Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Update On Order - Seriously Considering Cancelling

Options
  • 23-03-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

I ordered Eir broadband and phone online at the start of this month. I received a number of emails asking for my UAN number and I responded in each case with my UAN number only to receive exactly the same email again a few days later.

I phoned Eir to find out what the story was and they told me I had to get in contact online. I got in contact online and the online chat guy had serious difficulties even understanding what I was saying and kept telling me he thinks I'm a business (I've ordered for residential use only) and to phone the same people who told me to contact him in the first place.

Considering I haven't even received your service yet this does not bode well at all and I am going to give Eir one final opportunity to sort this out before I cancel the order and ask my previous provider to reinstate my service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

If your previous provider has already cancelled your service then you would be just ordering new from Eir and a Uan wouldn't be required as this is used to transfer your landline number and broadband service from one provider to another

Maybe this is causing an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

grinder23 wrote: »
    If your previous provider has already cancelled your service then you would be just ordering new from Eir and a Uan wouldn't be required as this is used to transfer your landline number and broadband service from one provider to another

Maybe this is causing an issue?
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, my service with the other provider hasn't finished just yet, there's a couple of days to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

FCIM wrote: »
    I ordered Eir broadband and phone online at the start of this month. I received a number of emails asking for my UAN number and I responded in each case with my UAN number only to receive exactly the same email again a few days later.

I phoned Eir to find out what the story was and they told me I had to get in contact online. I got in contact online and the online chat guy had serious difficulties even understanding what I was saying and kept telling me he thinks I'm a business (I've ordered for residential use only) and to phone the same people who told me to contact him in the first place.

Considering I haven't even received your service yet this does not bode well at all and I am going to give Eir one final opportunity to sort this out before I cancel the order and ask my previous provider to reinstate my service.
    Hi FCIM,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement