Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Amen! to that.

And, heated seats.

Show off :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Crock Rock wrote: »
    I recently becamse an uncle to a beautiful baby boy who was born on Sunday.

I haven't yet seen him in the flesh but I can't wait to hold him. Who'd have thought you could love somone so much before you even see them ♥

That's exactly how I feel about my niece and nephew, they both bring me so much joy :3:3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A tradesman turned up at out house on schedule.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Faints*

I didn't think that was humanly possible! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got my car back, and I can go to the gym, yay :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

These today ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    These today ..

Wow ! Fabulous !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wow ! Fabulous !

Thank you , Iamwhoiam , I wish I could take the credit for them but I can't :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Thank you , Iamwhoiam , I wish I could take the credit for them but I can't :)

But you take the credit for taking the photo and cheering us up !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    But you take the credit for taking the photo and cheering us up !

Aw , am glad it brightened the evening , they made me smile too !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Crock Rock wrote: »
    I recently becamse an uncle to a beautiful baby boy who was born on Sunday.

I haven't yet seen him in the flesh but I can't wait to hold him. Who'd have thought you could love somone so much before you even see them ♥

Ah stop is someone chopping onions around here!
    I had to wait till I was 43 to be a blood aunty, (the OH has a rake of nieces and nephews who would consider me their aunt) I will never forget how lovely it was and still is :)

My new ringtone is the Doctor Who theme, I nearly puke with happiness when my phone rings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Even more impressive given the current weather conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Came in off the farm this evening and Toby the dog was jumping around with joy to see me. Sometimes it’s the simple things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

New Home wrote: »
    *Faints*

I didn't think that was humanly possible! :pac:

They do out here; comes of having to use a ferry... If they miss it? ;)

a good night's sleep... rare...NB I got one last night which was what I was referring to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This fella seeing me off to work this morning and guarding the house while I'm gone :pac:

50f991.jpg

My neighbour's dog enjoying the snow - he loves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Just had French bread and cheese for my lunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I made the uncle packet oxtail soup for lunch. I think it's God awful slop, but loves it, and it makes him happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TH, 150 words left to type for the biggest assessment of the year.

This time tom it will be happily being scanned by the software that finds plagiarism, ie out of my hands. :D:D:D

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th I managed not to flip my burger into a dish of water this evening

*smiles*

Seeing Mule tomorrow evening at the cinema

My lovely new Triton shower. The old one was knackered, either frozen or scalded.

Today is Friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Waking up with an extra 10 minutes on the alarm clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've just been told that I'm being treated to a family day tomorrow to celebrate my birthday (75 but I don't look a day over 60 - honestly), so should be a bit of fun.

Had to email a possible supervisor for my FYP/thesis. I picked one last night and thought she’d be very popular so didn’t think I’d have a chance at all, but she’s just gotten back to me and asked if I could go and talk to her about it in more detail next week.

When I came down this morning My mam had made me a sausage and rasher :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Today is take away day and I've lost 1 stone 4lbs or 8.2kg :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Today is pub day! But not quite able to go yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Today is catch up with the girlies day and I’m on my way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Today is Friday!!! Don't think I've ever looked forward to a weekend of relaxation more. Have had an exhausting week with moving house. Did the big move last Saturday, starting at 9.30 and finishing at 10 that night. Then this week it's been clearing out the last bits out of the house and cleaning plus unpacking and organising in new gaff. Work Monday, then over in old house 6-9, Tuesday work, then old house 6-12 and Wednesday work, then back over 6-9 and then finally out the door for the last time. Such a feeling of relief to be done with it now and like I said, it's Friday!!! :)

Today is Friday!!! Don't think I've ever looked forward to a weekend of relaxation more. Have had an exhausting week with moving house. Did the big move last Saturday, starting at 9.30 and finishing at 10 that night. Then this week it's been clearing out the last bits out of the house and cleaning plus unpacking and organising in new gaff. Work Monday, then over in old house 6-9, Tuesday work, then old house 6-12 and Wednesday work, then back over 6-9 and then finally out the door for the last time. Such a feeling of relief to be done with it now and like I said, it's Friday!!! :)

Congrats! you must have us all around for boxty and tae sometime :pac:

Congrats! you must have us all around for boxty and tae sometime

Yeah different house same habits Seph... I did indeed have boxty last Sunday :D

Be sure too use the good china now as well and uh make sure its barry's tae now :pac: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A million years ago a then friend gave me a copy of 'A Woman's Heart' that was released in the US when she was there, the playlist is different to the one here. There was one song on it I particularly loved about a bee and I think a jam jar.

TH Today I found the WH singers on youtube and happily going through their playlists to see if I can find any more details.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Did you make it or buy it? I've tried making it but it turns out a mess. I don't know anyone irl who makes it and I haven't found a decent YouTube tutorial.

Paddy Cow wrote:
    Did you make it or buy it? I've tried making it but it turns out a mess. I don't know anyone irl who makes it and I haven't found a decent YouTube tutorial.

I buy it. I just get the two big slices in the pack, mc'eniffes I think is the brand and it's a really nice one. My mum used to make it years ago and it was an old recipe of my granny's that she used and that really was nyom nyom nyom

Not having to go anywhere today. I've a good fire on, my dog and cats beside me, and Fr Brown on the telly.

A long weekend starts now :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Congrats! you must have us all around for boxty and tae sometime :pac:

Seph, how many times...that's not how you spell "cake"! :rolleyes: :pac:

Just heard a song on the radio that one of my flatmates in Leeds used to always play at pre drinks and now I’m pumped :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I saw a job advertised for a 'Trampoline Supervisor'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Got to hold my new beautiful nephew for the first time yesterday. It was amazing. I can only begin to imagine how magic it must be for my parents to hold their first grandchild. ♥

Watching the Mule in the cinema this evening. It was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Got an emailed birthday card from my 19 year old granddaughter - "You may have loved me from the moment I was born, but I have loved you all my life". Brought a few happy tears to my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Happy to have the bestest, most supportive, awesome kick ass friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

:confused:

Happy to be at peace in a peaceful place

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement