Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

180 day Data plan

Options
  • 23-03-2018 11:29am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was originally on the Meteor €30 180day data sim only plan, and am still using it, having topped up a fw weeks ago. It has been spotted recently that there is no sign of this plan anywhere on the Eir website now. Has it been replaced by the 30 day €29.99 "offering". 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

whiterebel wrote: »
    I was originally on the Meteor €30 180day data sim only plan, and am still using it, having topped up a fw weeks ago. It has been spotted recently that there is no sign of this plan anywhere on the Eir website now. Has it been replaced by the 30 day €29.99 "offering". 
    Hi whiterebel,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It's prepay mobile broadband 180 day pass the OP is asking about so won't have an account number.
    Anyway here is the page referred to, no 180 day pass listed now but was there last week.
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/broadband/prepay/

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It's prepay mobile broadband 180 day pass the OP is asking about so won't have an account number.
    Anyway here is the page referred to, no 180 day pass listed now but was there last week.
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/broadband/prepay/
    Hi Ten Pin ,

The prepay 180-day pass has been discontinued and replaced with the 50gb  30-day pass.

Usage statistics have shown that customers purchasing the 180-day pass are using their 50GB allowance early. Reducing the days to 30 creates value for money for the customer and allows high data users to avail of greater amounts in the time period they need.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Eir will lose customers with this change.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Eir will lose customers with this change.
    I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant department.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

This is a real pity, to be honest. It was a good deal for me the way I used it. Presumably we can still use it until the 180 days expires?? I still have about 3 months left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

A really bad move from eir getting rid of tis plan you will 100% lose customers from doing this, people like me used this due to the length of time we had to use the data, the majority of people would not use 50GB in a month,

When my plan runs out i won't be buying any more from eir

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So, without any notice, Eir drops to a substantially worse offer? Outdone yourselves again, Eir. That'll be me gone as well.
    I had 2 iPads on this plan, neither went anywhere near 50GB. I'll be going elsewhere when they expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Adding my voice to this. Loved this plan as it was perfect in a mifi for my kids out and about in the car.

Typical of course for eir, God forbid that they might actually offer a product that is customer friendly and value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MerryHell

I have an active 180 day pass that expires in Sept 2018.

Are EIR going to honor this ? If I log on to "My Eir" it says I have no active plan but my pass still has 25 GB left as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Interesting ... I've been trying to find out when my 180day plan expires but cant get an answer out of them!
    Had hoped the plan was still there as I havent come within an asses roar of hitting the 50GB so far but it is so handy to have for when I'm on the go.

New plan is a joke compared. Here's a more restricted plan for the same price! Yeah great deal there lads!

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Interesting ... I've been trying to find out when my 180day plan expires but cant get an answer out of them!
    Had hoped the plan was still there as I havent come within an asses roar of hitting the 50GB so far but it is so handy to have for when I'm on the go.

New plan is a joke compared. Here's a more restricted plan for the same price! Yeah great deal there lads!
    i suppose they have to pay for there terrible indian call centre staff somehow, 

They are a joke of a company

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Terrible move by Eir - it was a good deal for people who wanted to have a longer time to use their data.  Now, it's the same price for 1/6 of the time!  How on earth is that a better deal?  I seriously doubt many people were getting through 50gbs in a short period of time thus necessitating a further top-up.  Time will tell ... anyone with any sense will be going elsewhere and paying less for a month's worth of data.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Terrible move by Eir - it was a good deal for people who wanted to have a longer time to use their data.  Now, it's the same price for 1/6 of the time!  How on earth is that a better deal?  I seriously doubt many people were getting through 50gbs in a short period of time thus necessitating a further top-up.  Time will tell ... anyone with any sense will be going elsewhere and paying less for a month's worth of data.
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time.

I will be sure to pass on all feedback from this thread to the relevant departments.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Absolutely. It was a great plan for light users. Plenty of people don't require 7GB a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 saabron

Again a highly disappointed customer . Stupidly I had already added credit to my account to purchase my next 180 day pass this morning before I saw the option was gone , no warning , no email .
    Question to Mods is there any way to get the credit refunded as I want to move from Eir .
    Thanks

Saabron

saabron wrote: »
    Again a highly disappointed customer . Stupidly I had already added credit to my account to purchase my next 180 day pass this morning before I saw the option was gone , no warning , no email .
    Question to Mods is there any way to get the credit refunded as I want to move from Eir .
    Thanks

Saabron
    Hi saabron ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to apply a 30-day pass for you.

In relation to refunding your credit, top up credit is non-refundable.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

"Usage statistics have shown that customers purchasing the 180-day pass are using their 50GB allowance early. Reducing the days to 30 creates value for money for the customer and allows high data users to avail of greater amounts in the time period they need."

I'm confused how exactly does "Reducing the days to 30 creates value for money".
    At best its neutral for the customer who used 50GB every 30 days.
    This rare breed could top in any event.

For every other customer its worse value. 

Can you explain how this new plan "creates value for money" for any customer.

paddy19 wrote:

More like that they realised this was a top up plan that was getting popular but meant a slower transfer of money to them so they decided to cut it off and hope that people will pay more frequently!

