Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking Data Privacy

Options
  • 23-03-2018 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Does anyone know much about how banks in Ireland treat customer data privacy? For example, many U.S. and U.K. banks have made statements in recent years that they will be sharing and selling customer data (I imagine transaction details particularly) with 3rd parties. So that would never be OK with me. I am more than happy to pay for services so I don't become the product.

I've got a first-line of telephone assurance from Permanent TSB that they don't do that. But brief assurances don't account for lazy employees, staff who consider themselves more knowledgeable than they actually are, or the plain fact that companies and banks do lie.

In the U.K. ethical banking is possible, there are choices. What about in Ireland? Also, does anyone use a private transaction method like Apple Pay regularly? That and cash would suit me perfectly. Lucky Germans living in a society where cash still dominates, it supports consumer privacy.

Advertisement