Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*Sticks head in*

Does anyone like sephers :pac:?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Opens can of tuna for Seph* :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Autosport wrote: »
    The bosses boss arrived in work this morning and commented that it was nice to meet someone full of Christmas spirit :D I seem to be the only person who seems to like him :D

whiskey or vodka?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

happy, kind of, that I can still climb on a chair..... Did no tknow I could but the dratted CO2 alarm went off. The cats scattered in terror....

Nothing amiss here; managed to switch it off ( standing on the chair) and came and looked it up .... emerges it means it needs a new battery. Which will be...interesting.... as I cannot reach it properly.

Happy it has not started again; and the house is far from airtight so no danger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    *Opens can of tuna for Seph* :D

I don't get it 😕

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Have a think about it, KittySeph. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Meow meow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Does anyone like sephers ?

All together now...

Of course we do.

Have a think about it, KittySeph. :pac:

Ok I get ya now 😆 ohhh homeo!

• Advertisement

seph. I have FIVE cats here rooting for thee... and me!

Reminds me, I finally found a photo of Jacob cat

Beautiful ^^^^

Beautiful ^^^^

He was surrendered aged 1 as his family were moving and there were allergies there. A comedian, and totally uninhibited, and totally unfazed at a new home. He spent the car journey helping me change gears through the cat cage bars..

The most tactile cat I have had; he comes and sits by you, gazes soulfully at you, then slides sideways right across you... purring fit to bust. Never seen the like. Loves his food!

When I first had him, he was not allowed out and keeping him in seemed hard as he would try every time I opened the door...

So one day I opened the door wide, said OK there you go... and his golden eyes turned bright green in sheer HORROR at the idea..OH NO! NO WAY!.It was only when we moved the next time he started going out.

My cats bless me mightily!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Small children dressed as animals/cartoon characters. I saw a little girl of about three dressed as a penguin today, complete with orange shoes/flappers and a hood. Totally made my day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Finished the present shopping for the second most difficult person to buy for on my list by popping in to a local shop 'for a look' on my way way home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This cheered me up today when I saw it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Grandaughter is having a sleepover . She is little dot in the middle of the double bed surrounded by four teddies and snoring like a drunk sailor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Off tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A guy in the house moved out and threw his professional folder in the bin. Oh perfect condition, I'll have it!

Sorta looks like this but far smarter and cooler. I dunno why he threw in the bin, I'm not complaining. Actually this one in the photo is pretty poor, mine is much better :)

468063.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i remember having something similar to that and thinking how cool i looked carrying it into meetings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

My dad has similar to that. They’re grand but whatever happened to the briefcase? You never see them anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My bed. Simple TH for tonight.

a new day albeit wild, wet windy.... and cold! challenges ahead..

Boyfriend is coming to visit tomorrow for the weekend :D

A quiet night and a full fridge and freezer... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Kickboxing this eve

My kitty cat coming back to visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

When you get to the checkout and there's no queue, just a cashier smiling and waiting to start scanning your shopping.

Bed after training. Xmas party tomorrow eve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Visited Paris for the first time.

All my life people told me Parisians were ignorant and rude but as regards giving up seats for others and not barging onto trains before people get out and other stuff you’d see worse behavior on the Luas tbh. People were friendly too even with the rioting.

TH I visited at a good time, very little queues or just a few minutes for security and saw lots and lots

Also TH I used my leaving cert French for stuff like changing a train ticket or in a shop and they didn’t kick me out and point & laugh at my attempt :o

My first 2, and probably only 2. Christmas cards, as we tend to send ecards. arrived today. One was from a friend made when I was in my first teaching post.. ie well over 50 years ago... Seems like y;day! Happy at the enduring contact,

Oops; just edited as it did not make sense.,..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Met two of my nieces, from Mexico, for a coffee this morning. Great to get to see them face to face again.

Got 68% in an essay I got the results for today. That’s been the best result I’ve had since I got here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Whimsically bought 2 x tickets for Jenny Greene at the Marquee. Went 2 years ago and loved it. It's a great night out - Glowsticks at the ready :D

Originally today was the day I was going over ..... very happy I had the sense to look at the forecast and get an order in as no way ...feeling smug!

Getting my nails done. So pretty :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Getting my nails done. So pretty :D

I know, right? :D
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108817748&postcount=1809

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I just KNEW what you'd be linking to. Yet still opened it! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am sure I would be happy if I was out having a few pints and soaking up the seasonal atmosphere.
    But am happier to be snug and warm and dry in my own living room with a great line up of cheesy tv for the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Aquaman at the cinema this evening. It was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When a bad hair day coincides with a cold day so that I can wear a wooly hat to hide the horror:)
    The eldest is around this evening so is giving the OH a lift into his work night out and I don't have to go out again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

You can't beat the feeling of climbing in to your own bed!

All safe indoors for the duration.. happy to be safe and dry. with food and fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Poochie05 wrote: »
    You can't beat the feeling of climbing in to your own bed!

True. And coupled with the strength to get out of it again, it's a joy.

This morning started with a TA because I thought I had run out of fresh coffee. The TA vanished because by the time it took to refill the bird feeders and to feed the chickens, the coffee was ready and its scent was wafting all around the house. Bliss. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Our staff Xmas party tonight...and I'm not going :)
    Munster game... takeaway and an Xmas movie with my daughter is how I'm spending tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

More than TH with my new, used, MiFi router. :D

Got a refurbished and SIM lock free Huawai e5573c for 30€ via eBlaa. Ordered on thursday, arrived friday and working saturday. Two tablets, one phone and the netbook are even communicating with each other. :rolleyes:

Took me a while yesterday to understand the system. Two different names and three possible passwords. This morning it all fell into place by magic. :eek:

Wonderfull feeling to read boards on a big screen again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

More than TH for a close relative who got great news yesterday after a recent health scare, all grand again, I'm still on a high today for them

GoneHome wrote: »
    More than TH for a close relative who got great news yesterday after a recent health scare, all grand again, I'm still on a high today for them

Best Christmas present anyone could get :D

All my cats safe, inside, fast asleep on my bed here. That the three new ones, each so different, are settling slowly now. Street cats to pets is a huge leap

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement