Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

having my fm went home for a week so being alone in the apartment 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Graces7 wrote: »
    Best Christmas present anyone could get :D

Absolutely, puts everything else in perspective, I was overwhelmed with worry for them the past few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TH being inside and warm and snug, with nowhere to go. The most strenuous thing I have to do today is go out to the shed for a bucket of coal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

All my cats safe, inside,

Th for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My Xmas party last night. Epic craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

the wee cat who has just arrived on my shoulder to purr and nudge. From her beahviour at times she was badly treated before and taking time to trsut. scuse typos, cat on my hand! ##she is caled Bella, the smaller one is Selkie, and th e boy is Smudgey as he is black splahed wth white and has a wee patch on his bottom lip you keep wanting to wipe away... a smudge

Oh now I am being cleaned up! licked and chewed! Bliss..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bus driver just stopped and got off and helped a passenger (older woman) with her shopping trolley to to the other side of the road.

"Mislaid" one of the young cats as I was sorting for the night.

She was atop the tall fridge, up by the high roof, feasting on the butter I leave our, safe (!) to stay soft. Cheeky wee furball! Licking her lips.. ;) Happy and confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bf made it here eventually! We did Christmas today seeing as I probably won’t see him till after Christmas when I get home. He got me such good presents, I love them :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"Mislaid" one of the young cats as I was sorting for the night.

She was atop the tall fridge, up by the high roof, feasting on the butter I leave our, safe (!) to stay soft. Cheeky wee furball! Licking her lips.. ;) Happy and confident.

The rascal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

my son is supposed to be asleep but I can hear him singing jingle bells quietly to himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Made the best of a horrible day emotionally and weatherwise.

Cleaned the house from top to bottom and then relaxed in front of the TV for a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

my son is supposed to be asleep but I can hear him singing jingle bells quietly to himself.

Only 10 more sleeps :D

Only 10 more sleeps :D

Stop, I’m more excited about Christmas than the kids :D
    I’ve been blasting Last Christmas by Wham! To get him singing something different, caught him humming the chorus yesterday, I was so proud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭loveall

The pointy finger on a book of Christmas stamps !

Got Jenny Greene tix yesterday. Good times in the Summer :)

northgirl wrote: »
    Got Jenny Greene tix yesterday. Good times in the Summer :)

Glow sticks at the ready!

Glow sticks at the ready!

Used em all up last night.. Must add to list..

GLOW STICKS make everything better - 2nd of course to Barry's :pac:

Used em all up last night.. Must add to list..

GLOW STICKS make everything better - 2nd of course to Barry's :pac:

You used them all the xmas party :D?

• Advertisement

You used them all the xmas party :D?

Yes, mine was a halo :pac:

You wearing a halo :eek:?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Pic's or .....

Have'nt used glow sticks in ages... I want some now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have some from the early 80s still in their original wrapping. Would they still work, do you think?

9 Days to Christmas
    19 Days to my last day in old job
    22 Days to my new job
    24 Days to my Birthday 🎂
    389 Days to 40! 😳

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Pic's or .....

Have'nt used glow sticks in ages... I want some now.

I remember waking down Parnell Street years ago the day aftera Klaxons gig in the Ambassador..the street looked like it had been covered in luminous alien jizz...it was everywhere down as far as Peats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Try_harder wrote: »
    9 Days to Christmas
    19 Days to my last day in old job
    22 Days to my new job
    24 Days to my Birthday 🎂
    389 Days to 40! 😳

Hah Hah Hah!

Do you know why they call me The Count?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The new me is coming out to play and she doesn't take crap from anyone :)

‪Work Xmas Party last night. Remember helping a young lady who pin blocked her card - gave her E20 for E10 so she could get home and I put her in the taxi. Dont like women alone like that. ‬

youtu.be/KCkmIyC6v00 My song of the week! In fact my life. Ive been on the canvas a few times in life now but Ive always gotten back up

The rascal!

Oh it got "worse"! The cheese sauce was the next THEN the baked beans! Both left in pans ready to heat...

