Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Weekend has suddenly picked up, with a couple of invitations

Miss Popular 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The changes happening around me , people out more , kids occasionally playing on their bikes , more daylight , birds singing . All signs that we can uncurl from hibernation and live a little more . I love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Miss Popular 😀

It never rains but it pours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Two great nights of sleep. Been trying not using my phone after a certain time and not using it in bed, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

It makes me so happy when I strike that perfect balance between productivity and rest at the weekends!

Went for an early morning run earlier, did the groceries, took the dogs for a lovely walk, bathed the dogs, cleaned, made a nice lunch and now I’m curling up for a cat nap before I get ready to go out for dinner later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I walked into Super Valu today the first thing I saw facing me was the new large size Tiffin bar on special offer. Get in my basket!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Riding & riding? :p:D

would that it were..

such a boring day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Pale Rider on ITV 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I told a client that I would see if I could get her x item she wanted, but it was unlikely.
    Today I had to tell her that it wasn't possible and she lost it as expected.

In response she called me a rachelist, me, verruca lion and simple simon.

Reads badly I know but a RACHELIST????????????:p:p:p:p

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Got two loads of washing dried on the line today.

• Advertisement

Everyone knows the best time to eat Corn Flakes is ten at night!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not at all trivial but after getting a fright yesterday with my niece being admitted to hospital with pneumonia she's back home again and in better form after day/night of IV's, hopefully she'll get better and better now, my brother rang this morning and she was beside him talking and shouting mad in better form than I've seen her in the last two weeks :3<3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Great news Seph!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not at all trivial but after getting a fright yesterday with my niece being admitted to hospital with pneumonia she's back home again and in better form after day/night of IV's, hopefully she'll get better and better now, my brother rang this morning and she was beside him talking and shouting mad in better form than I've seen her in the last two weeks :3<3.
    The strain of flu this year is so strong! I know of at least three young children being hospitalised because of it. :(
    Fantastic to hear your little niece is recovering well, Seph. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The thermometer reading 37.7, and me feeling like I might even be up for a shower later. First time in about a week I've felt human makes me TH!! :D

Sitting at Rush beach watching kite surfers battle the wind . A little bit of heaven in February

My wee nephew in his shirt slacks and bow tie at his first Irish dancing competition! Not to be outdone his little sister joined in th group at the end and They gave her a medal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

<snip>

She was off today as well and we had a lie in together for the first time in ages. A half an hour of that made me really happy.

She was off today as well and we had a lie in together for the first time in ages. A half an hour of that made me really happy.

Even if she wasn't off,how could she have resisted anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

At least one of yous were happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

With the weather like this it’s great to be able to spend it outdoors.

Feel the sun on my skin. Fresh air.
    Everyone seems to be out from hibernation today.

Al fresco beer might be called for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That makes me TH as it reminds me of the first time I saw kite surfers down at the beach. I didn't realise that they were meant to take off up in the air and got some fright when one of them did. My heart was pounding as I thought it was going to end terribly. I got some slagging :)

Edit to add this was in reply to iamwhoiam's post, forgot to quote, duh!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    That makes me TH as it reminds me of the first time I saw kite surfers down at the beach. I didn't realise that they were meant to take off up in the air and got some fright when one of them did. My heart was pounding as I thought it was going to end terribly. I got some slagging :)

Edit to add this was in reply to iamwhoiam's post, forgot to quote, duh!

They were flying high today ! The wind whipped them and up they flew !

Playing rugby with my nephew- he was Jacob Stockdale- I was Sean O Brien- lost. Final I was Peter O Mahony- lost! The boy is too fast! But great fun lifting him up and putting him back of his own 5m line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I put coal in the stove and the 19 year old cat looks up at me like I'm the best person in the whole world. She lives her heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Playing rugby with my nephew- he was Jacob Stockdale- I was Sean O Brien- lost. Final I was Peter O Mahony- lost! The boy is too fast! But great fun lifting him up and putting him back of his own 5m line!

Cute!

honeybear wrote: »
    Cute!

It was great fun. Id lift him upside down and carry him down the hall- he then ran through my legs and scored! I am wrecked now though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A grand stretch in the evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

A grand stretch in the evenings.

+1 to this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

<snip>

Mod note: I'm not sure you're familiar with the tone of this thread, I think you really should familiarise yourself with it before posting again.

That isn't a suggestion, btw.

Buford T. Justice

Being v content in my life atm- the black dog is sleeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Things that trivially annoy you, thread title restoration.

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Being v content in my life atm- the black dog is sleeping

I can totally relate to this, worded lovely btw, I'm so happy recently and I keep wondering what's happening, turned a corner hopefully and moving on.

Went to the beach today, omg the waves were massive and spraying out over the walls and the surf was actually blowing across the road like snow, absolutely beautiful and makes you realise that we really are at the mercy of nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Random conversation overheard today in a shop. A little girl about four or so asking her mother 'when I'm seven, will I be allowed to play outside on my own'. The mother said yes, and the little one was so delighted.

Innocent ambition, and so sweet. Brought a smile to my face.

^^^ I use too do that all the time.

Th staying in touch with people and Heading out too meet pals later, the laughs will mighty!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was out for a ramble in Glendalough yesterday and this little adorable pup came over to me and stood on his hind legs looking for rubs. He then half climbed onto me while I chatted to the owner and family.
    Cutest puppy ever.
    My daughter even said that she would love to see the puppy again.

Well, a while later while on the other side of the loop, me and the daughter where crouched down looking at frogs and frog spawn and guess who arrived and jumped up on me giving me kisses and telling me he missed me! It was the puppy again.

Coolest pup ever.

My mother's 86th birthday today.
    It's been a rough 12 months for her but she's made of tough stuff!!

The smell of beef burgers cooking in the oven. I'm fecking starving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Oscars are on next week

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Jeez, had my tablet in my backpack today and meddled up something. :o

No WhatsApp, no mails, no internet...pure desperation for hours looking for the failure. Just an hour ago i found something called „data traffic“ and activated it. Voila, this stupid things somewhere in the deepest depths of the menu was the villain. :eek:

Now i know you, you bl00die b...d. :mad:

An evening without boards? Unthinkable...TH to be reading here again. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pinterest :) looking up a new hair colour for the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Seeing my schizophrenic father laugh and smile like the normal man he used to be. (hes now full of angst, worry, paranoia).

Sitting on the couch in my pyjamas on a lazy Sunday.

The feeling when you're heading off on a train or plane to somewhere away from home.

When someone praises my work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Going to lidl last night to buy milk...

Walking out with a lego set for myself of a police truck...

This guys and girls is guy pushing 30 buying lego for himself!!!

And is so happy about it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Getting a nice little lie-on this morning.

And, if I'm making two fried eggs, i never get it right. I always **** up at least one of them but today I didn't. No leak, no little bits of shell falling into the pan creating havoc, not too hard, not too soft..nearly didn't want to eat them as they were so perfect! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Enjoying a nice relaxing morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yesterday I finished almost half of my year end project,
    A good bit to go, but I feel better having that finished and I'm building confidence with that practice.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

A letter in the post from my aunt in America

A beef casserole bubbling away in the oven on this wet miserable day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

When I was young, I had an VHS tape with two episodes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. As the child of the 90s in the days before internet and Netflix, it was on hard repeat.

I recently came across them on the internet and was amazed that I remembered so many lines and the incidental music cues. I could even finish some of the lines even though I handn't seen the episodes in 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Selling broken stuff on eBay but still getting €50 for each of them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement