Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does plucking really strengthen regrowth ?

Options
  • 24-03-2018 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm not looking for medical advice. I'm just wondering whether this is the experience of others?. It's what 'Hair Removal' professionals say. I do believe them, but just thought I'd ask what others here think anyway :)

Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

I've always heard the opposite - plucking eventually leads to the hair follicle dying and that hair never grows back/could take a really long time to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Over plucking eyebrows seems to permanently thin them, plucking facial hair seems to increase growth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Done a fairly extensive 'Google search' and it seems to both promote growth and damage follicles, thus lessening growth, in different places. Seems to say that where hair is very dense, that promotion of strong regrowth is more likely due to a 'defence response'. I've been plucking lately. May eventually return to 'Therapie' whenever I've time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

GingerLily wrote:
    Over plucking eyebrows seems to permanently thin them, plucking facial hair seems to increase growth!

My experience too!

Advertisement