Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Changing the timer on a couple of lamps to come on later :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching the last episode of Les Miserables this evening that I taped last night. It was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Made the most divine pot of spag bol for dinner and ate a huge bowl of it lavished with parmesan while wrapped in a blanket re-watching the Crown on Netflix 😌 Comfort Mondays are key!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Getting stuck in a great book :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can't say that and not tell us what it is!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

New Home wrote: »
    You can't say that and not tell us what it is!! :)

Steve Cavanagh : Twisted. I found him by accident and read his book Thirteen and I'm now a fan :) If you like crime/thriller I recommend him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

tesco! My cell phones are from there, and one is not charging any more. I cannot get there as no car now. so as i have done before I sent it to customer service at the branch I used most, ordered a new one same model ( 0n offer E25 and on pay as you go)and asked them to transfer my bits to the new one .. all came back by post y'day. Kind folk always there. Happy!

Autosport wrote: »
    Steve Cavanagh : Twisted. I found him by accident and read his book Thirteen and I'm now a fan :) If you like crime/thriller I recommend him.

sounds good! Rereading, "Rogue Lawyer" for the umpteeth time,, John Grisham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

But for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice.... You're welcome :D

*runs away*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

But for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice.... You're welcome :D

*runs away*

*Releases the hounds*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Neighbors cat in our garden :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Kitty6277 wrote: »

That's a puma :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A beauty :3

RMAOK wrote: »
    That's a puma :eek:

He’s a fine size alright!
    A beauty :3

He was gorgeous, came right up to the French door, but then when he saw me move, he ran off :(

One of my new rescue cats raced after me down the lane early today when she realised I was not in the dwelling. She is tiny, shiny black, long fine tail and runs at such a speed! An honour she does me

He’s a fine size alright!

He was gorgeous, came right up to the French door, but then when he saw me move, he ran off :(

Now you know how I feel on a daily basis :3 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

TH as a guy who has me blocked as soon as he sees me..and has posted on feedback re my habit of reinventing myself has just replied to a post of mine....
    Gotcha!!! He's been Chlamydiad :D

Sent in an article to be published in the college newspaper. I got an email back saying that they’ll try to have it published tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Helping my mother by getting something for her from a tall shelf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

TH got a delivery of coal and briquettes this evening, I already have two years worth of timber stored so sorted now for the rest of the stove-lighting season

A big hearty dinner

TH that I think I’ve figured out a decent topic to write my final year project on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I bought a memory foam mattress topper in Aldi a couple of years ago. It's so warm I hardly ever need to put on the electric blanket. Downside is that if I sleep in a bed without memory foam, it's like sleeping on rocks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Listening to the Talking Heads at this ungodly hour. It's great.

happy I have no need to set foot outside the door today. Deluge. I have just enough fuel for three days. so it has to get warmer.

• Advertisement

Visiting my nephew and sister today I think :3 *smiles*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The weather thread has now exceeded 5 million views. Most viewed thread on boards ever apparently.
    Love reading MT Craniums forecasts.

Now you know how I feel on a daily basis :3 :pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U_XREUMOAU enjoy! I ache with laughing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Being able to hear the sea from bed at night

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Being able to hear the sea from bed at night

moi aussi!

• Advertisement

Happy that some members of a big gardening forum I am on are clearing out their seed cupboards and offering free seeds.. a summer of flowers ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The weather thread has now exceeded 5 million views. Most viewed thread on boards ever apparently.
    Love reading MT Craniums forecasts.

I’d rather guide my auld fella into my mother than post in that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’d rather guide my auld fella into my mother than post in that forum.

And she’s been dead for 7 years.

Th happy is spending the day with my sister and nephew, I got too feed him again and he kept throwing his water cup on the ground and thought this was hilarious and he has these inner sackable cups smallest to biggest and he throwing them around the place and then he was crawling off and then I was telling him I was gonna catch him, well he took off across the kitchen floor crawling chuckling mad :3:3

My article was published on the college newspaper’s website :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

2-0 🔙🔛🔝

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Id rather guide my auld fella into my mother than post in that forum.

Why? I never found it offensive???

Helping my SIL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's nice when a product not only works as advertised but exceeds your expectations. I spent €50 on a pair of Bluetooth wireless headphones with active noise cancelling, and wasn't expecting miracles, maybe a bit better. It's a lot better - the difference it makes on the bus is astounding. Sat upstairs was like being in a fairly quiet car, at least as far as noise was concerned. I could play a quiet classical piece and hear every note. The noise cancelling part can be used on its own: i'm in an office with truck engines roaring on the street outside, and it just makes them disappear. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Won tix on the radio today, nice start to the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Won tix on the radio today, nice start to the morning!

Was that you on today FM? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

blade1 wrote: »
    Was that you on today FM? :)

No, a different one! Not as foncy as today fm but still a win all the same :D

The power went down here but TH it came back quickly

articleiZkB2CatPray.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Got all my files properly sorted, tagged, and backed up, and cleared 25GB of storage space on my laptop in the process. I'd been meaning to do that for months, but finally pushed got around to it. The computer has gotten significantly faster in the process as well, makes it much more fun to work with :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

thomil wrote: »
    Got all my files properly sorted, tagged, and backed up, and cleared 25GB of storage space on my laptop in the process. I'd been meaning to do that for months, but finally pushed got around to it. The computer has gotten significantly faster in the process as well, makes it much more fun to work with :)

If it's a Windows machine, do a disc defragment as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If it's a Windows machine, do a disc defragment as well :)

MacBook Pro Retina 13" - Once you go Mac, you don't go back ;)

I'll run disk utility over the whole system once I get home just to be on the safe side though, especially since I just nuked my work account on the machine.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

So, the 2-year-old still idolises his 4-year-old sister and they're in the back of the car and she's talking about "my friend" and he repeats after her "my friend", to which she responds, "They're my friends; you don't have any friends!". Jesus. Ruthless.

Two weeks ago I had to lower his cot base as he was going to kill himself trying to scale over the cot bars oblivious to any danger. So, as there were no further slots to move the base down into, the base mattress was placed on the floor. I came downstairs from his room last night to get him some water, at his request, and when I went back he had managed to press the mattress down far enough, and push the cot away from it enough, that he was escaping from under his cot with a massive squeeze. I just stood there when I walked back in and he was dragging himself up on the side of freedom with the greatest, beaming smile of self-satisfaction and defiance I had ever seen. I lifted him up, put him back into the cot but the little fecker just went for freedom again and again with the cutest little giggles after all the panting of the escape was over. Inspirational spirit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You shouldn't have christened him Houdini, Fuaranach, that was your first mistake. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Forgot about the yellow Snack I bought to go with my lunch today, having it now with a cuppa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Listing to U2s Actung Baby this morning.
    Probably my favorite album for two reasons.
    It's was my first album I ever bought on cassette.
    Also, it was the only CD in my car as I drove in and out of hospital when my son was born. Can remember driving home after he was born with it blasting feeling a joy and pride I'd never felt before... but only this morning did I realise the significance of the album title!

Actung indeed!!:D

• Advertisement

Thank Christ it's Friday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement