Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to upgrade some parts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

If you're going to overclock that I'd probably go for something a bit better than the 212 evo.

Something like the Noctua NH D14 if you want to keep the thermals and noise down while getting a good overclock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I agree with the noise part but that cooler is plenty adequate if you run it off 12Volts it will be a small bit loud but not bad like.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I agree with the noise part but that cooler is plenty adequate if you run it off 12Volts it will be a small bit loud but not bad like.
    Get a better air cooler now - Arctic Freezer i32 is in the same price bracket but cools better & is quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just have a few concerns about that motherboard I selected. Any suggestions for a better one? tried and tested like.

• Advertisement

Ah, I bit the bullet on that mobo, it's a good overclocking board with all I need.
    In other news, my case and psu arrived at parcel motel today. Just waiting on the other bits, would be nice to have them for the weekend.

This is how the build looks so far.
    CPU

Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor
    £206.39 £206.39 Aria PC Buy
    CPU Cooler

ARCTIC - Freezer i32 CPU Cooler
    £33.21 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime £33.21 Amazon UK Buy
    Motherboard

MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    £89.98 £89.98 Ebuyer Buy
    Memory

Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
    £329.00 FREE £329.00 Amazon UK Buy
    Case

Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case
    £69.60 £69.60 Aria PC Buy
    Power Supply

Corsair - CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    £72.99 Free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime £72.99 Amazon UK Buy
    Total: £801.17

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why 32GB's of RAM? Especially considering the price these days.

I'm hoping to improve response times of applications. I've been using 16gb of ddr3 in my current system for the past 4 years. There are times when the pc seemed to struggle or seem slow when multitasking apps. So I'm hoping adding an extra bit of memory will remove that bottleneck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

£329 for RAM!

Nice looking parts list

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hal1 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to improve response times of applications. I've been using 16gb of ddr3 in my current system for the past 4 years. There are times when the pc seemed to struggle or seem slow when multitasking apps. So I'm hoping adding an extra bit of memory will remove that bottleneck.

Just checking, but do you have the OS/applications on a fast SSD?

• Advertisement

Yes, I've 2 crucial m500's in raid0 with a 1tb hdd for backups. I'm planning to migrate them over.
    Btw, the rest of my parts arrived this morning :).

446899.jpg

I've that 1070 almost 2 years now.

Advertisement