Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper Festival 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Isnt it opening back up as factory nightclub?

Indeed it is

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On this weekend hopefully it's a success

Enjoy for all of ye going

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ImAHappyCamper

Sounds pretty good from my house so far! Fleetwood Mac tribute band on now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Sounds pretty good from my house so far! Fleetwood Mac tribute band on now

I dread to sound like a fuddy duddy... But I'm out on the Dunmore Road near Oscars, and that sound is LOUD.
    And not in a good way. Keeping this house awake.

I'm not against festivals or craic or anything, but I've never heard decibel levels like that from something in town.

In contradiction to that, I hope the festival is a success!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

kuang1 wrote:
    I'm not against festivals or craic or anything, but I've never heard decibel levels like that from something in town.

I'm sure they're keeping the levels within legal limits, it could be the positioning of the pa and wind direction causing your issues. That would drive me mad though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Was very good last night, sister sledge had place dancing, all the hits, and Heather small amazing voice too, got the place going. Well organised as usual, no bar ticket system this year, didn't matter, little to no waiting at bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ImAHappyCamper

Was there a good crowd at it?

Yeah, decent, hard to make call on numbers. A bit more mature so there was zero problems as far as I saw. Just a very good night out even if I'm not normally going around listening to likes of sister sledge or Heather small.I'd go as far as saying, my best daytripper and been to one night every year it's been on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Great night last night. Wouldn't have gone out of my way to see Sister Sledge ordinarily, but I really enjoyed seeing them - they were top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

fricatus wrote: »
    Great night last night. Wouldn't have gone out of my way to see Sister Sledge ordinarily, but I really enjoyed seeing them - they were top class.

Good crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

kuang1 wrote: »
    I dread to sound like a fuddy duddy... But I'm out on the Dunmore Road near Oscars, and that sound is LOUD.
    And not in a good way. Keeping this house awake.

In contradiction to that, I hope the festival is a success!

Probably wind direction

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Deiseen wrote: »
    Good crowd?

I’m useless at estimating! Not huge, but not embarrassing either.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

fricatus wrote:

1800 Friday night . 4900 last night and expecting 7000 tonight

fricatus wrote:

1800 Friday night . 4900 last night and expecting 7000 tonight

Decent enough numbers, you seem to know a bit, are the organisers happy with the numbers?

Deiseen wrote:
    Decent enough numbers, you seem to know a bit, are the organisers happy with the numbers?

Well I'm friends with someone involved. They got roughly what they expected both nights so far. If they get near to 6to7K tonight it will have been very successful for them

Deiseen wrote:

Well I'm friends with someone involved. They got roughly what they expected both nights so far. If they get near to 6to7K tonight it will have been very successful for them

Great to hear, hopefully they get 7000 or more tonight.

What's the capacity do you know?

Deiseen wrote:
    What's the capacity do you know?

As far as I remember it's 7500 . Will be a lot younger crowd tonight .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

As far as I remember it's 7500 . Will be a lot younger crowd tonight .

I passed through town earlier and younger crowd would be an understatement,7000 going to see Rudimental :eek:

Hope it went well and it's returns next year with hopefully a few indie/rock acts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

didnt go this year as line up was poor enough. getting cover bands to cover the undercard was pretty cheap. hopefully next year they might get the finger out and get someone decent

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Was it just the Rudimental DJ set or was it the other group members that were playing, the posters showed the 4 members, but the videos I've seen from last night just showed a DJ and an MC, none of them looked like the lads in the poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gardner wrote: »
    didnt go this year as line up was poor enough. getting cover bands to cover the undercard was pretty cheap. hopefully next year they might get the finger out and get someone decent

Advertising the saturday night headliners as Basement Jaxx and then later changing to Basement Jaxx (DJ set) was pretty low imo. Massive difference to a Basement Jaxx live show and DJ set.

Gardner wrote: »

Didn't go....There's a surprise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Very sneaky of the organisers having dj sets instead of live shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

bigpink wrote: »
    Very sneaky of the organisers having dj sets instead of live shows

They advertised it as a dj set though

with djs it could of been anyone on the stage using the mix board

Id like to see maybe more funds going in for this and we could get someone like Richard Ashcroft, Liam Gallagher, Tears for fears and the likes

debok wrote: »
    They advertised it as a dj set though

But posted a photo of the full band line-up on the flyer, bit misleading tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

jimbojazz wrote: »
    But posted a photo of the full band line-up on the flyer, bit misleading tbh.

But said rudimental dj.

debok wrote: »
    But said rudimental dj.

And also.............. you know what I mean tho

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Looked a small crowd Friday night but I heard it was a good night there. I was at Saturday night, really enjoyable evening, king Kong company were excellent as expected. I kind if felt at it that there would be more people there but glad to hear it was about 5k, hard to judge how big a crowd is sometimes.

I'm not surprised to hear that Sunday night was the busiest night, young crowd but certainly a large attendance. Hopefully the organisers viewed it as successful and it continues next year.