Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus & a321LR arrival + new routes

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Kcormahs wrote: »
    b757 is 12J / 165 Y.

I recall the 12 321LR plan on the slide but only 13 a330s until 2022. Maybe I am wrong and there was a different slide going on :)

Thanks for the clarification on the B757.

I am going on memory on that slide, I thought both numbers were even. Couldnt recall was it 12/12 or 12/14. So seems like I was really wrong.
    Regardless it was the 12 A321LR and the disposal of the B757 that stuck in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Skuzchad

Would it be a bad idea or bad appeal to passengers for Dublin airport or Ei to offer a red eye from Dublin to the states .whether it dublin to LA or Dublin to New york maybe leave Dublin at about 9:30pm or something .just an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

2130 from DUB to JFK would get in around midnight and would be about the same for west coast maybe 1 am so you've got a frame to turn around and get back into the air for .. oh... 0200/0300 local meh not that attractive coming or going EXCEPT if you wanted to avoid the crowd in T2

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Skuzchad

trellheim wrote: »
    2130 from DUB to JFK would get in around midnight and would be about the same for west coast maybe 1 am so you've got a frame to turn around and get back into the air for .. oh... 0200/0300 local meh not that attractive coming or going EXCEPT if you wanted to avoid the crowd in T2

What about a 6pm flight ? I only ask as i know some flights in general have a red eye kinda last flight outta out .so whatever departure would work from Dublin to get people into new york for say 8pm ?? Bad idea prob .but if u get what i mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

Skuzchad wrote: »
    Would it be a bad idea or bad appeal to passengers for Dublin airport or Ei to offer a red eye from Dublin to the states .whether it dublin to LA or Dublin to New york maybe leave Dublin at about 9:30pm or something .just an idea

The only issue for those flights would be the connections. Between a third to a half of the TA flights are based on connecting flights and most european aer lingus flights arrive into dublin at 10.30 the earliest so they would all miss their connection. Plans for earlier european flights have been on the cards but that would envolve overnighting the aircraft in those europeans cities, in order to land in Dublin at 8am/9am.

There was talks of the a321LR flying Cdg/Ams Dub, dub jfk (example) in order to provide a full business class experience to those passengers. Nevertheless this idea been very quiet recently.
    Probably its been scrapped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

moloner4 wrote: »
    I'd say only one of the routes in 2019 will get a 321, 2020 is the year where the fun starts.

2020 for the european earlier flights too, you mean? 2020 will see a reduce on the 757 lease too so I don’t see much of a difference regarding operations. Probb 2021. This is if they confirm 12 a321LR. At the moment there are only 8 on a cofirm order.

What about the shorthaul fleet (320 mainly) any orders or extra leasings to increase the current 34 ac?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

What about the shorthaul fleet (320 mainly) any orders or extra leasings to increase the current 34 ac?
    Im not 100% but I have a recollection from a few months of the EI CEO or COO stating that their A320 replacement will be dealt as their leases expire. Sounded to me that large A320 order isnt a priority to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Skuzchad wrote: »
    What about a 6pm flight ? I only ask as i know some flights in general have a red eye kinda last flight outta out .so whatever departure would work from Dublin to get people into new york for say 8pm ?? Bad idea prob .but if u get what i mean ?

In terms of terminology, it wouldn’t be a red-eye flight as those arrive early in the morning (and you head straight to work with red eyes). However, I think some later flights might gain traction. When working in lindon, I used to fly to NY maybe once every month. I would take the 8pm BA departure (or occasionally Virgin equivalent) and be in a hotel in manhattan around midnight. That would not be a popular flight for many leisure travellers as it’s effectively an extra night’s hotel for a half day’s extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The earlier european flights won’t happen. All the flights for sale up to july next year have the same schedules as this summer with the earliest arrival in Dublin from Cdg and Ams at 10am

That doesn’t mean that it won’t happen. Next summer’s timetables aren’t finalised yet. It’s way too early to be making assumptions like that.

Airlines don’t finalise summer schedules until after the winter one commences in October and even then they could change timings. Heck the winter schedule from October to March is still subject to the possibility of timing changes.

All they tend to do in the booking system is push out the current schedules at this early stage (unless they have decided to drop a route).

Advertisement