Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloc Party - Oct 22nd

Options
  • 24-03-2018 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Ticket sorted in the presale this morning.

Really excited. Silent Alarm was released around the time I started listening to "bands" so it's an album I have a real fondness for. Hope we get a few from the second and third album also.

So Here We Are...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just got sorted myself.
    It's an amazing debut album that is tough to top.
    I tend to listen to Intimacy and A Weekend In The City more than Silent Alarm but there are always one of two songs I'd skip in those albums.
    Silent Alarm is just wall to wall class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hi guys, what is the code to access the presale please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Can someone hit me up with a three presale code and link please for this. Partners sister looking for 2 standing. Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

boyznoise wrote: »
    Can someone hit me up with a three presale code and link please for this. Partners sister looking for 2 standing. Much appreciated

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Hi guys does anyone have the presale code please?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Dread Pirate Roberts

can anyone pm me a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Can anyone Pm me a code also? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

I'm really On the fence for going to see these guys. Silent alarm is an amazing album possibly the best in the 2000s. But with the new members... Idk I prefer the original bass player and drummer. I feel like the energy won't be the same. Matt tong was in a different world when drumming on silent alarm. Can the new members replicate such energy? I'll probably still get a ticket but if the shows get negative reviews I be the first one selling 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

I forgot about the presale and when I go on now there only seems to be seated tickets. Does that mean standing are gone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

I forgot about the presale and when I go on now there only seems to be seated tickets. Does that mean standing are gone already?

Only for the presale. There will be lots more available tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Lol at Bloc Party headlining the 02 in 2018 - the current year. I wouldn't put Silent Alarm on a top 50 list of albums around that era.

Interpol's worst is light years better than Bloc's best and I doubt they could play the o2 now. At their peak of popularity they were only playing Olympia over here.

This gig should have been put in the button factory. Damn shame Interpol aren't taking their TOTBL tour over here , but these chancres (who haven't be relevant in donkeys years) are.

Burty330 wrote: »
    Lol at Bloc Party headlining the 02 in 2018 - the current year. I wouldn't put Silent Alarm on a top 50 list of albums around that era.

Interpol's worst is light years better than Bloc's best and I doubt they could play the o2 now. At their peak of popularity they were only playing Olympia over here.

This gig should have been put in the button factory. Damn shame Interpol aren't taking their TOTBL tour over here , but these chancres (who haven't be relevant in donkeys years) are.

Interpol played it at electric picnic last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

davywalsh7 wrote: »

He must have missed it, damn shame

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I know music is subjective but I cant agree. Interpol are bang average

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Cool story bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

The best part of your post is where you confirm to the uninformed that 2018 is the current year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Do you have a blog we can subscribe to, or a document type thing to keep us informed of both music and dates?

Whats that non sequitur got to do with the price of tea in Aldi?

Band Of Horses are a far deeper and greater band than Bloc and they were on during the day. Horses would not head line a show at the 02. Not even if 'The Funeral' was featured 5 times on the set-list.

I know music is subjective but I cant agree. Interpol are bang average

I'm not going to sit here and say your opinion is wrong .. but your opinion is bogus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Would this sell well?

• Advertisement

It wouldn't sell out Vicar St , never mind the Point Depot.

Not even Billy Idol was big enough to play the 02.. Billy freaking Idol !!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It wouldn't sell out Vicar St , never mind the Point Depot.

Ah lad give it a rest would ya:pac::pac: , Last time they were here they sold out two nights in the Olympia and prob could have done an extra one.
    They wont sell out the 3Arena but they will still pull a decent crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Interpol aren't taking their TOTBL tour over here

Do keep up Dear, you're letting yourself look flustered, if you're going to rant, at least be consistent and follow the thread.
    Chap pointed out that you were incorrect in saying that they were not taking the TOTBL tour here, they already have.

Just to hammer home this sad joke home even further

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/Editors-tickets/artist/1014460

LOL!.

Editors >> night & day >>> Block Partie

Band Of Horses are a far deeper and greater band than Bloc and they were on during the day. Horses would not head line a show at the 02. Not even if 'The Funeral' was featured 5 times on the set-list.

You said Interpol didn’t bring their totbl tour over here when they quite clearly did. I never mentioned anything about band of horses or even bloc party for that matter. Just correcting your mistake ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Is burty not right though? Do people listen to bloc party anymore. After first 2 albums, they then became pretty irrelevant. I’m not saying they are no good. But 3arena? I hope it sells well, cause a half full venue makes for an underwhelming gig. I was at kasabian there last year. It was 3 quarters full. And took away from it. And that’s one of the top live acts around now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

LOL!.

Party

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Is burty not right though? Do people listen to bloc party anymore. After first 2 albums, they then became pretty irrelevant. I’m not saying they are no good. But 3arena? I hope it sells well, cause a half full venue makes for an underwhelming gig. I was at kasabian there last year. It was 3 quarters full. And took away from it. And that’s one of the top live acts around now.
    I think most people recognise that there's little chance of a sell out. I'd imagine it was either a choice of multiple nights in the Olympia, or a curtained off/unsold 3Arena, and the latter was best for a time/cost POV. As usual, Dublin could desperately do with a 4k-7k indoor venue.

digging up a month old thread to have a bizarre rant and comparing Band of Horses (of all people) to Bloc Party, is quite entertaining though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

LOL!.

What's the point in these comparisons? This is a thread about Bloc Party.
    What's the reason for all this salt? Did Kele steal your boyfriend on a night out?

Advertisement