Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre marks on lawn

Options
  • 24-03-2018 7:15pm

Hi
    I had a tree surgeon in during the week to take some trees out for me.
    In order to save us alot of hauling to the chipper he drove the Jeep and chipper onto the grass to where we were cutting.

With the amount of rain we've been having the ground was fairly soft so large deep Tyre marks are left.

How do I go about repairing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Rake in some topsoil similar to what's under the lawn in the first place and follow up with some lawn repair mixture, which you should be able to find in the garden centre. Something like this:
    http://www.thegardenshop.ie/lawn-repair/

Rake in some topsoil similar to what's under the lawn in the first place and follow up with some lawn repair mixture, which you should be able to find in the garden centre. Something like this:
    http://www.thegardenshop.ie/lawn-repair/

Thanks for the reply.

Will it matter that the ground where he drove is compacted? The tyres sank up to 3-4 inches in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

TheTorment wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Will it matter that the ground where he drove is compacted? The tyres sank up to 3-4 inches in parts.

It the area isn't too big, you could stick a garden fork in the side of the tracks and rise the soil up. I did this where a horse got onto the lawn and they leave deep holes, you'd never know now. Worth a try on a small area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭blackbox

Odelay wrote: »
    It the area isn't too big, you could stick a garden fork in the side of the tracks and rise the soil up. I did this where a horse got onto the lawn and they leave deep holes, you'd never know now. Worth a try on a small area.

...and do it before the ground starts to get hard. Even squashing down the raised edges with your boots will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

You're better to get in sooner alright. It won't work once it dries out.
    New topsoil and seed can work, however the new seeds may grow fresher grass that is a different colour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement