Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gaming build

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Seems solid, though far easier to buy everything from the same place. A lot of those sites have 'free shipping' on Partpicker but that obviously only applies to UK, except in the case of Amazon....and it's just way less hassle.

I would take the 8600K over the 8700 as it's overclockable and I believe PS will benefit more from high single core speed over number of cores/threads.

Don't forget you also need a hard drive, a 250GB SSD would be good, 480GB ideally but not sure if you can work that with the budget.

Could be achieved by going with an i3-8100 for now for £95 with a view to upgrading to an i5 or i7 down the line at some point.

Wouldn't be much slower in Photoshop I'd imagine as it's still a quad core with the same clock speed as the i5-8600K, just minus two cores/two threads - and would still be excellent in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

Cheers for the reply.
    Forgot to say I already have a 250 GB EVO 840 that I can use from my laptop that went kaput! Also have 2 x 750GB 2.5" 7800 rpm which I could try and raid 0 for additional space.

Think I'll stick with 8600k and might look at a better air/water cooler down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Get a better air cooler now - Arctic Freezer i32 is in the same price bracket but cools better & is quieter.

Advertisement