Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good price for the helmet?

Options
  • 24-03-2018 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I must confess i know nothing about the VR or PS4 etc.
    I saw the VR headset only, for sale on Amazon Warehouse Deals (Condition - Very Good - Like New) for £157.71 and I put it in my basket.
    Then i was browsing and a timer came up so i purchased it. I have a relative in mind, but i guess I will have to see the condition of the packaging before i can give it as a present.
    I can not find any price for just the headset. I see it is still was also available for £179 with two games.
    The packaging may be damaged, but it does not say much else. I am just after realising it may not come with anything else at all (power or cables).

It seems that the £179 offer which i did not see until after, would have been much better, but is this a good price?
    Where would i get him cables and would it need anything else with it when he opens his presents? Controllers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Could you post up a link to the entry, or a pic?

Id say it comes with all cables but you may need to pick up the required camera attachment.

If he has a PS4, the default DS4 controller can be used in a lot of games, but you can opt to buy a pair of Move controllers to guarantee he can play everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Thanks

This was the entry page - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I9WWBCQ/

It just says this in the purchased order description
    Condition: Used - Like New - Item will come in original packaging. Packaging may be damaged. Accessories may have slight cosmetic damage. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy
    But I am almost certain it said something specific about only containing the Headset in the box, in the original listing.

I was looking at the Move controllers. I am almost sure I gave away a pair of those with my PS3 (if they are the same) :\ .

I am sure he has a slim PS3, can those controllers be used?

Suckit wrote: »
    Thanks

This was the entry page - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I9WWBCQ/

It just says this in the purchased order description

But I am almost certain it said something specific about only containing the Headset in the box, in the original listing.

I was looking at the Move controllers. I am almost sure I gave away a pair of those with my PS3 (if they are the same) :\ .

I am sure he has a slim PS3, can those controllers be used?

Headset-only means it comes with all cables, but NOT the required camera, so you'll need to pick one of those up as well.

He'll need a PS4 to play the PSVR, so it comes with a DS4 controller which can be used with PSVR.

So, at a minimum to get started, you just need to buy the PS4 camera. Should be able to pick one up in Cex, or Amazon obviously.

I never had a PS3 so not sure if Move controllers are same, I think they might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Yeah the PS3 move controllers are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Thanks. Still not dispatched, so i think i will cancel it.

Turns out not such a great price after adding all the extras.
    Ater a bit of looking around, I found a brand new one with camera and Gran Turismo Sport for €220, which is only €40 more than what I paid.

• Advertisement

That's great. Back in the day when I spent around €400 for similar I thought that was a great deal :)

My money was well spent though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

The Amazon descriptions don’t be very descriptive or accurate. It may very well come with everything.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement