Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I really enjoyed Annabelle Comes Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Being summoned to Dublin for aptitude tests next week (which I’m awful at) has become an overnight stay with my friends, cocktails and Coppers the musical plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Being summoned to Dublin for aptitude tests next week (which I’m awful at) has become an overnight stay with my friends, cocktails and Coppers the musical plans.

Hope it's not the night before the tests!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

walking back from the Church along silent lanes around 5.30 am.... The three new cats left the road to race and climb and chase on a small hillock while we old ones watched in glee.. Three rescued from the streets... makes me very happy. also the family from y'day called back ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sound manager at work then went and made my day (see my post in the TA thread for background) by ordering me food for my break without me even having to ask him. Went up to ask if the speeches were before the meal and if I could go on break then, and he said “yeah, I’ve already ordered gougons and chips for you”

I think I’m in love :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Got the fright of my life, the kitten came running in with his eye shut and sore looking. We genuinely thought he had lost an eye. I cleaned it up as best as he would let me. This doesn't sound like a TH but it is because he is absolutely fine now, running around, playing and eating. Vet will come to see him in an hour but I'm pretty sure he's okay. More than a TH that he's okay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

blade1 wrote: »
    Hope it's not the night before the tests!! :pac:

It’s not, though honestly I think that would help!

sunshine and flowers... and blue blue sky

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Graces7 wrote: »
    sunshine and flowers... and blue blue sky

Beautiful Grace :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Coppers the Musical is fantastic, I went during it's first run last year. Hilarious. Enjoy :)

• Advertisement

fresh warm chocolate cake ( microwave cake! ) and coffee out in the sun..oh we are so rich! No one could have finer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

The kittiest kat of a thai looking girl just passed by my window :eek: stop the press... stop the traffic in figure hugging black; with a leopard print bag if I could trade alllll the others for just a bit more of that I would at a canter.

Just sold a pair of hand knitted sleevies to a tourist at the gate! Delighted!

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just sold a pair of hand knitted sleevies to a tourist at the gate! Delighted!

what made it even more happy-making is that the ferryman my neighbour stopped his minibus near the turning to chat to them and left the engine running until he saw me emerge!!!!!! waved to me so they saw me! Second time this weekend ! He knows the money goes to my faith-family in India rescuing babies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

My sister in law. We know each other so well and so long, we're like sisters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A nice lazy afternoon like today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th seeing a really small bird, smaller than a normal robin 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The sunshine and winning the match :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When you're sitting in the garden thinking

"I'd love a 99 or a Choc Ice...not going to the shop though....still it'd be nice...nah too lazy today..."

And daughter number 2 arrives with her kids and a selection of ice-creams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Autosport wrote: »
    The sunshine and winning the match :)

The sunshine will do :pac:

• Advertisement

Knitting in the sun watching the sky pageant with coffee and Cadbury's, then my oldest biggest cat on my lap... perfection.. then taking water to the back for the vegetables and being totally breathless at the majestic, breathtaking glory of the mighty, moody ocean azure at peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Logging in to work to reluctantly do a bit of work that’s needed urgently, only to find my manager submitted it on Friday, using notes I had left. Back to the garden I go!

for seph..

My oldest cat waking up and my youngest one flat out asleep .. be happy!

Roger is doing better in the tennis than I expected and giving us a great match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When people who truly deserve a break get blessed with such positive and happy news.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Logging in to work to reluctantly do a bit of work that’s needed urgently, only to find my manager submitted it on Friday, using notes I had left. Back to the garden I go!

your boss is a "keeper"! ;)

Just.... happy this morning.. have one difficult phone call to make later but else, free. as a bird and feeling... happy

Went to the beach yesterday and it was still warm enough to be in the sea at half 6

Peaceful,quiet day with nothing out of the ordinary..

• Advertisement

Cherry flavoured ice cream

The company of real friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

On the bus home from the airport and there’s no-one in the seat beside me.

solitude...sweet silence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The cheeky house sparrow who visits every day to be fed was sitting in the tree earlier. He whistled so I whistled back at him and it went back and forth. I'm probably losing the marbles I've left in thinking he was talking to me but it made me happy anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The cheeky house sparrow who visits every day to be fed was sitting in the tree earlier. He whistled so I whistled back at him and it went back and forth. I'm probably losing the marbles I've left in thinking he was talking to me but it made me happy anyway :)

I often do that too, talk to cows, sheep anything really when out & about.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Me too, I'd say hello to a dog or a cat on the street. I was reassuring the spiders that I wasn't out to harm them when hoovering earlier:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

A wild cat I’ve been feeding brought me a mouse...is that her idea of a present?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

honeybear wrote: »
    A wild cat I’ve been feeding brought me a mouse...is that her idea of a present?

Look what I got for you mammy

Was it dead? I tried and failed to get a cat to drop a tiny little mouse yesterday while it was still alive. It came back and dropped it dead about ten minutes later :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Just be careful they don't answer you back , its then you have a problem.

• Advertisement

yep and a "look what I will do for thee if you feed me!"

With mine when we were new here it was rats. Used to leave them at the door and gate.. One was the size of a well grown kitten.. the rest went off down the lane waving a white flag..

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Was it dead? I tried and failed to get a cat to drop a tiny little mouse yesterday while it was still alive. It came back and dropped it dead about ten minutes later :(

used at one house to chase my then cat when it had prey in its mouth. One day it was a live wren. I put it carefully in a dark box and the following day released it. Thereafter whenever that cat set paw outside the wren would sound the alarm and the rest of the birds joined in.. Poor cat never caught another bird! Had to skulk back inside..

at peace. following the difficult call y'day up with a letter so we shall see.. nothing more I can do so will be at peace and happy with that now. Happy with the slow amble at 5 am.. oh so lovely here!

My aunt was here on Saturday when I was talking to my mam about planning going to the UK today and booking flights etc. She said out of nowhere that she must give me something to put towards it and transferred me €200. What an absolute dote, I’d never have expected anything like that.

Unexpected treats and unexpected visitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Two very handsome, fit and young men said hello to me today!
    TH that I'm getting proof that I'm not as invisible as I feel.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had this terrible dream that I was doing my leaving cert maths exam.
    It was a very strange set up all my class were in the exam hall from my school but for some reason I was in my utility room with my sister.
    Exam was a nightmare I barely answered two questions and she answered everything and left early.
    It was fantastic waking up known that I never have to do it again.

Rain and wind making me happy... not able for watering but it is needed.. or was :) Cut flowers from the garden and a candle bright..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was watching a young couple crossing the road in summer gear this am, the girl was wearing shorts and runners, her shorts, legs and runners were white white.

Delighted to see some youngsters haven't bough into the must have fake tan 24/7 message!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I had this terrible dream that I was doing my leaving cert maths exam.
    It was a very strange set up all my class were in the exam hall from my school but for some reason I was in my utility room with my sister.
    Exam was a nightmare I barely answered two questions and she answered everything and left early.
    It was fantastic waking up known that I never have to do it again.

I had a dream this morning just before the alarm went off that I was in a car accident, I ran into the back of a blue BMW, with three passengers and I refused to stop

woke up really annoyed at myself and my dishonesty

Good news - it was all a dream

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement