Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen do Dingle

Options
  • 22-03-2018 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all

I am planning a hen do to Dingle in April. Can anyone suggest a good pub or casual dining experience. Also any suggestions on activities/walks etc. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

cpgirl wrote: »
    Hi all

I am planning a hen do to Dingle in April. Can anyone suggest a good pub or casual dining experience. Also any suggestions on activities/walks etc. Thanks

Plenty of good pubs in Dingle, no shortage either!
    Dick Macs is one, An Droichead Beag. Many of the pubs do food, especially along the harbour. I'm sure you'll get a lot more suggestions and recommendations though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Like Ciarrai said there are lots of pubs in Dingle -- the food ones tend to be along the harbour with a few in Main St. Depends on the type of music you like etc. Benners or the Skellig Hotel do bar food as well.
    Activity wise - there are lots of casual walks -- along the harbour, up towards the Conor Pass etc. Not sure if you'd fancy a trip on a boat to see Fungie? Depends on the weather and how you might be feeling after a late night :) There are longer trips too out to the Blaskets but at this time of the year the sea is rougher etc.
    The Aquarium is good too -- no matter what the weather -- it's just at the end of the harbour.
    If you've cars then a drive around Slea Head or up to the top of the Conor Pass is hard to beat -- lots of places to stop too - Páidí O Sé's pub in Ventry, Dunquin Pottery, the Blasket interpretative centre in Dunquin, Mulcahys Pottery in Clogher, Gallarus Oratory, Kilmalkedar etc...
    Theres a rock climbing wall at Dingle at Height/Explorers world in Ballinaboola just to the west of the town (same warning as the Fungie trip though!)
    Dingle distillery is at Milltown just at the edge of the town too.
    I've probably left out lots -- depending on which weekend it is too you might come across an event or two - e.g. this weekend there's a film festival happening.
    Check https://www.dingle-peninsula.ie/visitor-enquiries.html for a few more ideas too.
    I'd suggest you phone any of these first just to make sure they're open and available.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Also check out the Dick Macs brewhouse, they do a brewery tour every day.

Definitely do the Slea head drive! It’s stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Hire a bus for a booze tour of Slea Head

Advertisement