Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

180 day Data plan

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 William Frederick Burton

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dear XXXXX,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your email.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]ComReg can become involved in the resolution of individual complaints only when a consumer has first lodged a complaint with the service provider in question.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]To lodge a complaint I would advise that you proceed as outlined below:[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]1. Contact your service provider’s customer care department by telephone on 1800 200481 or on-line complaint form [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]https://www.eir.ie/complaints/[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]2. State that you have been advised by ComReg to lodge a complaint[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]3. Request a complaint reference number[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]4. Give the full details of your complaint[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]If your service provider does not respond to your complaint within 10 working days or you feel your service provider has not adequately addressed the issues you have raised you can contact ComReg with the complaint reference number XXXX. We will review your complaint and refer the matter to your service provider if appropriate.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]We will keep track of the progress of your complaint and when your service provider confirms that the issue is resolved with you we will examine the resolution of your case and close as appropriate.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Should you have any other queries or require any other assistance you can call our Consumer Care Team on 01 8049668 or email [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]consumerline@comreg.ie[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]. For your information your ComReg case reference number is XXXXXX.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Kind Regards,[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]ComReg Consumer Care Team [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dear Reps,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]On April 6th last I made you aware of an issue with your online complaint form  [/font]https://www.eir.ie/complaints/[font=arial, sans-serif]- I had tried to submit a complaint but it wouldn't accept it without inputting a landline number (which I and many other mobile customer do not have).[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]On the same date I requested an email address so I could email my complaint.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I made a second request for the Complaints Team email address on April 10th.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I am now requesting this information for the third time. If you are unable or unwilling to provide an email address can you please show forum users the of courtesy of replying to that effect. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]WFB[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]-Case ID Details; en;--[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Case Reerence Number:
    [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]--Case ID Details--[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dear XXXXX,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your email.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]ComReg can become involved in the resolution of individual complaints only when a consumer has first lodged a complaint with the service provider in question.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]To lodge a complaint I would advise that you proceed as outlined below:[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]1. Contact your service provider’s customer care department by telephone on 1800 200481 or on-line complaint form [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]https://www.eir.ie/complaints/[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]2. State that you have been advised by ComReg to lodge a complaint[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]3. Request a complaint reference number[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]4. Give the full details of your complaint[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]If your service provider does not respond to your complaint within 10 working days or you feel your service provider has not adequately addressed the issues you have raised you can contact ComReg with the complaint reference number XXXX. We will review your complaint and refer the matter to your service provider if appropriate.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]We will keep track of the progress of your complaint and when your service provider confirms that the issue is resolved with you we will examine the resolution of your case and close as appropriate.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Should you have any other queries or require any other assistance you can call our Consumer Care Team on 01 8049668 or email [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]consumerline@comreg.ie[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]. For your information your ComReg case reference number is XXXXXX.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Kind Regards,[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]ComReg Consumer Care Team [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dear Reps,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]On April 6th last I made you aware of an issue with your online complaint form  [/font]https://www.eir.ie/complaints/[font=arial, sans-serif]- I had tried to submit a complaint but it wouldn't accept it without inputting a landline number (which I and many other mobile customer do not have).[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]On the same date I requested an email address so I could email my complaint.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I made a second request for the Complaints Team email address on April 10th.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I am now requesting this information for the third time. If you are unable or unwilling to provide an email address can you please show forum users the of courtesy of replying to that effect. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]WFB[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]-Case ID Details; en;--[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Case Reerence Number: 462108
    [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]--Case ID Details--[/font]
    You should be saying this to comreg, if Eir have a system that doesn't allow you to make a complaint then there is a problem with their complaints procedure which comreg can do something about.

my3cents wrote: »
    You should be saying this to comreg, if Eir have a system that doesn't allow you to make a complaint then there is a problem with their complaints procedure which comreg can do something about.

ComReg are fully aware of the issue with the online form. They informed me that Eir should be in a position to provide a email address as a customer is entitled to submit a complaint in electronic format. I’ve made three requests here on this thread to no avail (so far).

ComReg are fully aware of the issue with the online form. They informed me that Eir should be in a position to provide a email address as a customer is entitled to submit a complaint in electronic format. I’ve made three requests here on this thread to no avail (so far).
    Then start asking comreg what they are doing about it. Part of their role is to oversee the complaints procedure process.

Then start asking comreg what they are doing about it. Part of their role is to oversee the complaints procedure process.
    To be fair, I understand where ComReg are coming from, there is meant to be a process in place, whereby they only get involved when the customer has failed to have a complaint resolved after contacting the provider.

In this instance though Eir have made it impossible to log a complaint online as it won't accept the complaint without an Eir A/c number and landline number. Many of us are old Meteor customers who only have our 085 xxxxxxx number and we don't have a landline. 

• Advertisement

To be fair, I understand where ComReg are coming from, there is meant to be a process in place, whereby they only get involved when the customer has failed to have a complaint resolved after contacting the provider.

In this instance though Eir have made it impossible to log a complaint online as it won't accept the complaint without an Eir A/c number and landline number. Many of us are old Meteor customers who only have our 085 xxxxxxx number and we don't have a landline. 
    Not sure how much of this is still relevant http://eircomsucks.blogspot.ie/2008/07/eircoms-complaints-procedure-more.html its from 10 years back but gives you a few options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

I know your right to highlight the Eir landline runaround but I'd be inclined to give a dummy landline # and get the magic complaint number which ComReg demand.

This forum should be renamed - Talk amongst yourselves.

I couldn’t be bothered requesting assistance from the Reps here again. None of the reps have contributed to the thread since 6/04/18. Talk about giving customers the two fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,278 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

One other thing I've noticed with this 30day change is that the website doesn't seem to show when I applied the 30day pass or when it expires. I can find out how much of my allowance I used by text or the website, but no obvious way to check dates. Does the app show anything extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

expect more cuts from eir the 180 day pass was great now 50 g for a month plus same price. time to change again the number went to another provider looks like the broadband will to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I had topped up by €30 before I realised the plans had changed. I added the new 30 day booster to have it ready for when the data expired on my 180 day booster. Big mistake. DO NOT REPEAT MY MISTAKE!

The 30 day clock on this plan starts as soon as you ADD the plan to your account, not as soon as you start using it!

So, I ended up only getting about 2 weeks out of my 30 day booster before it literally disappeared without warning from my account. I think I only had about 10Gb of it used. There is no information at all on the Eir portal when the booster starts and expires.

VERY POOR SERVICE EIR - NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shipoopi

This is an absolute joke. What on earth are eir thinking about - clearly not their customers.

I've been using this plan and it's the reason why I purchased the mobile WiFi device in the first place. When my plan ran out today I topped up my account by 30 euro to purchase a renewal plan to find that without any prior customer notification the plan has been ceased. I've also read that prepay top ups aren't refundable. Is someone at eir having a laugh at their customers' expense? The is a great example of how to sh*t on your existing customers and drive them elsewhere. Guess what eir? It worked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Shipoopi wrote: »
    This is an absolute joke. What on earth are eir thinking about - clearly not their customers.

I've been using this plan and it's the reason why I purchased the mobile WiFi device in the first place. When my plan ran out today I topped up my account by 30 euro to purchase a renewal plan to find that without any prior customer notification the plan has been ceased. I've also read that prepay top ups aren't refundable. Is someone at eir having a laugh at their customers' expense? The is a great example of how to sh*t on your existing customers and drive them elsewhere. Guess what eir? It worked!!
    Absolutely. Those of us who had €30 or more credit, or any credit, have now lost this money which has been pocketed by Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

Shipoopi wrote: »

This is exactly what I just did today. My account has 35 euro in it and the 180 day option, the only reason I continued with Eir at all, is gone. There was no prior notification - I would think that a courtesy text would have been reasonable. Heck, even mandatory. I'm spitting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

I'll add that when I was in the Eir store to purchase top up, I explicitly mentioned that I was buying topup for the 180 day plan. I even said that I didn't see it on the wall anymore and perhaps they weren't advertising it any more.

I was still sold the top up. Nicely done Eir.

My parents have been with these gougers since the 1970s. I suppose I needed a kick to get them to move and, lo, a kick has been supplied.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

My case is even worse...their app topped up twice, when I noticed it I called them but they told me that they couldn't refund the money even when it was their mistake...and now I cannot use it for that offer...what a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If it's a duplicate transaction or unauthorized, ask your bank to reverse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Unfortunatelly it was 6 months ago...€30 to the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dokter

Lost another customer here eir!! I was using this 6month plan for a data connection to a robotic astronomical observatory. I only needed data a couple of times a month when the sky was clear so the other plans are not cost effective..... Now I have no choice but to find another provider. 
    Derek
    https://twitter.com/BallyhouraStars

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I made a complaint to comreg after multiple attempts to deal with the issue directly with Eir.

They falsely told comreg that they couldn't contact me and told comreg to close the complaint. 

I kept it open.

I would encourage as many people as possible to file comreg complaints.

• Advertisement

This 24 month data plan (24GB) might help some people looking for a similar plan. Note according to the questions the SIM can be activated in any country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Going by their 'Feel at home' and T&C's it looks like this will be limited to 12GB over 4 months, 3G-only access and throttled:
    Use of your data allowance in Feel At Home Around the World destinations is included subject to a fair use limit. If you have a data allowance of 12GB or more, you can use up to a fair use limit of 12GB of your data allowance at no extra cost.

In Feel At Home in Europe destinations, use of your data allowance over our fair use limit of 13GB (or 12GB for Pay As You Go customers) is not included and incurs a surcharge of up to 0.50p/MB.
    In order to help us to detect possible abuse of Go Roam in Europe, we may monitor your usage and presence. We’ll look at the balance of your roaming and domestic (UK) activity over 4 months, and if you spend the majority of your time abroad and consume more abroad than at home over the 4 months, we have the right to add a small surcharge to your continued roaming usage. This surcharge will be capped at a maximum of 3.25p/min, 1.01p/SMS and 0.50p/MB...

When I last had a Three UK 1GB prepay MBB SIM a few years ago, it could only roam on Three and the former O2 network here in Ireland.  Going by the user reviews on Amazon, it only roams on 3G while abroad and the speed is throttled, with some saying it's fine for browsing and WhatsApp chats, but forget trying to stream anything.  This reminds me of the SIM I had a few years ago where YouTube could just barely stream at 240p whereas a regular Three SIM forced in 3G mode had no issue streaming in HD in the same spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

ComReg took on my complaint after months of getting nowhere with Eir.

Eir contacted me today, they’re refunding my outstanding credit €32 and they gave me a 50GB pass foc.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Fair play. Not everybody affected would be prepared to go through the process with ComReg which results in Eir, and all Telecom Companies pocketing a considerable amount of money from unused credit. All unused credit should be refundable and not just go into the companies account.

Advertisement