If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Short Throw Projector

Options
  • 22-03-2018 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just started looking into buying an ultra throw projector and thought considering previous purchases from yourselves that I'm still very happy with this would be the logical place to start.

I've already wired up the intended room with all connections for speakers etc leading back to base of the freshly plastered rear wall so have had a ultra short throw projector in mind for a while. Want to keep it unobtrusive so closer to the wall the better, i.e. 30cm or less.

Main usage would probably be movies, but would like the option of gaming from time to time. Day to day will be catered for with a tv at the opposite end of the room.

Budget would be max 2K Euro, preferably lower but quality of picture, lag times and longevity of lamp/brightness etc are all factors. Basically I don't want to sacrifice quality for price.

Sound output is not really important as I'll be running it via my RXv667 I bought off you a few years back with a bunch of vector speakers.

Do you have anything in stock that you'd recommend? Might be another couple of months before I'm in a position to buy so recommendations on new stock yet to come in that you think would be suitable welcome too.

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

DamoKen wrote: »
    Hi guys, just started looking into buying an ultra throw projector and thought considering previous purchases from yourselves that I'm still very happy with this would be the logical place to start.

I've already wired up the intended room with all connections for speakers etc leading back to base of the freshly plastered rear wall so have had a ultra short throw projector in mind for a while. Want to keep it unobtrusive so closer to the wall the better, i.e. 30cm or less.

Main usage would probably be movies, but would like the option of gaming from time to time. Day to day will be catered for with a tv at the opposite end of the room.

Budget would be max 2K Euro, preferably lower but quality of picture, lag times and longevity of lamp/brightness etc are all factors. Basically I don't want to sacrifice quality for price.

Sound output is not really important as I'll be running it via my RXv667 I bought off you a few years back with a bunch of vector speakers.

Do you have anything in stock that you'd recommend? Might be another couple of months before I'm in a position to buy so recommendations on new stock yet to come in that you think would be suitable welcome too.

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

Thanks for the post.

That is a very short distance. We have very few that can operate at this short of a distance unfortunately.

The Sony LSPX-P1 which is priced at £999.00 
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/projectors/sony-sxrd-hd-projector.html

There is also the Epson EH-LS1000 retailing at £2599.99
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/projectors/epson-eh-ls-100.html

Philips used to produce the Screeneo 2.0 which was priced at around £1999 but it think it has been discontinued as it has been removed from our website.

I'm not sure if there are any more Ultra short throw due to be released when the new lines hit in the coming months but I can keep my eye out for you.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

Thanks for the post.

That is a very short distance. We have very few that can operate at this short of a distance unfortunately.

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/projectors/sony-sxrd-hd-projector.html

Philips used to produce the Screeneo 2.0 which was priced at around £1999 but it think it has been discontinued as it has been removed from our website.

I'm not sure if there are any more Ultra short throw due to be released when the new lines hit in the coming months but I can keep my eye out for you.

Hi Kenny, thanks for the reply and links. Not sure about the Sony, might be a bit too much of a compromise between price and quality. The reviews on the Epson make for interesting reading though. Only thing there is it quite a bit above budget but to be fair the bang for buck would reflect that.

The other projector I was taking a look at on your site was the http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202968-opto-gt-5000-plus.aspx. How would that compare to the Epson? 

Cheers

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny, thanks for the reply and links. Not sure about the Sony, might be a bit too much of a compromise between price and quality. The reviews on the Epson make for interesting reading though. Only thing there is it quite a bit above budget but to be fair the bang for buck would reflect that.

The other projector I was taking a look at on your site was the http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202968-opto-gt-5000-plus.aspx. How would that compare to the Epson? 

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

I totally forgot about the GT5000+. It would be another very good projector but unfortunately you could not compare it to the Epson at twice the price. The Epson would be in a different league.

In saying that the GT5000+ is still one heck of a projector!

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

Thanks for the post.

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

I totally forgot about the GT5000+. It would be another very good projector but unfortunately you could not compare it to the Epson at twice the price. The Epson would be in a different league.

Thanks Kenny, reviews I read on the GT5000+ were decent enough although couldn't find comprehensive tech reviews, mainly user reviews. Big difference in price alright so would expect the Epson to justify it.

Think the only way to really know if the Optoma is a goer would be to see it in action, preferably against a wall. Are you set up to demo projectors?

Cheers

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

Thanks for the post.

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

Thanks Kenny, reviews I read on the GT5000+ were decent enough although couldn't find comprehensive tech reviews, mainly user reviews. Big difference in price alright so would expect the Epson to justify it.

Think the only way to really know if the Optoma is a goer would be to see it in action, preferably against a wall. Are you set up to demo projectors?

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

We are set up to demo projectors but don't always have everyone in stock due to the range and the price of some of them.
    We do have 6 or 7 for demo ranging from £330 up to £2499 (Optoma HD60) but unfortunately I would not have any of the Ultra short throw ones in stock currently here at the store.

I will check if it maybe possible to get any of them for demo purposes. 

• Advertisement

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

Thanks for the post.

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

We are set up to demo projectors but don't always have everyone in stock due to the range and the price of some of them.
    We do have 6 or 7 for demo ranging from £330 up to £2499 (Optoma HD60) but unfortunately I would not have any of the Ultra short throw ones in stock currently here at the store.

I will check if it maybe possible to get any of them for demo purposes. 
    Hi Kenny, that would be great if you could. Again no rush, still renovating so room won't be ready before the end of May. If you manage to get a few models to demo before then that would be great. Just pm whenever you've an idea of availability and I'll call up.

Thanks again

No problem DamoKen.

I'll see what I can come up with over the coming weeks.

No problem DamoKen.

Thanks Kenny, just one further thing. After a bit more research I've seen that the 5000gt has been discontinued and replaced by the 5500gt. Are you going to be replacing this model and if so is there a price difference?

Thanks

No problem DamoKen.

Thanks Kenny, just one further thing. After a bit more research I've seen that the 5000gt has been discontinued and replaced by the 5500gt. Are you going to be replacing this model and if so is there a price difference?

Thanks
    Hi DamoKen,

The GT5500 is a special order for us so we would need to get it directly from the supplier and it wouldn't be able to be demo'd.

The GT5500 is £1299 at the moment.

Let me know what you think.

No problem DamoKen.

Thanks
    Hi DamoKen,

The GT5500 is a special order for us so we would need to get it directly from the supplier and it wouldn't be able to be demo'd.

Hi Kenny, from looking at the specs the only difference I could see is a slightly brighter lamp, would there be a noticeable improvement between that and the 5000+?

If not for a demo I'd think the gt5000+ should be fine. 

Sure let me know when you reckon you'll have it and any others in and I'll pop up for a look.

Thanks again

Damien

• Advertisement

No problem DamoKen.

Thanks
    Hi DamoKen,

Hi Kenny, from looking at the specs the only difference I could see is a slightly brighter lamp, would there be a noticeable improvement between that and the 5000+?

If not for a demo I'd think the gt5000+ should be fine. 

Sure let me know when you reckon you'll have it and any others in and I'll pop up for a look.

Thanks again

Damien
    Hi Damien.

To be honest as I have never seen the GT5500 or the GT5000+ up and running I could not say for sure about any noticeable difference.

I'll keep you posted if there is any movement on any of the Ultra short throw projectors coming in for demo.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.