Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault in IFSC/Spencer Dock. What the hell is wrong with this city?

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

beauf wrote: »
    Must be a vast difference in rent in the smallest physical distance around the IFSC.

Yes and also in purchasing prices.

Friends of mine considered buying an apartment on Foley Street at some point to move in with their young daughter. Luckily for them they came to their senses and didn’t buy it, but for a very good modern and large apartment there they would have saved almost 40% compared to something similar around Mayor square on the other side of the IFSC. Massive price difference purely caused by the fact that the street is a school for crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭ Annie Gifted Movement

Thanks for the link - the headlines say it all;

Councils owed over €400m in unpaid rents, loans and rates
    Report shows council shortfall of €291m in unpaid commercial rates alone

So what? Does unpaid rates somehow excuse a pack of scroungers defrauding the taxpayer by not paying their rent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,213 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

beauf wrote: »
    ... The prtb would have a different view...

The PRTB has no view on what people do with their dole money.

youve no right to get so aggressive when the majority of people would agree that this point is sophistry at best and utter sh1te at worst

Did I miss a meeting where you were appointed as spokesman for "the majority of people"?

So what? Does unpaid rates somehow excuse a pack of scroungers defrauding the taxpayer by not paying their rent?

It puts it in context - showing that scroungers defrauding the taxpayer is not restricted to any particular social class, and scrounging business owners manage to defraud the tax payer on a much larger scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Nermal

It puts it in context - showing that scroungers defrauding the taxpayer is not restricted to any particular social class

Violent random assaults pretty much are though aren't they? You know, the subject of the actual thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Christ that was vicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Bob24 wrote: »

Friends of mine considered buying an apartment on Foley Street at some point to move in with their young daughter. Luckily for them they came to their senses and didn’t buy it, but for a very good modern and large apartment there they would have saved almost 40% compared to something similar around Mayor square on the other side of the IFSC. Massive price difference purely caused by the fact that the street is a school for crime.

I live in North inner city and sorry to say but anyone who buys on foley Street is making a HUGE mistake. The area is a dive, you're surrounded by liberty house flats, railway street, the Killen, to name but a few...

It's anti social central, place is ruled by gangs of little scrotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭xtal191

savj2 wrote: »
    Just seen a man get a big beating on Green St, Dublin 7

He was an English man about 30 years of age wearing a suit and got into trouble with a few youths from the flats on the green beside the old special criminal court.

Not sure what started it, but he couldn't get away from the mob and his face was covered in blood.

There was a few lads maybe 13-15 years of age and one lad late 30s maybe early 40s laying into him kicking him on the ground.

The Gardai did turn up and got one of the youths but a load got away.

This is the second mob incident I've seen on Green St in the space of 6 weeks. 6 Weeks there was a big fight between local teenagers and went on until the Gardai arrived.

There is a noticeable increase in anti-social behaviour in the past 6 months here and I see it getting worse with the summer holidays around the corner.

Same incident I'm guessing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

It makes me sick to hear what happened to you. A horrible but real example of some of the scum in our country. Every time I visit Dublin I see something getting robbed or someone. Last time I was there some poor guy was running down the street shouting at some junkie that had robbed his wallet out of his hand and flew away on his bike.

Hopefully your faith in the people can be somewhat restored at one point or another. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Jaysus, would you look at that Andrew, a bunch of scrounging business owners beating up a young man.

Never mind me, keep building that strawman. You are doing just great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

eldamo wrote: »
    Jaysus, would you look at that Andrew, a bunch of scrounging business owners beating up a young man.

Never mind me, keep building that strawman. You are doing just great.
    Mod note: do not post again in this thread until you are able to lay off the personal attacks and sniping.

Do not respond to this post on thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

xtal191 wrote: »
    Same incident I'm guessing?

Was this just a random attack?

Nermal wrote: »
    Violent random assaults pretty much are though aren't they? You know, the subject of the actual thread?

Are you sure of that?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/boy-15-to-face-trial-accused-of-attempting-to-murder-woman-in-dun-laoghaire-knife-attack-837605.html

Pauln90 wrote: »
    Ah theyre scum.

Filth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

It makes me sick to hear what happened to you. A horrible but real example of some of the scum in our country. Every time I visit Dublin I see something getting robbed or someone. Last time I was there some poor guy was running down the street shouting at some junkie that had robbed his wallet out of his hand and flew away on his bike.

Hopefully your faith in the people can be somewhat restored at one point or another. :-(

I know Dublin is bad but no need to exaggerate.

I'm in the city centre at least twice per week and rarely see any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rebs23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

rebs23 wrote: »

This is getting close to what I would call a no go area: a place controlled by people who only recognise their own law and not the law of the state, and if someone tries to go be the law of the state there they will be quickly reminded it is not the one in application and they’d better not be there.

At the beginning it happens as isolated incidents, but after a while the geographical area and its specific set of laws becomes clear for everyone and only those who accept that alternate rule dare to venture there (as exists in some Parisian suburbs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,061 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bob24 wrote: »

family members of mine bought an apartment down there years ago an investment when they were built. the front door to the building ending up been closed off as it was always smashed in & junkies shooting up in it. The tenants they had were 4 girls who were regular callers into the garda station to get a gard to come around with them when they were coming home late at night and when the junkies managed to get into the building they were smoking drinking and shooting up in the corridors. They owned a top floor apartment and wasnt uncommon to find a few of the scrotes passed out on the buildings roof terrace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement