Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

180 day Data plan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 saabron

OK Mods. Looks like the data sim option is a dead duck. Shame but hey that's that. As my data sim is really no use to me I assume it is a simple matter for you to convert it to a normal voice and data sim so I can use my top up balance for voice and data plus get access to the much more useful other add ons that are available with a voice sim. Please please don't tell me that is not possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

saabron wrote: »
    OK Mods. Looks like the data sim option is a dead duck. Shame but hey that's that. As my data sim is really no use to me I assume it is a simple matter for you to convert it to a normal voice and data sim so I can use my top up balance for voice and data plus get access to the much more useful other add ons that are available with a voice sim. Please please don't tell me that is not possible.
    Hi saabron ,

If you have a data only sim card, unfortunately, it cannot be converted at your request so you can use the remaining credit on voice calls.

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Terrible move by Eir - it was a good deal for people who wanted to have a longer time to use their data.  Now, it's the same price for 1/6 of the time!  How on earth is that a better deal?  I seriously doubt many people were getting through 50gbs in a short period of time thus necessitating a further top-up.  Time will tell ... anyone with any sense will be going elsewhere and paying less for a month's worth of data.
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time.

I will be sure to pass on all feedback from this thread to the relevant departments.

Thanks

Thomas
     I hate this sort of rubbish PR speak.

So when will be hearing back from the "relevant departments"?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 saabron

Hi saabron ,

If you have a data only sim card, unfortunately, it cannot be converted at your request so you can use the remaining credit on voice calls.

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Thomas
    That's fine Thomas. As it happens it's my 12 year old daughters sim. I am thankfully out of contract on my personal mobile contract with eir as I am on my 2 business premises from which I obtain my landline and broadband service. As a result of your downright refusal to accommodate me over a 30 euro sim and your company's belligerent attitude to its customers (highly evident in this thread) I will be contacting your cancellations department to port the whole shooting match to Vodafone after the Bank Holiday weekend. I know its only about 2800 euro in lost revenue per annum which in the grand scheme of eir's finances is a drop in the ocean but hey every ocean is eventually only made up of drops of water.
    Have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭irbx

Just want to vent my anger at this add on going. As was perfect for my holiday home. Will be moving provider when current bundle expires

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

paddy19 wrote: »
    RoYoBo wrote: »
    Terrible move by Eir - it was a good deal for people who wanted to have a longer time to use their data.  Now, it's the same price for 1/6 of the time!  How on earth is that a better deal?  I seriously doubt many people were getting through 50gbs in a short period of time thus necessitating a further top-up.  Time will tell ... anyone with any sense will be going elsewhere and paying less for a month's worth of data.
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time.

I will be sure to pass on all feedback from this thread to the relevant departments.

Thanks

Thomas
     I hate this sort of rubbish PR speak.

So when will be hearing back from the "relevant departments"?
    haha i think you will be waiting a long time to get a decent reply from this crowd, and when they do they just fob you off

• Registered Users Posts: 1 UmBongo!

I have three 180 day passes, one I use for travelling, one for my vehicle, and one which my mother uses for infrequent internet access; she doesn't need a monthly subscription. When attempting to top up her 180 pass I noticed that the duration has been reduced to 30 days. There was no notice whatsoever of this intended change. I fail to see how offering an inferior 30 day product for the same price as the 180 day product creates value for the user - the 50 GB data limit is the same. Further, when challenged on this logic, Thomas (an Eir employee I presume) is somehow not authorised to comment further.

The product as now offered no longer suits my purposes and I shall find an alternative.
    Eir, you had a good product... but you have now lost two PAYG customers in pursuit of maximising profit over customer satisfaction.

Yet another poor customer experience from Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

UmBongo! wrote: »
    I have three 180 day passes, one I use for travelling, one for my vehicle, and one which my mother uses for infrequent internet access; she doesn't need a monthly subscription. When attempting to top up her 180 pass I noticed that the duration has been reduced to 30 days. There was no notice whatsoever of this intended change. I fail to see how offering an inferior 30 day product for the same price as the 180 day product creates value for the user - the 50 GB data limit is the same. Further, when challenged on this logic, Thomas (an Eir employee I presume) is somehow not authorised to comment further.