Not sure if I posted this y'day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NcP-KZr7g4

• Advertisement

Sweet silence and bright stars after yesterday's din and downpours... and sleep... ;)

My 2019 to do list so far:
    New Job 🏢
    Stay in my thirties 😝
    Heineken Champions Cup 🏉
    Santander 🇪🇸
    Guinness 6 Nations 🏉
    Arsenal game ⚽️
    P!nk 💪🏻
    Fleetwood Mac ⛓
    Cher 💃
    RWC 2019 Japan 🇯🇵

Try_harder wrote: »
    My 2019 to do list so far:
    New Job 🏢
    Stay in my thirties 😝
    Heineken Champions Cup 🏉
    Santander 🇪🇸
    Guinness 6 Nations 🏉
    Arsenal game ⚽️
    P!nk 💪🏻
    Fleetwood Mac ⛓
    Cher 💃
    RWC 2019 Japan 🇯🇵

Nice to have stuff to look forward to in the new year :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My boyfriend went out last night. I was supposed to collect him but I fell asleep (Oops). Anyway he got a taxi home but he got the taxi driver to stop at the shop so he could buy sausages to cook breakfast for us this morning. The taxi driver and the guy in the shop was laughing at him! I think it's hilarious too. My breakfast was delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A gentle Sunday afternoon stroll in the sunshine.

Candles lit, cosy in PJ's flaked out on the couch...

A lovely relaxing bath and listening to my favourite band on Spotify.

*contented sigh*

The kindness of strangers. A lovely lady took care of me this morning so I bought her a small token of flowers. It makes such a difference to be heard.

abed as the day deepens into evening after a magnificent sunset rich in gold and russet.. abed for the night as soon as everyone is in. The small decorations are up outside and tomorrow I make the cards. and send ecards to friends and others too.. but tonight is for sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Even though I've had a really good week, I had one of those nights last night when I couldn't sleep because my mind was throwing a black veil over everything. Everything seems better today and I want to keep it that way. So here, in no particular order, are some of the trivial - and not so trivial - things that made me happy this week:

- having all my family under one roof for the first time in three years
    - listening to my brothers mock-arguing
    - one of my closest friends getting offered her ideal job less than a week after finishing her PhD
    - another friend having a baby
    - my nanny getting good news in the hospital
    - finding a Christmas tree that's not too crooked
    - getting the shift at a Christmas party Friday night and organising a date for next week
    - getting a message from the library to say a book I'd ordered a month ago was in
    - having an incredible Santy at our special olympics Christmas dinner and party on Saturday. We'd never had him before, but he was absolutely amazing with the athletes - the smiles and happiness would break a heart of stone.

• Advertisement

A lovely relaxing bath and listening to my favourite band on Spotify.

*contented sigh*

And who might that band be?

And who might that band be?

My Chemical Romance.
    I’ve spent years being mocked for that, but I love them.
    litterally the soundtrack to my life :D

My Chemical Romance.

Screw the haters, sure you like who you like :D .

Screw the haters, sure you like who you like :D .

My new philosophy :D

Just succeeded in extracting a very annoying chin hair. I suppose I'll have a full grown beard next month at the turn to 40 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just succeeded in extracting a very annoying chin hair. I suppose I'll have a full grown beard next month at the turn to 40 :pac:

It can be extra insulation for the cold weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you succeed in extracting a really sore really angry ingrown hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My Chemical Romance.

I absolutely love My Chemical Romance and make no apologies for it :). The Black Parade album is brilliant, a real Queen feel to it I think.

TA for me is hearing The Darkness Christmas Time on the radio, it reminds me of old Christmas songs from the 70s, like Slade. Pure cheese, but I love it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I discovered a chocolate stash I had forgotten about. I don't eat a lot of it but it's nice to have some treats in the cupboard to have with a coffee :)

• Advertisement

I discovered a chocolate stash I had forgotten about. I don't eat a lot of it but it's nice to have some treats in the cupboard to have with a coffee :)

What kind of chocolate though hmm 🤔 :3 ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement