Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble shooting tethering problems

Options
  • 24-03-2018 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I encountered a new problem with my android device. It's a Huawei Y5II. I used it before Christmas as a tethering hotspot and it worked perfectly. I went back to using a home wifi router and when I tried tethering again (about three months since I last used it) it won't connect.
    My laptop will connect to the home wifi router and so will my android.I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. I downloaded pdaNET and tried connecting to hostspot through that but I was prompted twice for two different issues.
    The first issue is: Your computers WiFi Adapter does not support 5GHZ.
    The second issue is : Your computer is running the adb.exe process and is causing compatibility issues.
    I also have a problem connecting the android with a USB cable. I get an error message that says the last USB device you connected malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.
    So I'm not sure what the problem is. My mobile data works fine.

Advertisement