Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping the local GAA club

Options
  • 22-03-2018 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hello All,

I am new to this particular forum so easy as it goes!

I have a large venue - (The Shamrock Lounge in Tipperary -see FB) and the local GAA club is looking to run a fundraiser.

My problem is getting an Event / Gig at reasonable money that they can sell 300-400 tickets for( c €2000 ) . It probably needs to be a recognised name or else an entirely new concept in order to sell that many tickets?

Any suggestion you might have would be most welcome.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

You're providing the venue. It's up to the GAA club committee to organise the event.

Your contribution could be not charging for venue hire and putting on a few spot prizes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Thanks but i am already doing that.

I was looking for suggestions as to who/what they might stage to help them sell the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Would a comedian fill the place or would they be hard to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Would a comedian fill the place or would they be hard to get?

I see Rorys Stories doing stuff like this actually. He's based in Meath but seems to travel a fair bit, maybe worth a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just get some of the tipp hurlers or the two Johnny's.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Strictly or Lip Sync. You will jam the place out.

Advertisement