Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Signing the Christmas bonus cheques for the staff that work with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

A woman I only know to say hello to at the school run stopped me yesterday to tell me how she’s always loved my makeup and to ask am I a professional makeup artist.

I’m not, but I’ve been smiling since I spoke to her :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

New Home wrote: »
    I think there were tons of chopped onions in that hamper...

I'll have to eat the chocolate, it would be ungrateful not to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Girls back in internet availability , will be in Thailand for christmas day skyp(e)ing! :):):):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

It's not lashing rain today :)

• Advertisement

The smell of an apple tart baking. I don't like Christmas cake or pudding, but apple tart and custard, yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Going over to see my missus and my cat for Christmas, I can't wait!! Tomorrow we'll be drinking mulled wine, decorating the tree and eating chocolates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

TH to have a great gang of friends, we all met up in the local yesterday afternoon for Christmas end of work drinks, the place was buzzing, amazing for a small rural country pub on a Friday afternoon, jukebox playing Christmas songs, roaring fire going, went in there at 2 pm and left it at 7.30 and it was starting to get even busier with an evening crowd arriving, love where I live, yes we're miles from anywhere but wouldn't change it for the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

There's a definite stretch in the evenings.
    Makes me very happy!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Having opened a KBC account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Buying a book on Audrey Hepburn this afternoon

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Going over to see my missus and my cat for Christmas :D

TH getting an email to say the Christmas present I ordered for my cat will be delivered Monday, ordered it from an English site so was thinking the timing was a bit tight, not that cat will even appreciate it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

GoneHome wrote: »
    TH getting an email to say the Christmas present I ordered for my cat will be delivered Monday, ordered it from an English site so was thinking the timing was a bit tight, not that cat will even appreciate it :D

Aww, what did you get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I got my cat a present too but he usually has no interest in the toys we get him so I'm pretty sure this year will be no different. Ah the things we do for them :p

Aww, what did you get them?

I got her this play fishing rod type thing, I don't know it looked interesting but she never really has interest in such things, plays with them for a five minutes and that's it, she'd much prefer a leg of chicken :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I got my cat a present too but he usually has no interest in the toys we get him so I'm pretty sure this year will be no different. Ah the things we do for them :p
    I got her this play fishing rod type thing, I don't know it looked interesting but she never really has interest in such things, plays with them for a five minutes and that's it, she'd much prefer a leg of chicken :D

If I had any cat by God they'd be spoiled rotten with presents :3

If I had any cat by God they'd be spoiled rotten with presents :3

Aw Seph you'll be a great cat daddy, it will happen some day, we've no kids and our little cat really is our baby, she's only a year and a half but we would be devestated if anything happened to her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I was given a beautiful red hardback book of love poems this afternoon. There was no occasion. Gifts given for “no occasion” are always pretty special.

I’m floating on air now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

There's a definite stretch in the evenings.
    Makes me very happy!:D
    I only learned this year that while December 22nd is the shortest day of the year, December 12th has the earliest sunset so that by Christmas day, there is a stretch in the evenings. Usually the weather is so sh!te at this time of year you wouldn't notice it but the weather has been so mild that you definitely can.

I've actually enjoyed this Autumn/Winter. Last year is rained pretty much from September to April and there was storm after storm. This year hasn't been hard at all. October was warm, November had some cold days and yes it's raining in December but I don't feel it's as harsh as last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Crocodile Dundee on the Telly early on. End scene is feel good factor 50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bowlardo wrote:
    Crocodile Dundee on the Telly early on. End scene is feel good factor 50

You call that an ending scene.........

This video, I can't stop laughing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

This video, I can't stop laughing!

LOl , brilliant .We had a budgie who could do the ring tone on the landline to a tee !! We were constantly running to answer the phone and no one there !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Brilliant! And the cats looking at him, like WTF!

Won E50 on a E2 scratchcard!

Might have broken even for Dec lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Christmas!!!☃⛄🎅🎄🤶

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

My young fella was born two weeks ago, yesterday, meaning my paternity leave runs right up to the start of Christmas holidays.

Also, doing the early night shift minding him and catching up on 'First Dates with his baby snores in the background.

Bottom layer of the christmas trifle is setting in the fridge.
    Sure sign its all kicking off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My young fella was born two weeks ago, yesterday, meaning my paternity leave runs right up to the start of Christmas holidays.