The product as now offered no longer suits my purposes and I shall find an alternative.
    Eir, you had a good product... but you have now lost two PAYG customers in pursuit of maximising profit over customer satisfaction.

Yet another poor customer experience from Eir.
    Hi UmBongo,

I'm very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. I'm also sorry to hear we have lost you as a customer.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭nagel

just to add my  disappointment to this,  I have 5 neighbors set up on this, all low users none of them have gone over the 50 gb in the six months, and 1 for myself  as a backup,   six more that you will be losing as they expire.  

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

terrible decision by Eir, not only will I be taking my mobile data elsewhere but also moving 2 phone plans as a protest

a pity, eir always messes things up, the reason given has no ground and it's quite clear this is a move to extract more cash form customers

goodbye & GOOD RIDDANCE 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 William Frederick Burton

I'm another customer who is bitterly disappointed that the 180 Day Data Plan has been axed and replaced with a useless overpriced product. 

I have my home broadband with Eir and I used the 180 day mobile data plan when I was staying with relatives or travelling with work. It was a great product, even if it had been reduced to 90 days I would have accepted it.

I was always in the habit of topping up my account by €30 ahead of my pass expiring. I had only topped up and within the week the 180 day pass was dropped. I feel very aggrieved about this. I intend on switching both my home and mobile BB to another provider now.

Finally, I would be grateful if the reps here could confirm what steps Eir took to communicate the change in their terms and conditions to their customers?

Are Eir satisified that they complied fully with their legal/regulatory responsibilities to notify its customers of changes in the terms and conditions? Was the correct notice given to customers?

I do not appear to have received any communication. I first be came aware of the change when I tried to use my credit to purchase a new pass.

I await your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

This. Surely eir have to give notice to existing customers before unilaterally pulling a service? I did not receive any notification either and in fact would still be none the wiser if not for fellow Boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭unreg999

Any suggestions for alternatives??
    Another one here rightly peed off with the disappearance of that plan 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Buffman

Another annoyed customer here, I have 2 devices on this plan and find the lack of notice given to be very poor customer service. A lot of people are going to top up by E30 only to then discover this plan is no longer available and they can't get a refund.

Eir are obviously willing to lose plenty of customers with this, I suspect it's linked to their recent decision to withdraw from the goverment rural broadband scheme. I'm thankful I accidentally discovered this while attempting to ascertain my remaining data before I topped up by the E30.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Ahhh, Eir. What are you doing? The 180 day pass was perfect for a variety of uses. The 30 day booster is no comparison. What difference is it to Eir if the data is stretched out over a longer period? If the 50Gb is used sooner than 180 days, customers just buy a new pass. But now we have to move provider because the 30 day pass is not suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

JDxtra wrote: »
    Ahhh, Eir. What are you doing? The 180 day pass was perfect for a variety of uses. The 30 day booster is no comparison. What difference is it to Eir if the data is stretched out over a longer period? If the 50Gb is used sooner than 180 days, customers just buy a new pass. But now we have to move provider because the 30 day pass is not suitable.
    there trying to get you to buy it every month hoping they will get big profit from it, 

out and out greed from a terrible company.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MjM

I'm in the same boat here, fierce handy for the parents who barely use a few gigs a month at most. And like the rest - where was the communication about the plan change? Also how does reducing the plan from 180 days to 30 days increase value for money, its totally backwards. 

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

180 days to 30 days what a joke. Very disappointing, used this plan for the cars and campervan.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

terrible effort, used it for tablet and for checking in on my elderly mother, never used annything near the 50 gb, but was so handy to have it, will be leaving on both devices. how can it be discontinued with out any notice, havent gotten any notification as yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

tellmeabit wrote: »
    terrible effort, used it for tablet and for checking in on my elderly mother, never used annything near the 50 gb, but was so handy to have it, will be leaving on both devices. how can it be discontinued with out any notice, havent gotten any notification as yet???
    Put in a complaint to eir then follow up with comreg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Same here. I used it with Meteor for travel/holiday home use etc. Good offer with good customer service on the few occasions I needed it. Then they get bought out by a company that basically expects to get away with a 600% increase. I still need some way to cover light data use. I also have two teenagers that were with 48Conquer but have outgrown them and need something better. It won’t worry Eir as I am only a customer but I will get some pleasure by covering all three requirements with one of the rivals

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

I have recommended this 180 day sim to many people, including friends living outside the country, where it was ideal for intermittent usage, and also for non-Europeans living in Ireland using dual-sim phones with Tesco call sim for cheap international calls.

Thanks for removing a useful product and the lack of warning - I will now have to help your customers find new solutions. I will bear it in mind when my own Eir contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭oceancat

i have used 180 data plan for a few years also had many family members using this which everybody was delighted with as none of us would use nowhere near 50gb per month,

ahh well time for us all to look for something d same because no way ill be buying this one again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

I'm another customer who is bitterly disappointed that the 180 Day Data Plan has been axed and replaced with a useless overpriced product. 

I have my home broadband with Eir and I used the 180 day mobile data plan when I was staying  with relatives or travelling with work. It was a great product, even if it had been reduced to 90 days I would have accepted it.

I was always in the habit of topping up my account by €30 ahead of my pass expiring. I had only topped up and within the week the 180 day pass was dropped. I feel very aggrieved about this. I intend on switching both my home and mobile BB to another provider now.

Finally, I would be grateful if the reps here could confirm what steps Eir took to communicate the change in their terms and conditions to their customers?

Are Eir satisified that they complied fully with their legal/regulatory responsibilities to notify its customers of changes in the terms and conditions? Was the correct notice given to customers?

I do not appear to have received any communication. I first be came aware of the change when I tried to use my credit to purchase a new pass.

I await your reply.
    Hi there William Frederick Bruton

eir is no longer offering the 180 day add-on for sale. If you have already contracted to a 180 day add-on, it will continue as normal until it expires or it is depleted. The terms and conditions attached have not changed.

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »

eir is no longer offering the 180 day add-on for sale. If you have already contracted to a 180 day add-on, it will continue as normal until it expires or it is depleted. The terms and conditions attached have not changed.

-Kyle
    Kyle,

There was a very significant change to the terms and conditions of the product though.

Eir changed their 50Gb pass from 180 days to 30 days. When Three reduced their 30 day offering to 28 days they contacted customers in advance to communicate the change. Had I been informed of the Eir change I wouldn’t have topped up my account in the week before the 180 day product was dropped. Many of us have credit in our accounts but the product we want to purchase has been removed (it would appear without any communication).

My initial question remains unanswered -

For the record - Can you confirm that Eir are satisfied that they complied with their legal/regulatory obiligations to their customers ahead of implementing the changes (I.e communicating T&C changes & notice periods etc).

-Kyle
    Kyle,

There was a very significant change to the terms and conditions of the product though.

Eir changed their 50Gb pass from 180 days to 30 days. When Three reduced their 30 day offering to 28 days they contacted customers in advance to communicate the change. Had I been informed of the Eir change I wouldn’t have topped up my account in the week before the 180 day product was dropped. Many of us have credit in our accounts but the product we want to purchase has been removed (it would appear without any communication).

My initial question remains unanswered -

For the record - Can you confirm that Eir are satisfied that they complied with their legal/regulatory obiligations to their customers ahead of implementing the changes (I.e  communicating T&C changes & notice periods etc).

Thank you for your replay again. eir is satisfied that it has at all times complied with its legal and regulatory obligations.

-Kyle

Thank you for your replay again. eir is satisfied that it has at all times complied with its legal and regulatory obligations [\quote]

I intend referring the matter for ComReg, can you confirm that this is Eir’s final response to my complaint? Thanks, WFB.

Thank you for your replay again. eir is satisfied that it has at all times complied with its legal and regulatory obligations [\quote]

I intend referring the matter for ComReg, can you confirm that this is Eir’s final response to my complaint? Thanks, WFB.

eir is happy to confirm the previous response

-Kyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Thank you for your replay again. eir is satisfied that it has at all times complied with its legal and regulatory obligations.

-Kyle
    That seem to translate as Eir thinks it can get away with saying nothing?

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »

-Kyle
    That seem to translate as Eir thinks it can get away with saying nothing?
    Hi there my3cents

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.  We appecriate your concern but unfortunately the plan is no longer available. As previously advised, if you have already contracted to the plan, it will continue on as normal until it expires or is depleted. This does not affect the terms and conditions.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

-Kyle

Advertisement