Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving SIRO NTU

• 23-03-2018 6:06pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I have SIRO installed in my house via Digiweb. Previous owners had the fibre entry point installed in the living room. When the installer came, he practically insisted on using the existing NTU. I reluctantly agreed because running CAT6 seemed a lot simpler than it actually is.

I now want to move the fibre entry point and NTU to another ground floor room that I'm using as an office.

Has anyone else actually had SIRO moved (or indeed removed entirely)?

(I know all about CAT5/6, fibre, ethernet-over-mains etc and don't want to use them for this!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

The ONT isn't something I think you should move. The installers don't move it once it's in, you need to ask them to put it a specific place on the installation day, and you not being the tennant at the time means you won't be getting them to move it.

It's probably possible though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You might get it done with one of the smaller ISPs if you can get somebody clued in on the phone. Fee is likely €150-250.

Running UTP is easier than running an optic (no minimum turn) so I'm curious as to why you're set on moving it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kipperyken77

Red Alert wrote: »
    I have SIRO installed in my house via Digiweb. Previous owners had the fibre entry point installed in the living room. When the installer came, he practically insisted on using the existing NTU. I reluctantly agreed because running CAT6 seemed a lot simpler than it actually is.

I now want to move the fibre entry point and NTU to another ground floor room that I'm using as an office.

Has anyone else actually had SIRO moved (or indeed removed entirely)?

(I know all about CAT5/6, fibre, ethernet-over-mains etc and don't want to use them for this!)
    Hi there,
    Did you ever get your issue with Siro / Digiweb sorted? I have a Siro / Vodafone point in the house that I want to move but not sure if I can.
    Thanks
    K

Advertisement