Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CIP4 wrote: »
    I have to get two mirror covers just don't like the black plus whoever painted them didn't do the best job with them.

Just get the chrome ones. Limerick style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

It's a white SUV, totally blends into the crowd. You'll be fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What is it a quasqai.... ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Does it come with the new Crowd Control mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone know why the 2018 and 2019 models are down on power compared to the 2014-2017 model of the 2.3 ecoboost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Stricter emissions\WLTP I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Got a few vids earlier. Attempted robbery originally apparently.

Got a few vids earlier. Attempted robbery originally apparently.

Failed to stop according to the Indo. Same thing probably....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Saw that myself on the North road

Thought to myself by the looks of the Audi driving it wasn't exactly flooring it and the two lads inside it were chatting away

Thought it strange !

Maybe the cops are hoping they’ll run out of diesel

Saw that myself on the North road

Thought to myself by the looks of the Audi driving it wasn't exactly flooring it and the two lads inside it were chatting away

Thought it strange !

Didn't look that fast I thought as well tbh. Pretty common thing the last few weeks. I seen one last week go by where I live with a dozen i40s behind plus the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I see North Strand/Ossery road in one of the vids.
    Having lived there, this is not surprising in the least.

More here:*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMagP52BWG8

* May or may not be actual footage.

Fun fact. That Dodge Monaco really was doing 120 mph through Chicago. Can the i40 do 120 ? :pac:

• Advertisement

Another fun fact, around the chase through the shopping mall. They never told the mall owners that they were going to wreck it. The shopping mall was never repaired and never opened again after the movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

bazz26 wrote: »
    More here:*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMagP52BWG8

* May or may not be actual footage.

I hate watching those old movies where they wreck all the old cars but I suppose there was a tonne of them available at the time.

I hate watching those old movies where they wreck all the old cars but I suppose there was a tonne of them available at the time.

I think the first Blues Brothers held the record for the most cars wrecked until the 2nd one came out 18 years later. Dunno if it's being broken ever since.

Great to see the kinahans r golf in use....

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Maybe the cops are hoping they’ll run out of diesel

Did it coooooo or boooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Wailin

Newb question lads. I just got delivered new adjustable avo shocks for my jimny and took them out to have a look. They came out of box fully compressed and i can extend them and compress them by hand, but they don't spring back out? What am I missing here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Thats normal with shocks. Shocks only damp the bumps and its the job of the spring to control rebound and ride height.

Harcrid wrote: »
    Thats normal with shocks. Shocks only damp the bumps and its the job of the spring to control rebound and ride height.

Thanks, god help me installing them :D

Installing them is easy. Getting springs onto them, is a bit trickier.
    Do you have spring clamps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

OSI wrote: »
    It’s here....... can’t tell if it’s more or less conspicuous than the triple yellow.

A5400-A9-D-75-D6-4006-B9-C2-9-DB00-F139-A73.jpg

Who bought this?! Love it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

It’s here....... can’t tell if it’s more or less conspicuous than the triple yellow.

A5400-A9-D-75-D6-4006-B9-C2-9-DB00-F139-A73.jpg

That looks excellent. Well wear.
    Did the previous one hold its value well and how did it wear?
    I’ve heard that they sometimes get tired looking quickly especially on the inside.

The old man.

Nah. Lost over 30k :o

It wasn't holding up too well in the end really, no. Fuel pump failed, compressor failed, heater matrix cracked, leather was split in a few places and plastics were coming loose. Worst bit was, they only came with a 2 year warranty then and all that happened in it's 3rd year.

Wow that's shocking build quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

The old man.

Nah. Lost over 30k :o

It wasn't holding up too well in the end really, no. Fuel pump failed, compressor failed, heater matrix cracked, leather was split in a few places and plastics were coming loose. Worst bit was, they only came with a 2 year warranty then and all that happened in it's 3rd year.

And he still bought another one:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

In fairness, if you can afford to lose it and it makes you happy to roll around in then why not?

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Installing them is easy. Getting springs onto them, is a bit trickier.
    Do you have spring clamps?

