Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Variable Mortgage interest rate.....AIB.... am I missing somethinh

• 24-03-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Just seen an ad on TV promoting AIB’s variable rate of 4.5%.....how is that of value; interest rates are at an all time low; ECB has already indicated that interest rates will be increased Over the coming years... and Quantitive Easing still in place....

I think anyone that gives up a 5 or 10yr fixed rate of 3-3.5% for that is mad.......

Or am I missing something???? Would love to hear others thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

VanPercy wrote: »
    Just seen an ad on TV promoting AIB’s variable rate of 4.5%.....how is that of value; interest rates are at an all time low; ECB has already indicated that interest rates will be increased Over the coming years... and Quantitive Easing still in place....

I think anyone that gives up a 5 or 10yr fixed rate of 3-3.5% for that is mad.......

Or am I missing something???? Would love to hear others thoughts

Please note that AIB's SVRs are from 2.75% to 3.15%

Please see here:

https://aib.ie/our-products/mortgages/mortgage-interest-rates

and here:

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/best-buy-for-50-ltv-mortgages-i-e-the-lowest-mortgage-rates-available.205864/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭g0g

If I remember right, the AIB ads show them smashing competitor rates in various different ways. e.g. there's a TV showing one rate and it falls and smashes etc. Might that be what you were looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 VanPercy

g0g wrote: »
    If I remember right, the AIB ads show them smashing competitor rates in various different ways. e.g. there's a TV showing one rate and it falls and smashes etc. Might that be what you were looking at?

Yes that’s the one; I’m nearly certain they are promoting their 4.5% variable...... maybe I was seeing things???

Advertisement