Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Have been sent to work from home as my 'constant coughing' caused by princesses perfume was annoying said princess but noone else in the open plan office.:):):):):):):):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th meeting three cats today and one slow blinked back me :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Th meeting three cats today and one slow blinked back me :3.

A cat slow blinked at you?

My TH, Monday is almost over :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Oh, you're in there, Seph!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This is it wrote: »
    A cat slow blinked at you?

Yup.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Oh, you're in there, Seph!

It wasn't tuxedo cat now, it was a tabby fella sat on a window sill 😀.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Tux is a tease. I'd cut my loses there and focus on Tabs instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

The right thing coming along at the right time. Today I discovered there’s an online diploma course in Traumatology and PTSD available in City Colleges. I’ve just been thinking about this the past couple of weeks and been doing some research into the effects of trauma. I’ve also been trying to find the right online part time course to do. This course is perfect!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Tux is a tease. I'd cut my loses there and focus on Tabs instead :P

🤣🤣😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My snug bed... ... flowers from my garden nearby.... biggest cat under the covers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Been humming and hawing over a car for the last week or so, but I think I’ve finally decided that I’m going to go for it :D

Even better, I got a really good insurance quote, and then I remembered that if I added a named driver it might work out cheaper so I added my mam and it knocked €40 off the policy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Been humming and hawing over a car for the last week or so, but I think I’ve finally decided that I’m going to go for it :D

Even better, I got a really good insurance quote, and then I remembered that if I added a named driver it might work out cheaper so I added my mam and it knocked €40 off the policy :D

If you don't mind me asking. What are you getting?

Being in a happy mood and bopping around the lovely big kitchen in the new gaff to good music while making the dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Chatting to someone charming and lovely.

If you don't mind me asking. What are you getting?

Not at all, I’m getting a Mini :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Not at all, I’m getting a Mini :)

Nice!

Getting to know someone - butterflies.

That my freezer is purring after throwing a hissy fit in the night that flooded the kitchen...Sweet sound...fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Getting to know someone - butterflies.

Best feeling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The kitten was missing yesterday. I called him for ages and was panicking thinking he was lost. Turns out he had walked down to my boyfriend's parents house (they live next door) and was fast asleep on the chair in the kitchen. The brat! He's very funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

There’s a lady that serves in my local coffee haunt that gives me 3 extra loyalty stamps every time she serves me

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Son of Boom: Dad, can you get a movie for me.
    Boom: Sure son, I shall acquire poste haste.

*a short time later*

Boom: Son, that movie is in Japanese.
    Son of Boom: Yeah I know, I still want to watch it.

*turns on movie*

Female Offspring of Boom: I've no idea what's going on
    Son of Boom: Just watch it female sibling
    Female Offspring of Boom: It doesn't make any sense.
    Female Parter of Boom: *starts narrating the subtitles*

*all start shouting at each other until Godzilla appears, all is quiet and the movie proceeds*

My kids think they can speak Japanese now.

As the car I’m getting is in England, obviously I want to get an inspection done on it before I buy it. Was trying to book one with the AA but it wouldn’t work because I didn’t have a UK address or phone number. Here we go again, I thought (similar thing used to happen when I was in Leeds, I could never get food delivered because I didn’t have a UK number they could call me on)

Said I’d try and see if the RAC could do it, so I filled out a form on their website requesting a callback. I thought that won’t work as I have an Irish number. I’d say 10 minutes later the phone rang and it was a girl from the RAC.

And even better, they can do the inspection tomorrow :D

Sitting outside in soft sweet air, picking and shelling peas, with the cats coming and going..

before my first island sojourn nearly 30 years ago that was one of my dreams.... sitting at the door of my cottage shelling peas...

How blessed I am..

PS the freezer has recovered...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

The picture the boards member thread.

Great, lighthearted fun.

waking with no headache; first time for a week...makes me very very happy..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Off tomorrow!

That post-tag match burger. It was all the nicer after scoring two trys :D

the deep quiet out here that is more than the absence of sound; and a sweet empty three days ahead... mmmmmmmmmmmm

oh and full freezer and cupboards after the grocery drop.. even though they sent dog food instead of cat food...

happy days!

The white cotton tail rabbits that scurry around my friends' house that I visited last night. So wanted to take one home - dotey!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Waking up for work this morning, getting dressed and then realising you have the day off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Joe Duffy is on holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Annabelle Comes Home at the cinema this evening

I’m so excited to get my car :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

branie2 wrote: »

I've seen the ads and that film would scare the bejaysus out of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Tea and cake, happy now.

Just been standing at my gate chatting to a lovely Dublin family over to the island for the day; a real wonderful change of scene for them. Being at the crossroads this happens ,most weekends and I love welcoming them.. sent them off to see our Church... we are few here but very hospitable as someone else had stopped on the lane to do the same.. Happy but OH MY the midges! Happy to be back inside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Went for a long drive yesterday, revisiting old haunts, really enjoyed it.
    The changes in the weather as I drove through different parts of the country were amazing.
    And as I returned home there was a beautiful rainbow in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Fitting into old jeans for the first time in a long time.

Also got a lion king sweatshirt and Spice Girl style platform runners \o/

Reliving my youth :D

Soda bread from farm gate .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My best friend is home for the weekend. We went for lunch and some shopping. Such a lovely day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching the spare freezer fill up with produce from the garden. Peas, rhubarb, various soups and purées. And the smell of jam being made from the strawberries and raspberries.

You can't beat home grown.

Chatting to my favorite wee man on the phone, I told him I was gonna catch him and he ran off as fast as his little legs would carry him giggling mad :3.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The neighbourhood pets came over to visit. :) The big dog saw me walking into town and ran towards me, I had to tell her to wait for me 'cause she was going to come along. The minute I was back she was over like a shot (treats and back scratchies were administered). I was out in the front garden less than two minutes later when the ginger cat from across ran over purring and meowing and made himself at home (he went for a nosey around the kitchen and upstairs). He got some treats. In less than five minutes his tortoiseshell sister was over, too, for her ration of treats and ear scratchies. :rolleyes: They're good for the soul. :)

So lucky homeo !

branie2 wrote: »

Was going to go tonight but I'm not, jealous! Enjoy!

Soda bread from farm gate .

The nicest. What ya have with it?

The nicest. What ya have with it?

A cupan tae of course :D :pac:

A cupan tae of course :D :pac:

Butter???? :confused:

Butter???? :confused:

Butter :eek: ? god no , I eat it plain of course..............

Just kidding, lashings of real butter of course :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A vase full of fresh cut sweet pea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement