Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Getting 5 books and 3 DVDs from the library today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Having a ticket for Orbital in Galway in July makes me very happy.

Also bed. Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Recently downloaded the Castbox app. Brilliant. Some great stuff on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Despite having a binge on Sunday, I've now lost 8.8kg or 1 stone 5lbs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I've been thoroughly sick of skinny jeans for ages now. I'm not a huge fan of buying online as hate the annoyance when something isn't right and has to be returned, and skinny jeans are all I can see in the shops in town. It doesn't help when you are a shortarse and even petite jeans are usually too long. But yesterday I found a lovely pair of straight leg 27" length jeans. My little legs feel free, the comfort of not feeling constricted and itchy and they are the perfect length :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I've been thoroughly sick of skinny jeans for ages now. I'm not a huge fan of buying online as hate the annoyance when something isn't right and has to be returned, and skinny jeans are all I can see in the shops in town. It doesn't help when you are a shortarse and even petite jeans are usually too long. But yesterday I found a lovely pair of straight leg 27" length jeans. My little legs feel free, the comfort of not feeling constricted and itchy and they are the perfect length :)

I'm very fussy about my jeans, and it's been tricky buying non-skinny jeans that I like for a few years now.
    But I recently tried a new brand and different fit and they are deadly, and are available in loads of different colours as well.

Delighted with that, and delighted for you too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I think I’ve got a supervisor for my FYP! She gave me some stuff to read up on and then said that once I had done some reading to go back to her to discuss a writing plan :D

Having bread and cheese for lunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The primroses are in bloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

lbc2019 wrote: »
    I won the Euromillions!

Well E5!

Last year I got 4 numbers and a bonus in the Irish lotto. Something like that

A sweet €141 cheque posted to me from Lotto HQ

I walked into AIB like a boss with my national lottery cheque hoping the cashier would be impressed :cool: well it’s not the sort of transaction you see everyday, sure is more interesting than paying Bord Gàis

She lodged it and didn’t look twice :(

• Advertisement

The nice weather today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Local stationary shop gave me freebies as I was purchasing supplies for work. Some lovely stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Home and in my pajamas since 3 o clock. Am I a scrote, yes. Do I care, no. Have the place scrubbed and a wash on. I needed that. I was having nightmares about my laundry basket coming to life and smothering me. Bought red wine for bolognaise sauce and sure wouldn’t it be a terrrrble waste to not finish the buideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

honeybear wrote: »
    Local stationary shop gave me freebies as I was purchasing supplies for work. Some lovely stuff!

16kvrd3.jpg

Oh sorry....you said supplies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

blade1 wrote: »
    16kvrd3.jpg

Oh sorry....you said supplies :D

Should have gone to specsavers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

The estate is coming back to life. 3 young neighbours pucking a ball around this evening at 5.45. Love this time of year.

Last weekend I had a long drive home from an event one night and I was absolutely wrecked and had a terrible headache. I had to stop to charge the car and when I pulled in there was already a car charging.

The guy came out of the shop and gave me the thumbs up that he was finished. Then because the card reader wasn't working he rang ecars to disconnect him. Then he told the operator to hold the line and passed me his phone to save me having to ring myself and hang around in the cold on hold. As I was giving the operator my info the guy also connected up the charger to my car so I was able to hop straight back in out of the cold.

I know it's very small (trivial) but I was so tired, it made me really happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Listening to Leonard Cohen in the car on the way to work. Arrived very chilled and relaxed. That should last all of 30 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Birdsong accompanied us all the way to school .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Feels like a summer’s morning!

It gets better every day; first bumblebees in the garden today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Listening to music that is giving me great memories!

Knowing that I'm going to spend the next few blissful days with my wife and my cat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Listening to music that is giving me great memories!

Had a brutal day in work yesterday so when I got home I lined up a Youtube playlist and watched/listened to Live Aid followed by the Freddie Mercury tribute concert. Great memories.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Listening to a good album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

I bought this top for my little nephew recently and came out of work today to a nice picture message from my sister of him wearing it fast asleep in his crib. ♥My-Uncle-Loves-me-to-the-moon-and.jpg

I had steak, mixed veg and potatoes for dinner, a glass of red wine (which I'm still drinking) and profiteroles for dessert.

Getting all my work done before home time today - usually I've to leave stuff over for the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Junior Infant gave me a Valentines Mug-he’s a Little divil at the best of times, but a real character in the classroom. P.S. If he gave me his homework too, we’d all be winning!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

First seedlings of the year have germinated. I've been gardening since I was a child, but still get a thrill when I see the little seedlings popping their heads out of the compost.

• Advertisement

It's Friday - roll on the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Sitting in the couch here drinking a coffee listening to the enthusiastic chewing of Cheerios besides me as Peppa pig is on. Life is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Friday! Go me!

And a weekend off!

Not going anywhere- no plans- just r&r!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

lbc2019 wrote:
    Not going anywhere- no plans- just r&r!

Riding & riding? :p:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Readin', 'ritin', & 'rithmetics. :D

What a beautiful morning. Absolutely glorious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    What a beautiful morning. Absolutely glorious.

I'll second this. Nice and mild, too. Gets the day off to a good start.

Going to see Happy Deathday 2U this evening at the cinema this evening.

Lying on the bed with my cat as I rub his soft fluffy belly and he looks up at me and purrs, both of us basking in the sunshine coming through the window.

Pleasant people working in the shops today - it must be the sunshine that has them all in good form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got the grass cut at the back of the house today and these birds seem to be reaping the benefits!

2i10exg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The best news that my sister in law is expecting. She is my favourite human ever and I’m so happy our that family is expanding by another little babaganoush.

blade1 wrote: »
    Got the grass cut at the back of the house today and these birds seem to be reaping the benefits!

2i10exg.jpg

Username checks out! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got out of work half an hour early and I found a fiver on the ground :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Shoe horned two citation/references so far into my YEP!
    only 8-10 left to go in 2,000 words.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

branie2 wrote: »
    Going to see Happy Deathday 2U this evening at the cinema this evening.

I really enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Going to my favourite place for lunch.

Having time to make a coffee from the machine in the morning

When i wake early enough to be able to have an hour or two in peace

Hearing music i really like while out in a pub or cafe

Dinners out and weekends away with family and grandparents

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Got out of work half an hour early and I found a fiver on the ground :D

Hmmm, I appear too be down a fiver :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hmmm, I appear too be down a fiver :pac:

That's the last time I'm lending you money, Seph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Weekend has suddenly picked up, with a couple of invitations

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement