Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300 per sq foot. OMG!!

Options
  • 24-03-2018 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Is it true that the turnkey build cost for a standard type detached new house will be in the range of €200-€300 per square foot?
    That is, ‘turn the key and walk in’ - everything is done right down to landscaping.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

Could well be.

Average cost psf for an unfurnished estate property is anywhere from e110 to e130 psf excluding vat and builders margin (profit). Also excluding site costs

This is what I have seen at least, others may have different experiences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Coolmain wrote: »
    Is it true that the turnkey build cost for a standard type detached new house will be in the range of €200-€300 per square foot?
    That is, ‘turn the key and walk in’ - everything is done right down to landscaping.

No its not, but yes it could be.
    Site, if you have one or have to buy one makes a huge difference.
    Location if you're buying is a huge difference in the price also.
    My nephew, building on a site his father gave him at the minute, 2400 square foot house in rural co Cavan, builders price with the key in the door, 18000.
    Even if you allow that it might take 50000 to finish off the site, tarmac drive, it would be around 100 per sq ft.
    But that will be different depending on a lot of other things if you look for different finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 FortunaMan

I received 5 quotes in Sep last year for turnkey finish. 2050 sqft in Galway and all bar one were €135 per sqft or more. Due to be finished in June and looking like it will come in at €140 per sq ft. Thats everything bar painting and landscaping. Not including site. Nothing crazy spec wise either, maybe slightly above average.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

FortunaMan wrote: »
    I received 5 quotes in Sep last year for turnkey finish. 2050 sqft in Galway and all bar one were €135 per sqft or more. Due to be finished in June and looking like it will come in at €140 per sq ft. Thats everything bar painting and landscaping. Not including site. Nothing crazy spec wise either, maybe slightly above average.

FourtunaMan, you mention it includes everything bar painting & landscaping.... does it include flooring, tiling, kitchen, bathroom ware etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 FortunaMan

smokey20 wrote: »
    FourtunaMan, you mention it includes everything bar painting & landscaping.... does it include flooring, tiling, kitchen, bathroom ware etc?

Yes, that included pc sums for those items. Stairs 5k, all flooring and tiling 10k, sanitary ware 5k.

• Advertisement
Advertisement