Better off getting a preloaded data SIM from UK and using that instead if you are not heavy on data use (which I assume would describe anyone spreading 50gb over 6months)

paddy19 wrote: »
    "Usage statistics have shown that customers purchasing the 180-day pass are using their 50GB allowance early. Reducing the days to 30 creates value for money for the customer and allows high data users to avail of greater amounts in the time period they need."

I'm confused how exactly does "Reducing the days to 30 creates value for money".
    At best its neutral for the customer who used 50GB every 30 days.
    This rare breed could top in any event.

For every other customer its worse value. 

Hi paddy19 ,

Unfortunately, I am not in a position to answer that question. This is a decision that was made by Eir.

I will be sure to pass on all your feedback.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Eh gringo!

Originally posted by paddy19

More like that they realised this was a top up plan that was getting popular but meant a slower transfer of money to them so they decided to cut it off and hope that people will pay more frequently!

Better off getting a preloaded data SIM from UK and using that instead if you are not heavy on data use (which I assume would describe anyone spreading 50gb over 6months)
    Hi saint_Mel
    Have you any suggestions on a preloaded SIM from the UK. ?
    Would this mean topping up the SIM and using Data roaming ?
     My parents are on this 180 day plan as they only use a max of 3GB a month.
    So 30euro for 50GB for one month will not benefit them at all.
    Thanks

Eh gringo! wrote: »

Hi saint_Mel
    Thanks
    Hi Eh gringo! ,

We have a 30-day pass that will get you 15gb for €19.99 per month, this could be an option more suited towards your parent's needs.

Thanks

Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Hi Ten Pin ,

The prepay 180-day pass has been discontinued and replaced with the 50gb  30-day pass.

Usage statistics have shown that customers purchasing the 180-day pass are using their 50GB allowance early. Reducing the days to 30 creates value for money for the customer and allows high data users to avail of greater amounts in the time period they need.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas
    I'm surprised no one has challenged that statement! Sounds like total bullsh!t to me.

Even if true why p!ss off customers that don't use their credit early?

Hi saint_Mel
    Thanks
    Hi Eh gringo! ,

We have a 30-day pass that will get you 15gb for €19.99 per month, this could be an option more suited towards your parent's needs.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas
    You must be kidding me ????????????????
    After cutting the 180 day pass I don't think so.
    I would rather put them on three AYCE data for 20 euro a month where here someone (their Grandchildren) can spend the credit in Playstore or HMV 

Hi Thomas
    I would rather put them on three AYCE data for 20 euro a month where here someone (their Grandchildren) can spend the credit in Playstore or HMV 

No one can say I promote three but thats the offer I'd go for. Just bear in mind that its now €20 for 28 days prepay on three, but if you can get one (three's My3 site is just a flaky mess) a €5 500MB add-on can stretch out the 28 days.

my3cents wrote: »
    Hi Thomas

No one can say I promote three but thats the offer I'd go for. Just bear in mind that its now €20 for 28 days prepay on three, but if you can get one (three's My3 site is just a flaky mess) a €5 500MB add-on can stretch out the 28 days.
    Thanks  my3cents
    I have three  set up myself on 4G with router and external antennas and it runs Good (most of the time).
    The kids use the credit in Playstore and the HMV store, also the missus buys books on play store.
    So it is free data when up and running.
    I will be advising my parents to run a mile from this so called better alternative ("Usage statistics have shown that customers purchasing the 180-day pass are using their 50GB allowance early. Reducing the days to 30 creates value for money for the customer and allows high data users to avail of greater amounts in the time period they need." ) What a joke and insult to their customers.

Thanks  my3cents
    I have three  set up myself on 4G with router and external antennas and it runs Good (most of the time).
    The kids use the credit in Playstore and the HMV store, also the missus buys books on play store.
    So it is free data when up and running.
    I will be advising my parents to run a mile from this so called better alternative ("Usage statistics have shown that customers purchasing the 180-day pass are using their 50GB allowance early. Reducing the days to 30 creates value for money for the customer and allows high data users to avail of greater amounts in the time period they need." ) What a joke and insult to their customers.
    The other major issue with three is that they DO NOT send out any reminders to let you know to top up so if you are not careful you can loose your credit at three's gouging out of bundle rates. Best spend most of the credit as soon as you put it on so its not there for three to gouge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 saabron

Hi saint_Mel
    Thanks
    Hi Eh gringo! ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas
    Unfortunately they have copped on to this , HMV game credit and buygamecredit.com are closed , I checked yesterday to see if I could offload some of my compiled credit , if anyone has any suggestions i'm all ears 

Hi saint_Mel
    Thanks
    Hi Eh gringo! ,

Thanks

Thomas
    haha 15gb for 20 quid no calls no text pure and out robbery, it's greedier this company is getting.

• Advertisement

Eh gringo! wrote:
    Hi saint_Mel Have you any suggestions on a preloaded SIM from the UK. ? Would this mean topping up the SIM and using Data roaming ? My parents are on this 180 day plan as they only use a max of 3GB a month. So 30euro for 50GB for one month will not benefit them at all. Thanks

Pm sent

Advertisement