No, and the new springs are 25mm longer to give it a small lift. I reckon the most difficult part will be removing the old nuts which are probably seized solid on a 17 yr old car. I'll give it plenty of wd40 for a few days beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Wailin wrote: »
    No, and the new springs are 25mm longer to give it a small lift. I reckon the most difficult part will be removing the old nuts which are probably seized solid on a 17 yr old car. I'll give it plenty of wd40 for a few days beforehand.

I'd recommend you get spring clamps, they're like 15 quid & save a hell of a lot of hassle.

Wailin wrote: »
    You say that now, wait til you try compress the springs without losing an eye/finger :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

What else is out there that's half as interesting without spending at minimum 10-15k more?

2 or 3 year old M3/M4? However that'd be just my choice, I'm glad he's put two Mustangs onto Irish roads.

Was a bit disappointed to see such cars in 2016 with halogen DRLs..... Let's the car down and also the 3 rear lights each side on the rear not doing the repeat indicators sequence is a let down imo....

I still like them though and would love a drive in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Happy out

Didn't need to put my car into NCT

Just sent in the MOT from UK for exchange !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Happy out

Didn't need to put my car into NCT

Just sent in the MOT from UK for exchange !

That's unpossible!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

What else is out there that's half as interesting without spending at minimum 10-15k more?

Ment more so about the quality being poor than the depreciation but fair play to him!

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    That's unpossible!!

EU law baby

Now have more time before I change the tyres and wipers ! Hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

EU law baby

Now have more time before I change the tyres and wipers ! Hehe

How did you go about doing that?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

The Mondeo has been retired. New car on the way. 2 weeks delivery is the killer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

The Mondeo has been retired. New car on the way. 2 weeks delivery is the killer :(

What did you buy ? Did you buy from up the north after or was it you that was looking at cars up there ?

What did you buy ? Did you buy from up the north after or was it you that was looking at cars up there ?

An 2015 A4. No didn't bother, a lot of them weren't sitting right with us. One owner company car bought in the UK. Bought last Monday, just delays in getting it brought over. Should do the trick.

Lads is there any pros or cons in going for a tyre with a higher load index, eg. from 96 to 100? Apart from price? I'm guessing it will last longer but fuel consumption might be worse.

It will usually make the car ride harder.

• Advertisement

An 2015 A4. No didn't bother, a lot of them weren't sitting right with us. One owner company car bought in the UK. Bought last Monday, just delays in getting it brought over. Should do the trick.

Not too bad. Is it a 150bhp model I assume most of them are ? Assume it’s the last of the B8 model ?

Not too bad. Is it a 150bhp model I assume most of them are ? Assume it’s the last of the B8 model ?

It's actually a 163bhp. Took a while to find one as most are the 136bhp. Should have a nice bit of poke. It's an SE Ultra Tecknik. Last of the b8 so it has a nice few extras, leather seats etc. The new model was a nice few extra beans. It's for the mother and she has zero interest in cars so she couldn't justify the extra for an sline.

It's actually a 163bhp. Took a while to find one as most are the 136bhp. Should have a nice bit of poke. It's an SE Ultra Tecknik. Last of the b8 so it has a nice few extras, leather seats etc. The new model was a nice few extra beans. It's for the mother and she has zero interest in cars so she couldn't justify the extra for an sline.

Yes really nothing wrong with the SE for those not into cars there is often a bit of a price difference in it. My dad has a 177bhp 141 A4 SE and it has a lot of extras on it. Hasn't given him any trouble and it has high enough mileage at this point on it.

In other news have the Golf coming up on 4 weeks. TBH I am actually not sure what to make of it. Its not what I expected yet I am not sure what I was expecting it to be like either :confused: I think between the choice of the golf and Leon I made the right choice. Being honest it is plenty powerful enough for what I want I haven't been in a situation yet where I thought god it could do with another few BHP like a Cupra has.

It gets a serious amount of attention and I think that's probably more to do with where I live its not a common car you would see like if I lived in Cork or Dublin where there are loads of them I don't think it would be like that at all. Genuinely its not something that ever really crossed my mind when I was buying it so I hadn't been expecting it.

How is the insurance situation with it ? Guessing it was a few quid more than the A4 ?

How is the insurance situation with it ? Guessing it was a few quid more than the A4 ?

About €220 extra to change with over 10 months left on the policy so for a year your taking ~€900 fairly good considering I am 25.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement