Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2009 BMW 3 Series M Sport coupe 2ltr petrol

Options
  • 23-03-2018 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have open some previous threads and got some great advice and I am hoping this is my last one as Im going mad looking at all these cars!!!!

I had decided on 2014 1.8 Insignia but came across this which caught my eye!

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2009-BMW-3-Series-M-SPORT-COUPE

It had a near full service history and will be put through MOT before its sold. Its a lovely looking car and very nice to drive.

I think it may hold its value more than the Insignia in the long run....

Does anyone know of any problems or issues with these BMW models?

Any help would be very helpful!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭KFed

I can't help you as regards the petrol engine but I own a 2008 320d coupe, m sport. I have had it 6 years and think it's a wonderful car.

It's great to drive, I think it still looks great for its year/age. I have had the timing chain issue, I know it affects the diesel (2k repair), but I don't think that affects the petrol.

I've also had abs sensor replacements, and a cam belt pulley kit replaced. That was c. 1k total and a new battery was, 300e.

Other than that, tyres are expensive (I run goodyear eagle f1- as mentions new tyres, I'd check the brand, I would recommend a good brand for the car).

I personally do very low mileage on mine now, but have kept the car as a weekend car. For the value second hand, I think its a lot of car for the money and won't sell it as its a hugely satisfying car to drive so plan to keep it a few years more yet.

I'd imagine the car will hold value better than an insignia alright.

Not sure what tax / economy on the petrol is, but would recommend the coupe as a good car to own...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They go through coil packs like there is no tomorrow and injectors can give a fair amount of issues also. Timing chains have been known to stretch on that engine also but not as common as on the diesel version.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

the 2008 petrol bmws had huge issues with coils etc.
    I think they were all sorted out by 2009 but worth checking.

Advertisement