Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weber gas BBQ - worth the money?

Options
  • 24-03-2018 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Looking to get a gas BBQ, ideally one with a side burner for the times that the electric goes (electric hob, no range for back up).

Are Weber's worth the extra €€?

Will be cooking for 2 to 4 people most of the time, any recommendations on brands appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

cant comment on quality of the gas ones but the charcoal one I have is 7 years old outside uncovered and the paint is still good on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've had a Weber Genesis something for about 15 years. Had to replace the grill and flavouriser bars a couple of years ago as they'd rusted through.

Still going strong, fabulous piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

yep. I sometimes wince when I remind myself how much I paid for my weber, but it sits outside year round and looks perfect and is a great piece of kit in regular use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I had a gas one and someone convinced me to get a charcoal one.worst mistake i ever made.waiting for the coals to heat upnis a major pain in the arse imo.i used to bbq in all weather's with the gas one but now i hardly do it at all because of the effin charcoal.
    So gas whatever make all the way for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

I had a gas one and someone convinced me to get a charcoal one.worst mistake i ever made.waiting for the coals to heat upnis a major pain in the arse imo.i used to bbq in all weather's with the gas one but now i hardly do it at all because of the effin charcoal.
    So gas whatever make all the way for me.
    Have you tried a chimney starter, it takes the pain out of getting the charcoal going?
    https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/how-to-use-a-chimney-starter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

wench wrote: »
    Have you tried a chimney starter, it takes the pain out of getting the charcoal going?
    https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/how-to-use-a-chimney-starter

Yes i have one.i still love being able to just turn it on though .ie gas

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭milout

Thanks everyone, sounds like Weber is worth the extra.

Think we'll have to forget the side burner though, but even a gas grill will be great if the electric goes.

Now we just need summer to arrive.

Advertisement