Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Thinking of what to pack for my holidays..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ticking things off my to do list in work, some stuff there for a couple of months at this stage :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

KatW4 wrote: »
    Half way through the first of my three summer courses. I'll hopefully have it finished by tomorrow. Hopefully get all 3 done by next week and that'll give me 5 days off next school year. Yay!

In the same boat ...

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Surprise dinner with my dad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My niece played her first camogie match today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Having a month off work to look forward to is putting a massive grin on my chops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

branie2 wrote: »
    My niece played her first camogie match today.

Awwww! I remember my first camogie match. I went to support my older sister but they were REALLY stuck for players and I had to play against girls 5 years older than me. As it was unexpected and my hair was so long, I looked ridiculous - someone had to come in with bobbins during play to tie it up. Used to love camogie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I see some posts in fb from parents giving away their kids school books and uniforms.
    This kind of awareness and recycling makes me happy.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Hired a car for Friday and Saturday out here and we have the chicks convinced it's some sort of a sports car......can't wait to see their faces when a focus rocks up lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

An absolute belter of a day

I just had a lovely dinner, with a lovely friend! :)

Edited to add: and our waitress was really lovely too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    My new motorbike is being shipped today! :)
    Thursday or possibly Friday before I get it though

It's arrived and it's beautiful!!
    Happy as a pig in....... :pac:

TH: I post a 2 word sentence in Trivial Annoyances and still manage to get THANKS from other posters. Did'nt know I was so oozing with such words of wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Having lovely housmates. I’ve never had to live with strangers before this year but I think I lucked out. One of them wants to drink wine and teach me how to jive properly if I teach her the rules of hockey. Sounds like a fair deal

Going to see Spiderman: Far from Home at the cinema tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Finishing up offsite work early and being able to get a few pints in with lunch :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My favorite wee man is here waddling around the kitchen opening all the drawers and shout mad 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

It's arrived and it's beautiful!!
    Happy as a pig in....... :pac:

A pig in what?
    A pig in what?? :eek:

RMAOK wrote: »
    A pig in what?
    A pig in what?? :eek:

As happy as a pig in a movie called Babe :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In a blanket? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A fabulous sunny day , lunch outside , reading a book in the shade , now tired and looking forward to my freshly washed bed .

As happy as a pig in a movie called Babe :D

Thanks for putting my mind at ease.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

That we're borrowed up to the hilt as a country with sizeable interest repayments but...

It's more of a concern for the younger generation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Watching the sun setting in the sky this time of night, unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching the sun setting in the sky this time of night, unbelievable.

Beautiful isn't it ?
    This was the sky here a short while ago , stunning colours .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went for a swim tonight instead of going to the gym. Was so nice to swim again, it had been ages. Felt so relaxed after it :)

Match tickets sorted for Liverpool v Arsenal in August.
    This time I'm as happy as a pig in shît!!!! :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lining up time to see family and friends after a hectic period in work finishes next week

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

The 1st taste of a very chilled can of Coke.

Spider-Man: Far from Home was very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

At my age I still get a kick out of texting my aunt who is in her 70s ( my godmother) and asking does she love me more than my sister. And she says yes of course, but don't tell her :)

After being told he was diabetic and hearing all the horror stories that come out of the woodwork at times like this, conclusive tests contradict this and he has even made it out of the pre diabetic range.:):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Westlife last night with my mam and 2 sisters. Fabulous!

Bredabe wrote: »
    After being told he was diabetic and hearing all the horror stories that come out of the woodwork at times like this, conclusive tests contradict this and he has even made it out of the pre diabetic range.:):):):):)

Thats good news good to hear

I am sorry to be very pedantic and I am not having a go at you but I wish people would use Type 2 diabetes not just diabetes . Type 1 diabetics are often children and young adults who cannot change anything nor is it caused by life style Sorry its not your fault but its a bugbear of mine .

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I am sorry to be very pedantic and I am not having a go at you but I wish people would use Type 2 diabetes not just diabetes . Type 1 diabetics are often children and young adults who cannot change anything nor is it caused by life style Sorry its not your fault but its a bugbear of mine .

I completely understand, I didn't say which type as I wasn't told which they were looking at.

As he's my friend, I'm just glad he isn't facing the potential horrors of either type.

Bredabe wrote: »
    I completely understand, I didn't say which type as I wasn't told which they were looking at.

As he's my friend, I'm just glad he isn't facing the potential horrors of either type.

I am glad for him too . Sorry to be so pedantic .

TH that the car passed the NCT

I am glad for him too . Sorry to be so pedantic .
    I get it, I have a problem with the phrase obese being used wrongly, head wrecking to me.

Just plonked myself on the couch and Fleetwood mac came on the radio, transported back to the concert a few weeks ago, happy happy memories.

• Advertisement

Spending a couple of hours in Galway this morning. I bought 4 Blu-rays and 3 books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The lovely soft rain on the garden. It was looking like I'd have to start watering the plants, but the rain saved me the trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Type 1 should be called 1st class diabetes as it is the more elite diabetes. Only the best are chosen. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The anticipation of having a big fryup this morning is making me happy. It's been ages since I last had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Caught up with good friends yesterday, got to ask my friend a lot of questions about being pregnant and satisfied my curiosity :pac:

Thought I had lost my favourite pair of sunglasses last week but found them this morning under the passenger seat in my car.

And to top it off I went for an 8km run this morning and did it quicker than I thought.

Seeing the Red Dwarf AA ad on TV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Bingeing on junk food, then going straight to bed for an hour to sleep off the impending sugar crash :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Am visiting my parents, it's a beautiful day and I'm being serenaded by dozens of beautiful birds.

No work until Wednesday, Stevie Wonder on Tuesday, life is very good right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The young, sound (and, ahem, hot :o) manager at work making sure we all got food on our break tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I've woken up pretty happy for a Monday morning. Despite a hectic workload and being WAYYYY behind on my external coursework and a bunch of other life admin things.

My default is to wake up grumpy and pissed off in general so it's nice to wake up with a bit of joie de vivre for a change :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Picking broccoli , along with its dark green leafy goodness, and kale and straight into the pan... mmmmmm

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement