

Ring HRM on 01 6662571 or email appointments@garda.ie and they will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lauranolan

Did you get an email or something saying your all signed off and ready to go? Or how do you find out

I emailed and rang and I found when emailing they gave me more information so I’d suggest that! They also told me offers will be given out mid June so fingers crossed for us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

I'm from Sept 16, OOM is low 100's. Vetting has still yet to be completed(as of yesterday). Had been pretty hopeful for the July intake but seems really unlikely now. Is there many still left from Sept 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Chris871 wrote: »
    I'm from Sept 16, OOM is low 100's. Vetting has still yet to be completed(as of yesterday). Had been pretty hopeful for the July intake but seems really unlikely now. Is there many still left from Sept 16?

There's a good few still left, I'm from September 2016.

There's a good few still left, I'm from September 2016.
    Are you signed off and ready to go or what stage are you at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Well lad, I’m Sept 2016 myself and vetting still outstanding as of of today ! It’s not looking like I’ll make July intake myself

Are you signed off and ready to go or what stage are you at?
    My vetting is done but I'm still waiting for the final check which is the suitability check. Been like that since December /January

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

My vetting is done but I'm still waiting for the final check which is the suitability check. Been like that since December /January

Is that final sign off ?

I wont hold my breath for July so. It's a frustrating process

I wont hold my breath for July so. It's a frustrating process

As far as I know yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

Whoishenry wrote: »
    So Im thinking first round offers will be out middle of next week. going by Aprils offers when they came out and the predicted start dates for July being the exact same as Aprils the 16th and 23rd. Another few weeks of constantly checking emails on the horizon roll on :P

Be great if you were right to find out one way or the other! Everything cleared from 2016 Campaign! Hoping to get November not this intake in July if possible!

Does anybody know for deferral do I have to contact HRM and tell them I am available for the next intake or do they just automatically put me on the list for the next intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

By any chance has anyone been in contact with HRM today or last week asked if they had any idea when the offers would be out? I remember for the last intake they had said to some people who rang that the offers were due in the coming days.
    The waiting is a killer!

kerryman85 wrote: »
    By any chance has anyone been in contact with HRM today or last week asked if they had any idea when the offers would be out? I remember for the last intake they had said to some people who rang that the offers were due in the coming days.
    The waiting is a killer!
    Not been in contact but hearing offers will be out this week

• Registered Users Posts: 31 redpuma

If I have everything completed and vetting is signed off, Would it be likely to get an offer for July intake even with an OOM in the 500’s?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

redpuma wrote: »
    If I have everything completed and vetting is signed off, Would it be likely to get an offer for July intake even with an OOM in the 500’s?

Honestly very hard to know. It all depends how many are signed off in the queue in front of you and how many actually accept. There’s a couple of rounds of offers so don’t lose hope if you don’t get one straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 navaradave

Is there anyone in the high teens like myself in the 2017 campaign?

I rang HRM today. Lovely lad on the phone couldn’t have given me more help to be fair. Asked him for an update on my file. Still getting signed off. It’s been there coming on 3 weeks now.
    Being led to believe that offers are going out late this week or next week according to someone’s post on this thread last week I think. I know I’m not the only one waiting for their file to be signed off. I just hope it’s back in time to get an offer for the July intake.

Does anyone actually know how many are left to go in from the 2016 campaign. Must be a killer for them waiting so long.
    But as the wise man once said. Good things come to those who wait.

I rang HRM today. Lovely lad on the phone couldn’t have given me more help to be fair. Asked him for an update on my file. Still getting signed off. It’s been there coming on 3 weeks now.
    Being led to believe that offers are going out late this week or next week according to someone’s post on this thread last week I think. I know I’m not the only one waiting for their file to be signed off. I just hope it’s back in time to get an offer for the July intake.

Does anyone actually know how many are left to go in from the 2016 campaign. Must be a killer for them waiting so long.

You never know you may receive an offer. Yeah it is a killer waiting but it will be worth the wait. I'm from Sept 2016 campaign and I don't know how many are left. There is still a few on here from Jan 2016 campaign awaiting an offer I'm led to believe.

I'm from September 2016 and I thought there was about 20 or so on here anyway but as offers start to creep up more from 2016 pop up so who knows.

I'm from September 2016 and I thought there was about 20 or so on here anyway but as offers start to creep up more from 2016 pop up so who knows.

Yeah and that's not considering people who are not on boards so who really knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Kcharters91!

Hi lads so I'm from Jan 2016 done and passed my fitness test end of Jan 2017 and was waiting all this time being told everytime I rang was still waiting on vetting. Got an email last week to attend the medical as it had expired I went and passed on Thursday now got an email today to attend the fitness on the 23rd even though iv already done and passed all this. Has anyone heard of this happening to anyone as you can imagine I'm not every happy about having to do it again and in just a short notice. Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Hi lads so I'm from Jan 2016 done and passed my fitness test end of Jan 2017 and was waiting all this time being told everytime I rang was still waiting on vetting. Got an email last week to attend the medical as it had expired I went and passed on Thursday now got an email today to attend the fitness on the 23rd even though iv already done and passed all this. Has anyone heard of this happening to anyone as you can imagine I'm not every happy about having to do it again and in just a short notice. Any help appreciated

All I can say on that is that is ****ing horrendous! They are punishing you for their incompetence! It takes time to build yourself up to the fitness test. Especially if your job isn't active. I'm pissed off for you man

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kcharters91!

All I can say on that is that is ****ing horrendous! They are punishing you for their incompetence! It takes time to build yourself up to the fitness test. Especially if your job isn't active. I'm pissed off for you man

I know I'm very worried now and don't know if
    I should do the test or postphone as honestly I don't think I'm ready for it I work an office job and before I trained so much for it and haven't been for a long time now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I should do the test or postphone as honestly I don't think I'm ready for it I work an office job and before I trained so much for it and haven't been for a long time now

Whatever about medical there was never any indication that PCT had an expiry date.
    Anybody doing a PCT in Templemore should, and kind of has a right, to signing a piece of paper that advises them this test has an expiry of 12months. They didn't bother doing that and it's not good enough.

You need to ring Garda college AND HQ and see can someone give you a definite answer, play them off of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Would it be worth sending an email with the date you passed your PCT and asking if it was necessary to re-do it once you'd already passed?

As in give them the benefit of the doubt that they'd just fired off PCT dates to a batch of recent medical passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Would it be worth sending an email with the date you passed your PCT and asking if it was necessary to re-do it once you'd already passed?

As in give them the benefit of the doubt that they'd just fired off PCT dates to a batch of recent medical passes?

Ah for god sake. I'm from September 2016 and I knew we'd have to re do the medical but no the fitness. That's a joke, very unprofessional as usual.

Are you still waiting on vetting now? I rang yesterday, despite being told I'm just being checked for suitability and a few emails saying the same, the guy yesterday told me they're still waiting on vetting to come back so once again I've no idea what's going on.

Ah for god sake. I'm from September 2016 and I knew we'd have to re do the medical but no the fitness. That's a joke, very unprofessional as usual.

Im from September 16 as well everything cleared waiting to be called. So we have to re do the medical and fitness before we go in that is very annoying. More delays!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Im September 16 as well, rang up again couple of weeks back I was told its still in the commissioners office, don't want to ring again just to hear the same answer. Also when I rang about two months ago I was told that there was still people from 2013 stíll waiting it might be no harm if they can tell us how many times they had to repeat there medicals and fitness tests

Advertisement