Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Coffee time!
    Lots of new books for me to read :)

What kind of books?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Fireworks last night. Didn’t go out or anything, but since I’m on the 9th floor you could see fireworks all around. Every direction I looked in there was a different firework display :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Playing with my beautiful cat. Happy New Year everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Belle and Sebastian's recent music which I only discovered the other week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Succubus_ wrote: »

I'm going to try to be good, new year's resolution and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Coffee time!

What kind of books?

A little eclectic mix!
    A book about the rise of the Tudors in English history, A horror by Joe Hill and couldn’t resist some smutty historical fiction :p

New books make me happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I just had a plate of boxty. Nothing else but boxty fried in butter and it was only gargeous.

50 guilty pleasures of the 90’s and “It’s Alright” by East 17 is number 1.

The memories :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

50 guilty pleasures of the 90’s and “It’s Alright” by East 17 is number 1.

The memories :D

Was just humming a Spice Girls song there randomly... weird as I didn't like them.

Now Bros... :pac:

• Advertisement

Succubus_ wrote: »

I need a pet. But first I need my own place.

If my own mother won't love me then a wee doggie might.

northgirl wrote: »
    Was just humming a Spice Girls song there randomly... weird as I didn't like them.

Now Bros... :pac:

I love the Spice Girls :o:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just had a plate of boxty. Nothing else but boxty fried in butter and it was only gargeous.

Whats a boxty and where can I find one?

then a wee doggie might.

A cat would love you as well :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Succubus has one, quite tasty I believe...

Fck it...I lasted a few hours :D

I'm sure she does ng. People sometimes have a strange way, their own way, of showing it.

My TH is that I will be all by myself tonight in the middle of nowhere!! :D

• Advertisement

Will Smith makes me happy.
    The first poster I ever put on my wall was of Will Smith and all these years later he still gives me a...twinkle in my eye :p:D

Off to watch Men In Black or Bad Boys now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I had to google it and I still don't understand it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy that the tiny wren the cat gave me is very much alive and flying... but less happy that he was too quick for me and is now holed up among the boxes and bags of yarn.. Have put food and water down and can do nothing more until after dark ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Aw you're missing out! It's only the most delicious buttery salty potato pancake you'll ever eat in your life! You usually only get it around the north west beside all the fry stuff in the shop but God it's so tasty :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Aw you're missing out! It's only the most delicious buttery salty potato pancake you'll ever eat in your life! You usually only get it around the north west beside all the fry stuff in the shop but God it's so tasty :)

Sounds lovely. I love anything with potatoes.

• Advertisement

A cat would love you as well :pac:

I love cats and dogs equally. But if you want a pet, especially without a place of your own, or if you're away a lot of the day because of work, then really, a cat would be a better option. They really give all the love you could possibly want. I'm in a similar situation to you NG, with a dysfunctional family history, and having cats to love and love me back goes a seriously long way to heal that.

My own TH:

1) finished a book I'd been struggling with last night. So it officially goes in the 2018 list now, and I can start my reading of 2019 with a clean slate.

2) Watching the New Year's Day concert from Vienna recorded from earlier. I'm not usually a classical music fan, but I love the tradition of this concert to start off the year.

3) Managed a parkrun double today, though it was a struggle.

I guess I'll have to visit Sligo so :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I'm sure she does ng. People sometimes have a strange way, their own way, of showing it.

Sounds good ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mr Fart is my hero. Breakfast in bed to stop the morning sickness hunger vomiting, sleep in and 2nd breakfast after getting up. Yip. Definitely my hero :D
    Where can I get myself one of those?
    Don't believe the hype. I'm not the Messiah, I'm a very naughty boy... :D
    My question still stands, Infinite Fart.

No, she's an alcoholic and a narcissist. Thanks anyway.

Enjoy your peace & quiet tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    I'm watching Escape at Dannemora.
    Episode 1 wasn't too bad but just finished Ep 2 there and it's hotting up nicely.
    I think I'll stick on Ep 3.
    Patricia Arquette is fantastic in it!

Just finished watching the whole series there and I loved it.
    It seemed to get better with each episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A little eclectic mix!
    A book about the rise of the Tudors in English history, A horror by Joe Hill and couldn’t resist some smutty historical fiction :p

New books make me happy :)

Is the Joe Hill NOS4A2 by any chance? That's the only one of his that I have read and it was brilliant, he is his father's son:). Need to check out more of his books.

TH that I haven't made any resolutions, don't make em, can't break em :)

I've probably said this before but when you're reading away at a thread and all of a sudden a comment will actually make you proper piss yourself laughing :D

I've probably said this before but when you're reading away at a thread and all of a sudden a comment will actually make you proper piss yourself laughing :D

Gwan tell us! Who made you laugh :D :pac:? Was it one of us :D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Twinkling lights :)

Seph you always make us laugh :) Must be the cork accent ;) (love it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Are you laughing at us, or with us Bonesy?

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Are you laughing at us, or with us Bonesy?

That depends on the comment Tedo ;)

Our cat is doing her "paint me like one of your French girls Jack" pose on the radiator :D

Our cat is doing her "paint me like one of your French girls Jack" pose on the radiator :D

Pics!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I wouldn't be calling the Mrs (a cat) :D

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Is the Joe Hill NOS4A2 by any chance? That's the only one of his that I have read and it was brilliant, he is his father's son:). Need to check out more of his books.

TH that I haven't made any resolutions, don't make em, can't break em :)

Yes that’s the one I got!
    I can’t wait to start it, I last read Strange Weather by Joe Hill and loved it.

Pics!!!!!!!

Autosport wrote:
    I wouldn't be calling the Mrs (a cat)

She's no longer in that pose Seph.... the "cat" that is :D

Yes that’s the one I got!
    I can’t wait to start it, I last read Strange Weather by Joe Hill and loved it.

Ah brill, you are in for a great read! Hands down one of the best books I have read in recent years. I must check out Strange Weather.

TH I have two new Stephen King books to read courtesy of the Book Depository, you can't beat the free postage. Stephen King makes me so trivially happy. I have been reading his books since 1987 when my Mum got me Misery as a Christmas present.

• Advertisement

Luther is back on BBC tonight, well that has made my New Year! Hellllloooo Idris Elba and be still my beating heart :)

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Ah brill, you are in for a great read! Hands down one of the best books I have read in recent years. I must check out Strange Weather.

TH I have two new Stephen King books to read courtesy of the Book Depository, you can't beat the free postage. Stephen King makes me so trivially happy. I have been reading his books since 1987 when my Mum got me Misery as a Christmas present.

Ooh I can’t wait to start it now!
    Strange Weather is a collection of short stories, I loved the first one.

Book depository also makes me happy. Nothing better than starting a new book :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A nice warm house

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Amazing Friends (capital F intentional) who go out of their way to help you. :) They're a blessing.

New Home wrote: »
    Amazing Friends (capital F intentional) who go out of their way to help you. :) They're a blessing.

They go even higher in estimation if they provide cake.

**hint hint**

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    They go even higher in estimation if they provide cake.
    **hint hint**
    The Friends in question already provided cake, chocolates, dinner out, offered to drive me across the country, and an hour ago offered to lengthen their journey to work by twenty miles (they already do nearly as many) to pick me up 'cause I'm going shopping. A diffent set offered to rent a van and drive to help me move when the time comes. And they all meant it.

I won't take advantage of them, but I love them to bits for offering, they've been a lifeline.

• Advertisement

They're a keeper.

My plan backfired though, meant if you have cake, you'd go higher up my friend list.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    They're a keeper

My plan backfired though, meant if you have cake, you'd go higher up my friend list.

But you see, playing dumb and pretending not to understand pays off. ;)

Besides, I only provide cake to my friends. And that, Teddo, in the words of Michael Kelso, is a first rate BUUUUURRRRRN!!!!! :pac: :D

I have a long memory missy.

Oh, oooookaaaaay, so. I can't resist those puppy dog eyes of yours.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8VC8D8Wl5eyBJt63GpQKSQxz42bQQSI2N8D7iPqgcJT3qHDLnRA

New Home wrote: »
    The Friends in question already provided cake, chocolates, dinner out, offered to drive me across the country, and an hour ago offered to lengthen their journey to work by twenty miles (they already do nearly as many) to pick me up 'cause I'm going shopping. A diffent set offered to rent a van and drive to help me move when the time comes. And they all meant it.

I won't take advantage of them, but I love them to bits for offering, they've been a lifeline.

I have 4 friends that would and have done similar for me, better than any lotto win, I'd take the proverbial bullet for them. You're very lucky NH and I genuinely appreciate mine every day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement