Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plant id and pruning advice

Options
  • 24-03-2018 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone know what these plants are and how far can i prune them back and when can I prune them.

They are a bit big for where they are located at the moment.

Thanks

JRBY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Don't prune either both specimens are superb.. The second the Hebe won't grow from old wood and the first an Adenanthus (of some form there are lots) doesn't really grow that well after pruning and certainly won't flower for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

second one is a hebe -- nice compact bush -- have a look back along the stems and you might already find small buds there. You can cut back to those. It should regrow quickly enough. Best time to do it is now.

First one reminds me of grevillea -- but I'm not certain - there are other possibilities. Best time to prune it would be just after flowering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

First one could easily be a Grevillea more likely than my suggestion (Adenanthus)

Advertisement