Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 98 - It continues...

Options
  • 22-03-2018 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I posted this over on my previous thread, not realising it was essentially a checked-off, done-deal for that thread. Hence no reply from eir reps.
    Sooo...
    I took a break.

DAY 91... (16 March 2018)

Well... it continues... I thought we were all done. But, NOOOO.

I thought things had finally been satisfactorily resolved on 19 Feb. I got my phone line returned to normal standard line and even got my old number back. Got it and my fiber BB re-bundled and was told, with a €36 discount, it would be €50 per month for 12 months. Allegedly got credited where I was due credit. Got it allll straightened out with a very patient and helpful Sandra on Feb 19th - the 68th day of the saga.

Finally! I could breathe without all this mess breathing down my neck!

But noooo. On the 16th day after all was settled (that's 2 days after the 14-day cooling off period, had I wished to cancel), I received an email from getmore@eir.ie detailing my new contract. . . . NOT €50 per month, but €83  per mo! No discounts noted, no nothing.

I am not in good health, and this was another sucker punch.  My friend also delivered to me Conor Pope's latest spread in the Irish Times (Monday) on Eir's ongoing problems. Very familiar stories.  (I'm so glad 6 people are getting their problems taken care of.)  The quote that, "Even thinking about it is upsetting," resonated strongly with me.  I put off engaging 1901 or even coming here... it makes my innards churn, my blood pressure rise, and my body literally aches!
    [*]
    BUT THEN: very late last night as I was turning my mobile back on after having it off all day Wed, at 1:30AM missed messages and missed calls appear:
    • From "OpenEir" - calls and text messages: Appointment reminder. WHAT?! What appointment????
    • From KN - "...we have a job to install your broadband line tomorrow..." WHAT?!!

[*]
    I messaged the fella at KN back explaining that I have all my equipment, lines, etc installed, and I am 100% fully functioning and PLEASE don't do anything to mess it up again! A mix-up via failure to communicate is how my whole disaster started, causing me to lose all service on 14th December.

WHERE did this install appt come from??  Please note, that in the midst of the earlier part of the saga, eir paid KNN to call out and install what did NOT need installing, when they were trying to recover my services after the initial screw-up on Dec 14th. So they were ready to pay them yet AGAIN to "install" something today. 

So, instead of the count of days of Torture By Eir ending at 68, it is now extended to 91 days and counting. I do at least have my services (for which I am very grateful), but I am now verrry nervous that, in the process of trying to straighten out THIS additional mess, someone may inadvertently cease my account AGAIN  (Note: there has never been any aspect of actual past due payments in this saga. In fact, I have been IN CREDIT.)

Eir's entire accounting system is in tatters. Whoever designed the new system with all its bells and whistles overlooked BASIC FUNCTIONS of communication between the old system and the new system and within the new system too, apparently.

I don't want to leave eir, because we enjoy the free sports package. However, seems I'll be paying, in essence, €30/mo for it if this €83/mo amount is actually my billing rate, regardless of what I was told when I (thought I) got it sorted! I will not accept an €83/mo rate.

WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:
    I want the rate described to me by Sandra on Monday, 19th Feb in a call to 1901 started at 15:11. I want to SEE the €30 credit that was applied to my account by Marie on Friday, 16th Feb in a call that took place via 1901 at 17:07-17:20 for the partial lack of service I experienced from 5 Jan - 19 Feb. This needs to happen very quickly, and I need a LETTER written by a human, not a computer-generated email, confirming any credits, my €60/mo rate, etc. 

Eir needs a well-populated new section of customer care dedicated to those of us who have continuing frustrating problems, complaints, etc. (or is this what the "loyalty team" is supposed to be??) instead of just repeatedly sending us through the initial level encountered on 1901, here, etc, who have very limited powers and resources to help us.  It is NOT the fault of the front line, in my opinion. It's a SYSTEMIC problem, and it needs very serious attention.

Cheers.
    - - - - -
    22 March 2018 - Day 98

I've received my paper bill. I do see the E30 credit noted by Marie. However, I am no clearer overall. It appears I am being charged twice for the phone part of the "bundle."

I was told by Marie that I'd be credited on my current account for the amount in credit on the interim disaster account (a technical failure). That credit does not appear. It's best to send me a cheque rather than risking ceasing yet another technically functioning account even though I've an accounting query/challenge. (This is where we started on 14th Dec. I hope you can appreciate my apprehension.)

Thanks for any clarification, correction, etc.
    Ban

Advertisement