Also, doing the early night shift minding him and catching up on 'First Dates with his baby snores in the background.
    Aww congratulations on the new baby! I hope for your sake he's a good sleeper :D

• Advertisement

Watching Pat Shortt's music on d'telly.. My god I say it every week but the musical talent in Ireland down through the years is fantastic.. Thin Lizzy being my all time favourite band but love them all from the Fureys to Aslan, Sinéad ó Connor etc.

Some black and white footage from years ago of little children asking Santa for such simple presents.. Operation, a digital watch, surprises, when did it all go mad? One gorgeous little fella about 5yrs old asking for a wigwam.. So cute.. I'm teary eyed here tbh.. Oh having a wine too lol.

TH that I'd a good stash of beer and wine in the house for Christmas, second lot of callers arrived at 6 this evening and they made a fine job of it

TH that I'd a good stash of beer and wine in the house for Christmas, second lot of callers arrived at 6 this evening and they made a fine job of it

Restock tomorrow :pac: ?

Restock tomorrow :pac: ?

I know Seph that's what I was just thinking*

*goes to Tesco/Dunnes/SuperValu websites to check offers for tomorrow ;)

I got a big snuggly blankety throw as a present. Useful and beautiful, and I will enjoy the comfort.

Its Christmas Eve, and only one song to post, To all the scumbags and maggots, from this lousy Fāggot Happy Christmas- I love you baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Watching Pat Shortt's music on d'telly.. My god I say it every week but the musical talent in Ireland down through the years is fantastic.. Thin Lizzy being my all time favourite band but love them all from the Fureys to Aslan, Sinéad ó Connor etc.

Some black and white footage from years ago of little children asking Santa for such simple presents.. Operation, a digital watch, surprises, when did it all go mad? One gorgeous little fella about 5yrs old asking for a wigwam.. So cute.. I'm teary eyed here tbh.. Oh having a wine too lol.

We had never heard of those things..an orange was a rare treat.. ah well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My "happies" are not trivial.... I am so blessed and at peace. Been through some tough times these last weeks but am sailing free now, safe and snug on my small quiet island, an oasis of peace and faith and the reality of Christmas at its heart.

Just a wee gift and thanks to leave at the gate for our wonderful postman who crosses in some terrible weather...

Them snugging down, ready for the Nine Lessons and Carols from Kings College via internet..

Blessed I am and happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My parents do the €20 & wine/chocs for the postman too ^^^ more of a rural thing where you know your postman and he lives local

Have to work today but TH they send us home at lunchtime with a full days pay :)

Also TH there is nothing to do. I must see if Aer Lingus have any sales, productive day

My thoughts with the retail workers, I’ve been there!

Figuring out that sending a group broadcast message on Whats App sends it individually to all receptients

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That's it's a day till Christmas
    Opening my presents from under the tree after Mass tonight

• Advertisement

Finished work! Til Thursday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Meeting my da for coffee in lovely Coffee Roasters. He's away after Christmas for a couple of weeks so it was nice to see him and he really liked their coffee too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I love when organisations get on board with that kind of thing, means so much to the kids. You should have seen my great god child's face last year when she heard that the dail had given Santa air space clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lady said my niece was the image of me...don’t see it myself (she’s as cute as a button) but I’ll take it! P.S. I’m also meant to look like my aunt who is a NUN!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Watching R2D2 kneading dough and baking fresh bread for me.:)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=468749&stc=1&d=1545657612

Just 300ml of water and 500gr of sunflower ready mix with a handful seeds added gives me a wonderful smelling loaf of 750gr for christmas.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=468750&stc=1&d=1545657855

Absolutely perfect. :D

This morning, I decided a bit more to go to O'Briens cafe located in a certain petrol station. Low & Behold the O'Briens cafe was all closed off, this morning Christmas Eve (The Petrol Station and food market was open). I left without buying anything.

Went to my local petrol station, less than half the distance to aforementioned establishment. Got Double Expresso from machine and bought a danish pastry. All coffee free today, cashier said, I only had to pay €2 for danish pastry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So much TH - it's that time of year.

The smell of the baked ham, family excitement, old friends, smiles and decent weather ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BilboBagOfCans

Sitting in Dublin bus and seeing all the old people meeting neighbours and wishing everyone a happy Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Chilling out on the sofa after a tasty sausage sandwich and a cup of tae with the wee one. Just back after telling our families that wee one version 2.0 is on the way. Time to let the belly out ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement