Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

Do people think the offers will be out this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Hi lads so I'm from Jan 2016 done and passed my fitness test end of Jan 2017 and was waiting all this time being told everytime I rang was still waiting on vetting. Got an email last week to attend the medical as it had expired I went and passed on Thursday now got an email today to attend the fitness on the 23rd even though iv already done and passed all this. Has anyone heard of this happening to anyone as you can imagine I'm not every happy about having to do it again and in just a short notice. Any help appreciated

That's appalling! Such incompetence. As in a previous post I would ring HRM and ask them is it really necessary to redo fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

I would say possibly this Friday, next Monday will be exactly four weeks notice for induction on the 16th of July.

Yes hopefully :)

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    I would say possibly this Friday, next Monday will be exactly four weeks notice for induction on the 16th of July.

I'm hoping this Friday also.

• Advertisement

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    Thanks for that fingers crossed and ill keep a look out on emails and here to see if any offers are out before before the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shane3321

Just got an offer over the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Shane3321 wrote: »
    Just got an offer over the moon

Huge congrats man. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dyler

Got my offer finally Jan 2016 ðŸ»

Dyler wrote: »
    Got my offer finally Jan 2016 ðŸ»

Well done!! Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

kerryman85 wrote: »
    Well done!! Congrats.

Congrats on the offer!! Do you mind me asking you where snouts in the order of merit you were?

Congrats on the offer!! Do you mind me asking you where snouts in the order of merit you were?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ldaw96

OOM was 17 from January 2016???

Ldaw96 wrote: »
    OOM was 17 from January 2016???

Christ that's madness, was it your vetting so that held you up? Did you have to resit a medical and pct?

Christ that's madness, was it your vetting so that held you up? Did you have to resit a medical and pct?

Nope flew through everything just a slow process! Don't get your hopes up

I have another year to wait so, looking forward to it haha.
    What I meant though when I asked if you had to resit your medical and physical, do you not have to re-do them both if it goes past a year from when you sat your first medical no? Or is it that from when you pass them the first time, that's them done and dusted even if it's a 2 year wait afterwards?

I was the same bud flew everywhere was handy process. I’m oom 7 did I meet you at the physical

I was the same bud flew everywhere was handy process. I’m oom 7 did I meet you at the physical

Ya I was the one without the belly button

Ya I was the one without the belly button

O ye dyler I remember you now. You were like a ninja on the obstacle course 👌ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 32 navaradave

Has anyone from the 2017 campaign got an offer yet ?

• Advertisement

O ye dyler I remember you now. You were like a ninja on the obstacle course 👌ðŸ¼

Ya that was me! 11 pints the night before is the key

I’m calling complete bull **** on the lads post and offers being sent out.

Shane is saying he is OOM number 7 but in previous posts he is OOM 600. Pure spoof. No offers have been given out and until one is actually in my email I won’t be believing it.

See pics attached

I meant 607 oom not 7 don’t know why it came out as 7 typo my bad

I meant 607 oom not 7 don’t know why it came out as 7 typo my bad

Lash up the auld email you got anyway just to see what they said. Surely gives a date for induction are you week 1 or week 2

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Ah Shane I hope you're legit man the wait is an absolute killer especially from 2016 and the last thing we need is some trolls haha.

Very strange that only 2 people on here would have got offers today. Normally there’s loads of people saying they got offers the day they send them out.
    Either way, we continue to wait and refresh the mailbox!

navaradave wrote: »
    I’m calling complete bull **** on the lads post and offers being sent out.

Shane is saying he is OOM number 7 but in previous posts he is OOM 600. Pure spoof. No offers have been given out and until one is actually in my email I won’t be believing it.

See pics attached

Agree with that too the offers are not out yet and as someone else stated when offers go out a lot more people will be posting on this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Agree with that too the offers are not out yet and as someone else stated when offers go out a lot more people will be posting on this!!!

This seems to happen every once in a while, I am actually not sure what people get from it...but I too would agree

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kcharters91!

Anyone know the next intake after July roughly when it's meant to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Kcharters91!

I have another year to wait so, looking forward to it haha.
    What I meant though when I asked if you had to resit your medical and physical, do you not have to re-do them both if it goes past a year from when you sat your first medical no? Or is it that from when you pass them the first time, that's them done and dusted even if it's a 2 year wait afterwards?

I'm from Jan 2016. You need to redo medical and pct again after a year regardless if you passed and were waiting on vetting. Very unfair but they don't seem to be budging about this so this person I think must be just having fun at our expense

Advertisement