Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dillian Whyte vs Lucas Browne

Options
  • 24-03-2018 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Big fight tonight in the heavyweight division, a win for either of them will get them a fight with Joshua if he doesn't face Wilder. Reckon Whyte will win on points but will have to survive a few scares.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

eliterank wrote: »
    Big fight tonight in the heavyweight division, a win for either of them will get them a fight with Joshua if he doesn't face Wilder. Reckon Whyte will win on points but will have to survive a few scares.

Whyte is European level at best . Split decision result over a shot chisora last year. Chisora maybe 6 years over his best? This is his last chance against a 40 year old doper in browne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Both looked in terrible shape on the scales yesterday. Could see it being a sloppy, mess of a fight that Whyte takes wide on the Matchroom cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Don't listen to Sky. This is not a big fight. Neither are elite level and both looked badly out of shape at the weigh-in.
    To sum it up: two fat sh1t-houses.

I'll still be watching as it could be entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 eliterank

Whyte is European level at best . Split decision result over a shot chisora last year.  Chisora maybe 6 years over his best? This is his last chance against a 40 year old doper in browne.
    Yeah Whyte is about European level but with Hearn as a promoter he can get fights against the top guys in the division. Thought Chisora just nicked that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Both are bang average. Whyte still dining out off his 7 th rd KO loss to AJ..

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Both are bang average. Whyte still dining out off his 7 th rd KO loss to AJ..

Lost every round and got knocked out in the 7th yet according to Eddie Hearn, Wilder is ducking him :)
    Very average power and boxing technique and not much fitness. The likes of Takam or Povetkin would murder him.
    Browne as you say is worse again. His 'big' win was against a slob in Chagaev but he can bang a bit so it could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Anyone watching Whyte vrs Browne tonight? Looked at the weigh in there and I must say I wasn’t impressed by the condition of either of them

Lost every round and got knocked out in the 7th yet according to Eddie Hearn, Wilder is ducking him :)
    Very average power and boxing technique and not much fitness. The likes of Takam or Povetkin would murder him.
    Browne as you say is worse again. His 'big' win was against a slob in Chagaev but he can bang a bit so it could be interesting.
    He lost nearly every round but did rock Joshua in one round, also had a shoulder injury. Browne is decent considering he started his boxing career late. always has a chance because of his power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

****ing outrageous tactics from Cardle. He doesn't have the power to try bang people out like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Ritson looked decent in fairness though

• Advertisement

Good finishing there by Callum Johnson. Clash with of heads during final exchange didn’t help Bugliogni..

Fans not getting many rounds in , less than 10 in 4 fights

He lost nearly every round but did rock Joshua in one round, also had a shoulder injury. Browne is decent considering he started his boxing career late. always has a chance because of his power.

Bruno 'rocked' 'Prime Tyson too'. Means nothing really.

Some KO shot from Jamie Cox..

walshb wrote: »
    Some KO shot from Jamie Cox..

Was sweet alright

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Anyone watching Whyte vrs Browne tonight? Looked at the weigh in there and I must say I wasn’t impressed by the condition of either of them

They both looked worse than usual and it's not like their usual is up to anything either. Pretty disgraceful for a so called 'big fight'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I can understand it from Browne there’s his age and as you say he never looked trim. He’s there for a few more paydays I think. But whyte should be knocking on the door for big fights and by his own admission he came apart in the AJ fight due to fitness deficiency

It does mean something, nearly stopping Joshua will help him get a rematch and a nice payday. If Joshua just knocked him out in a round there would be zero interest in a rematch

Morrison J wrote: »
    ****ing outrageous tactics from Cardle. He doesn't have the power to try bang people out like that.
    Joe Cardle has no power, he was catching Ritson clean on the chin and it had no effect. Them tactics played straight into Ritson's hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

This Browne fella seems like a bit of a fat lumper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Browne's head is sitting way out every time he goes in.

He'll throw a few bombs and gas out.

This seems like a classic Eddie Hearn mismatch

Zero head movement from Browne, Whyte just jabbing his head off.

Shame on Eddie Hearn. Its gross mismatches like this which damage the sport of boxing and turn people away from the sport. That was vile.

Out cold, hope he's ok.

Jesus this doesn't look great. The ref should have stepped in when he was on the ropes that last time. Let it go on about 20 seconds too long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Dread Pirate Roberts

I found that quite sickening actually. A horrible mismatch. And thats what happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Dread Pirate Roberts

I feel sorry for him. He must need the cash terribly. He was in awful shape.

• Advertisement

The Sky Commentators keep telling us what a dangerous sport boxing is, and yet still allow these mismatches to take place. What about taking a bit of responsibility for the safety of the fighters before making the fights?

I'm a big fan of Whyte and like his interviews with IFL, but I think he could have behaved better here. Running around laughing and joking while the opponent is being carried away.

Advertisement